Superfreak and Harem Boy
"Fascinating! May I, mmm, have just the most incremental amount of your blood in order to confirm a theory? No? Well, then, I suppose I am, mmm, bloody well out of luck. A ha. A ha ha ha."
It is unclear where Damask comes from, other than that he belongs to the House Hendrake of another universe and is apparently the son of someone who looks exactly like Kozue. Michelle was supposed to help him get back to his universe due to her experience with the Cave of Worlds, but she and Atsuko? adopted him into their harem instead. He seems utterly happy with the situation, especially given that he's been there for a century now.
Damask is notable for two things: remarkable shapeshifting abilities, and switching from relative normality to complete superfreakdom, often in the same sentence, particularly where matters of genetics are concerned. The general impression he gives is of a basically well-meaning man with a strong separation from reality and some deeply strange notions about life that a century of living with Michelle and Atsuko have done little to eradicate.
Reactions to Others:
- Fuyutsuki: I stand in awe. What a marvelous accomplishment.
- Anno: I suppose I am in no position to condemn being absent from one's home in times of trouble.
- Gendo: Apparently his children had difficult relations with him. A quandary: is any father better than none?
- Anthy: A most strange sense of familiarity draws me to her whenever circumstances bring us together.
- King Tylor: Wise is the man who hides his strength.
- Touga: Though the form remains the same, the heart is unlike. Although one wonders now that he seems likely to become the hand behind the throne in Chaos.
- Drake: A most remarkable man.
- Van: "The force that through the green fuse drives the flower."
- Saionji: I have great respect for Michelle-sama's father.
- Eowyn: Dear lady, whose name is afterwards.
- Juri: Like, and unlike. Most curious.
- Corrine: "Shine out, fair sun, till I have bought a glass, / That I may see my shadow as I pass."
- Makoto: Of course I will pull your finger. Oh look, it has come off. May I keep it? Why thank you. You are most kind.
- Corey: "O send out the raven ahead of the dove."
- Nanami: I am sorry for her death. She was a woman of intelligence and great service, both admirable things.
- Miki: He has been most kind to me in all our meetings, and I remember fondly the times I have joined in music-making with him. I most sincerely hope his fortunes improve.
- Kozue: Alas, my not-quite-mother, you are fallen even further in the eyes of your family. Would that you had allowed me to get to know you better, that I might have prevented this.
- Utena: A most exceptional woman. Unfortunate she went insane.
- Wakaba: A ray of light when all else is dark, except when driven to madness.
- Vash: He hides himself better even than the King.
Spouses of the Elders
- Yuriko: The balance of her husband.
- Suu: A most fascinating woman with some marvelous experiments, though we have had little opportunity to exchange ideas.
- The Red Knight: Sir, sir, do the veins of the Knights of the Pattern flow with the lifeblood as we mortals do? Wait, sir, please!
- Nabiki: She conceals herself muchly, or perhaps is merely a very clever delusion.
- Tsuwabuki: I am sorry for your loss. I would be entirely adrift if Michelle-sama were to die. I would offer you a simulacrum of Telemain to induldge some therapeutic rage on, but I believe such things are impolite.
- Madoka: I believe she will come to regret giving up her children, understandable though the decision may be, for blood calls to blood.
The TAMD Generation
- Keiko: How was I to know she wore her hair in that manner because of personal choice? The offer of repair was sincere.
- Michelle: Michelle-sama has made me happier than I had ever imagined or deserved. I would die for her, and stay dead, too, if that was what she wanted.
- Mikage: He would have done well to ensure his experiments would clean up after themselves in the event of untimely death.
- Nagisa: You are like a brother to me. Wait, brother! It will not hurt! Merely like the jab of a pin!
- Ramon: A gentleman whose strengths are most pleasingly distributed for me.
- Shinobu Major: Like black iron, pseudo-sister, you were hard, but brittle, and you beat against the world until you broke. True strength is flexibility, a lesson you apparently never learned; the water breaks upon the rock, but in a thousand years, the rock is gone, and the water remains, except, I suppose, if the streambed dries up, but...
- Shizumaru: With just a drop of your blood I could have helped you avoid breaking her heart. You do know that, don't you?
Spouses and lovers of the TAMD Generation
- Atsuko: She deserves better from her descendants.
- Gabrielle: Have you blood, oh Spirit of Fire? Well, if not blood, some sort of essential essence?
- Inaba: I feel a kinship at times.
- Rimururu: More understandable now than I know she is a copy. They have a tendency to degeneration.
- Younger Rimuru: Fear not; Michelle-sama has a great heart, and we will find a place for you.
The UnS Generation
- Beowulf: A scholar and a gentleman, and a great warrior. A pity his son apparently did not inherit the gene that made him good at keeping himself and others alive.
