The Corunglain Free Rifle Company
The details of their origins vary by the teller, from claims they all grew up in the same small town to them all being the love-children of Bahumat and Jubilex. It's generally considered that at some point in time, they either were or pretended to be or were tricked into thinking they were a patrol unit for the Black Eagle Barony, although given their important role in the destruction of the Black Eagle Barony, some people doubt this. It's also possible that they are the servants of the Prophet Thrakmoss, that they're mercenaries in the employ of the Shires, that they're immortals in disguise, or that they are, in fact, a mass hallucination. Time will tell.
Rumor has it that they are all seeking to walk the various roads which lead to Immortality. The mere possibility of this has a lot of people very worried.
- Commander Mikhail, Grizzled Old Human Fighter, who is, in theory, in charge of the group. He fights in heavy armor with a highly enchanted blade that bears the power of the sun.
- Rimmer Borodin, Half-Elven Ass-Kicker and Mage. Trained by the Yellow Monks, Rimmer uses his magic to help him beat people down with his fists. He uses his mouth to get the group into and out of trouble. While he has magic gauntlets, his magical pipe with the animated Thyatian Bellydancer is just more picturesque, really. Rimmer, with Gherman, tends to act as leader of the group, at least in leading them into interesting trouble. He is Gherman's half-brother, and cousin to Ivan and Anna. One of four members of the company who are Archdukes of Glantri.
- Gherman the Black, Human Mage. Gherman is, unlike many black mages, rather reluctant to cast 'the spells that make the peoples fall down'. He prefers instead to hang out with Air Elementals, and counterbalances Rimmer's ruthlessness with his own shiny niceness. Gherman possesses a staff of the magi, and his magical skills greatly outshine those of his compatriots, perhaps because he's devoted his entire life just to magic. Gherman, with Rimmer, tends to act as leader of the group, trying to restrain Rimmer's clever plans. He is Rimmer's half-brother, and cousin to Ivan and Anna. One of four members of the company who are Archdukes of Glantri.
- Ivan the Godslayer. Ivan is noted for his ability to get into trouble, to flirt (often successfully), and to backstab immortals, who then explode. Well, he only did the last thing once. He has a bit of a rivalry with Lara, who tends to do everything he can do, but better, except for flirting. (Well, she has yet to backstab an immortal, either) He is Anna's brother, and cousin to Gherman and Rimmer.
- Anna, Priestess of the Church of Karameikos. Anna does her best to spread the faith of her homeland, which is perhaps a bit tricky, given she lives in a land where clerics are illegal... Still, she wields great spiritual powers (some of them used so often she uses them instinctively, like the Bless macro...), and when desperate, can call her 12 patron Immortals up on the 'phone' and beg for help (Aka, the Commune spell). She is Ivan's sister, and cousin to Gherman and Rimmer.
- Halav, Flying Human Fighter. Halav is a simple man, who likes to drink beer, fly around with his magic axe, and chop things up with it. Rather like El Ravager, but less homocidal.
- Thoric, Baron of Halav and Voted Most Likely to Die First. Thoric is now semi-retired from adventuring, or at least trying to be, thanks to a frail body caused by being killed two many times. Despite weilding a very potent magical blade, Frostrazor, Thoric acts as the group's mining canary in a fairly literal sense. This has made him rather twitchy and nervous. Thoric bears a strong resemblance to Prince Thoric of Amber
- Ilyana, In Charge of Not Falling Down and Mage. Where Thoric is first to die, Ilyana is in charge of taking obscene amounts of damage and just keeping going like an Energizer rabbit. She'd be a shadow of Corwin if this was a Canonical Amber. She's also fairly strong, a skillful warrior, and a more skillful mage. She is a big, beefy pseudo-Russian from Karameikos, with long blonde hair tied with a pink ribbon, which in theory, is supposed to make her look more feminine but finds itself helpless to overcome her physique. The pink frilly dress she now wears most of the time helps somewhat more; it's heavily enchanted to perform various useful tasks for her (like magical pockets that hold vastly more than they should). Ilyana specializes in sorcerous conjuration (racking conjurations as spells). One of four members of the company who are Archdukes of Glantri.
- Tharg, Son of the Desert, Orc Master of Disguise and Magic. Tharg was magically charmed on Gherman, Ivan, and Rimmer's first adventure, and has since become a trusted companion. A powerful fighter, he has since turned to the art of magic and become a fairly potent mage on a level with Ilyana or Rimmer. Tharg's magical disguise hat enables him to take on many identities, often either an elf or a Ylari Son of the Desert. One of four members of the company who are Archdukes of Glantri.
- Lara, Halfling Scout. Halflings come in two varieties: the chubby, cheerful reluctant hero and the wiry, tough, deadly little sneak. Lara is one of the latter. Lara is very good at being sneaky, and doesn't talk much, unless she feels it necessary to tell someone they're being stupid. With this group, she has plenty of provocation at times. She would have a rivalry with Ivan, if she wasn't better than him at everything she cares about.
- Sal, Expert on Blackmoor. Sal looks like she has just a touch of frog in her ancestry, especially due to her green skin. This is because she's actually an alien from thousands of years in the past whose spaceship crashed on Mystara. No, really.