The symbols of Order. Walk'em and gain power over Shadow and near-immortality. But you'd better have that all-important bloodline... There are six full, unflawed, unbroken Patterns.
The Arcadian Pattern can be walked by those of the Blood of Amber who have learned Pattern Defense, and it will clean them out, though it can't grant them the Arcadian Pattern. (The Pattern of Amber seems to work in Arcadia with the strength of a Flawed Pattern.) Those who possess both bloods can walk both Patterns and essentially flip their imprint as necessary.
- The Metal Pattern - In the basement of Castle Arcadia. The most well-known of the Patterns, generally referred to as 'the' Pattern. Guarded by the Silver Knight.
- The Wood Pattern - Located deep within primeval Uberwald, it sits on an island protected by an artificial lake created by the MoriTurtle?. Few know of this Pattern's location or existence. Guarded by the Brown Knight
- The Water Pattern - Found in the basement of the Palace in Aidacra, it is guarded by the Sea-Green Knight.
- The Air Pattern - In the Dream Palace of Arcadia. The only Pattern that doesn't exist all the time, only manifesting itself when the moon appears in the sky in day or at night. Unlike in Amber, the Air Pattern manifests every night; the brighter the moon, the more hopeful it is, while as the moon dwindles, it turns dark and dreams turn to nightmares. Guarded by the Moonlight Knight, and watched over by the Hostess and the Host as well.
- The Fire Pattern - Located in Charcadia, the City in the Sun. Guarded by the Yellow Knight.
And let's not forget...
- The Primal Pattern - Located high atop Cori Celesti, it is guarded by the Gods, and by the Primal Knight (said to resemble Princess Moonshade of Amber)