The Chaos Succession
The Chaosian Succession uses a complex system to determine 'closeness to Dios', which determines who is heir. This is a complex proposition, but follows several rules:
- The King or Queen must have walked the Logrus. Non-Logrus users can transmit descent, but cannot themselves rule.
- Legitimate births take precedence over illegitimate.
- Children of a given individual take precedence by birth order. If both parents are descended from Dios, whichever one holds a higher rank themselves is counted, while the other is ignored for determining the precedence of their kids.
- If two individuals are of the same level of descent from Dios, they take precedence by how their parents took precedence.
The known surviving children of Dios are, in birth order:
- Suroth I (Maybe)
- Kuonji (Legitimate, but cannot inherit)
- Nagisa (Illegitimate, cannot inherit)
- Shizumaru (Illegitimate, cannot inherit)
The known surviving grandchildren of Dios, in order of succession:
- Azalyn (first because of being only surviving child of Ishmael, who had precedence among the previous generation)
- Suroth II (second because of being descended of Suroth I, who is lower precedence than Ishmael)
- Jacqui in all her aspects (Jack could, in theory, inherit, the rest can't)
- Shinobu Minor (cannot inherit)
- Akari (cannot inherit)
- Setsuna (illegitimate, cannot inherit)
- Moonshade (illegitimate, cannot inherit)
The known surviving great-grandchildren of Dios, in order of succession:
- Agla of Suroth
- Dilette of Suroth
- Egbrith of Suroth
- Nilota of Suroth
- Kaled of Formorian (son of Balor, son of Belshazzar)
- Minako (cannot inherit)
- Ota Minor (cannot inherit)
- Deirdre of Belgalad
- Vice (illegitimate, but can inherit)
- Random (illegitimate, cannot inherit)
- Jewel (illegitimate, but can inherit)
- Alexander (illegitimate, Might be able to inherit eventually, but not right now)
- It can be noted that many of the old lords of Chaos, pre-wrack, were of this generation, or further down.