- Demetrius: I have not seen him around of late, a fact that fills my heart near to bursting with sorrow. A ha. A ha ha ha. When I laugh it means that I am joking.
- Jacqueline: I can understand all too well the appeal of clones, but I wonder if she knows their dangers.
- Kanna: A genetic study of how her parents produced such a magnificent creature would be most enlightening.
- Kentaro: I often wonder if he travelled to a Shadow where Michelle-sama and Atsuko-sama's Academy had already been founded when he was a young man.
- Kuonji: A scone? Of course. Thank you. Croissant? By the way, are you a woman or a man? If you are uncertain, a simple blood test can confirm.
- Moonshade: A marvelous example of the results you can achieve by the interbreeding of apparently noncompatible species.
- Motoko: Bad things happen when shapeshifting goes wrong. I know this all too well.
- Mutsumi: What a delightful woman!
- Naru: I feel a sadness watching her walk towards the same end as her mother.
- Nausicaa: Like a pleasant dream, she ended too soon, and shall be missed.
- Shinobu Minor: Our ends do not always lie in our beginnings.
- Sumire: A beautiful serpent.
- Thoric: I have never quite had the courage to see what exactly the natural childbearing process is like, but, perhaps, inspired by his brave example, I shall. Michelle-sama does love children...
- Vice: She is nearly, but not quite.
Spouses of the UnS Generation
- Lily: If she and her husband have another child, they would do well to make sure this one lacks the gene for exploding in primal chaos, killing himself and others, and touching off a chain of hideous disasters. I might be able to help with that.
- Mitsune: Beside her I am as a child.
- Davros: Fate is a funny thing, is it not, sir? One day, you are celibate, and the next... may I have some of your blood? Perhaps there is a common gene...
The F9R Generation
- Aburatsubo: I too understand the pain a difference of nature can make, young man. And may I have some of your blood?
- Akari: I do, in fact, have certain personal reasons to care about the fate of your parents, since no matter how ashamed you or they may be of Atsuko-sama, her happiness is of great concern to me. So yes, it is, in fact, my business.
- Asuka: She has much anger, and must find her centre before it devours her. But I know what it can be like to be guided by one hand when there were better two.
- Chloe: "All things move toward their end / On that you can be sure."
- Deirdre: Balance is found at the centre, not upon the fringes.
- Hanajima: She has a wonderful hat. Oh, and incredible powers over wind.
- Haru: Perhaps he has found it upon another path.
- Jewel: I implore you in the name of my research to allow me to have but one meagre drop.
- Kanako: I am wondering if some fragment of her personality is vested within the scattered timbers and tumbled stones of the building she briefly inhabited. If so, it might be possible to construct some sort of golem... an intriguing possibility.
- Kaname: Her mother tempered by just a little too little of her father.
- Kurz: He has a most intriguing method of acquiring fluid samples.
- Kyou: Fire in need of ice.
- Melissa: A fine balance between her parents.
- Miroku: A prodigious feat. I have always considered it as noble to sustain and continue as to create.
- Allen von Munchausen: He knows that stories have power, but overestimates what it is.
- Nanami Minor: A simple "no" would have been more than adequate. Still a considerable improvement, however, much like her grandmother.
- Nanbara: You cannot wiggle the pain away. Believe me, I once tried for two years.
- Orien: A pendulum.
- Ota Minor: A pendulum someone has glued to a wall.
- Random: Full of late of great deeds, a sun blotting out past shadows.
- Setsuna: Have you genetic samples of these Cone People?
- Shigure: He handles a difficult job with an attitude perhaps a trifle too relaxed, although at least his embassy has never had trump gates into active volcanoes opened in its dining room.
- Shiori: The forces that shape us are often mysterious.
- Sousuke: I do not know whether he will learn to bend, or learn to break.
- Suzuka: You have smashed the balance, perhaps irreparably, a feat that Brand and Annadil and Hel and all the other malice-driven villains never managed. You are a powerful proof that stupidity is not the same as evil, and sometimes it is worse.
- Telemain: Scholars do not explode in murderous primal chaos, nor do gentlemen, I am afraid.
- Tohru: A gentle child, fortunate in having many strong protectors.
- Tomos: I am informed by reliable sources that he makes lovely sweaters. Oh, and does some impressive things with swords.
- Uo: She has some marvelous dresses. Oh, and she is reputedly extremely strong.
- Violet: A woman of great sophistication.
- Yomiko: The pleasures of good reading are vast indeed, but I have learned there are others.
- Yuki: Ice in need of fire.
Damask helped make David a body after he was drawn out of Limbo by Akari. Damask has assisted Akari's trip to Cathuria, suffering grave injury in the process. He seems to have acquired a cup of blood given him by the Phoenix. Beware.
He is currently attending on Atsuko, and recently made another trip to Cathuria with her as the matter of the Two Rimururus was looked into.