Master Warrior and General
- Youngest child
- of the eldest triad
- Heart, Mind, Body
- Ill luck dogs you
- Your mouth outraces your mind
- But your blade is keen
- your arms are swift
- In battle, you reign supreme
- -- From the Prophecies of the Serpent
Head of the Harad City War Academy and bad-ass in reserve, Drake has spent the last century teaching other people how to go forth and conquer. He is now married to Duchess Nabiki, Lord High Chamberlain of Amber; they've been known to have fights over policy at times, as he once held the office with her as his subordinate, and he has pretty distinct ideas on how to do things.
Drake still hates Derith, though he's stopped randomly slaughtering shadow Deriths.
Drake has recently engaged his daughter Sumire to Lord Nanbara of Helgram (without consulting either).
He's also recently been revealed to have more descendants than he thought, as the Fenchauds of Therin were revealed to be descended of Jean Valois.
Reactions to others:
- Fuyutsuki: No hammers. Yet.
- Gendo: Dad was an evil old bastard, but he was Amber's evil old bastard. Made a great bomb too.
- Anthy: I must confess I envy you having had the fortune to take down Glaaki. They all hide from me, usually.
- King Tylor: I try to imagine an evil Tylor and I can't. Not an effective one, anyway.
- Touga: Going well so far, I think.
- Van: Same as he ever was.
- Saionji: With enough beatings, you can probably influence her somewhat, brother. Somewhat.
- Eowyn: Children can be stubborn, I know.
- Juri: I begin to wonder if all my bad luck has been rerouted to you, sister.
- Corrine: I have a clever plan.
- Makoto: It sometimes takes a kick in the face to make you face up to yourself, brother. You'll see.
- Corey: He makes a great human shield.
- Nanami: May you find the peace in death you lacked in life.
- Miki: Try not to blow it. I wish I could express confidence at that.
- Derith: The good thing about his continual resurrection is that I can kill him again.
- Kozue: You're not fooling me.
- Utena: It is possible you understood more than I did.
- Wakaba: Head out of ass now, please.
- Vash: Hmm.
Spouses of the Elders
- Yuriko: Exactly what Tylor needs.
- Suu: Well, you couldn't wiggle out of the politics after all. I told you so.
- The Red Knight: I hope he does not suffer the Green Knight's fate.
- Nabiki: I am glad to have a sane spouse, unlike some.
- Tsuwabuki: Your ability to not collapse and gibber is a definite asset.
- Madoka: Want a few Deriths to kill? It's very relaxing.
The TAMD Generation
- Keiko: Good luck.
- Michelle: Can be effective when properly motivated. I should always remember one should not fear to stoop to conquer.
- Mikage: I should have blown up Nemuro Hall long ago.
- Nagisa: Not really King material, but he will do his best and is not likely to cheat on his wife repeatedly.
- Ramon: Hard to change your spots after all this time.
- Shinobu Major: Mess with the best, die like the rest.
- Shizumaru: Well, if it works for you, then good luck.
Spouses and lovers of the TAMD Generation
- Damask: A total freak, but freaks too can be useful.
- Atsuko: When one has few duties, one can afford to wallow in carnality.
- Gabrielle: The spine Nagisa needs.
- Inaba: Fool, fool, fool.
- Rimururu: We'll see.
The UnS Generation
- Beowulf: Faster, Beowulf, KILL KILL!!!!
- Demetrius: I still think he's a freak, but he's a useful one.
- Jacqueline: I still suspect someone read the prophecies wrong.
- Kanna: Children have their surprises, ne?
- Kentaro: Head out of your ass boy. You and your mother both.
- Kuonji: Faster, Kuonji, KILL KILL!!!!
- Moonshade: A magnificent fighter when pointed in the right direction.
- Motoko: I do not forget my debts.
- Mutsumi: May I please play with your superweapons?
- Naru: Very well done, Naru. Very well done.
- Nausicaa: What a waste.
- Shinobu Minor: She seems to be doing well so far, but her need for Random's aid didn't bode well.
- Sumire: I told you.
- Thoric: Soon, soon to the sticking point. By the way, you should beat Kozue more often. Hourly, maybe.
- Vice: I trust you.
Spouses of the UnS Generation
- Davros: I do not forget my debts.
- Kaede: A loss to Amber.
- Lily: One would think she might, by now, grasp the idea of clothing adequately well.
- Mitsune: More useful than a casual glance would indicate.
- Ruka: I will not be surprised to see him make Admiral eventually.
- Aburatsubo: I would suggest trying to get maimed less often. That being said, you generally do very well. Your father can be proud of you.
- Akari: Well, some turn around, to my surprise. A reminder I am not omniscient. Well done, Akari.
- Anya: Think before you speak.
- Asuka: You'll make a good Marshal one day, I think.
- Chloe: Far surpassing her mother. Perhaps infinitely so.
- David: You'd think Nanami and Tsuwabuki wouldn't produce all musclemen.
- Deirdre: Useful as a baby sitter. Sort of.
- Hanajima: Welcome to the family. I pray your luck will exceed your mother's.
- Haru: Make your father proud.
- Inigo: If the goal is to get the boy killed, good progress is being made.
- Jewel: I see she can at least give birth competently. If Chloe helps.
- Kanako: She was lucky.
- Kaname: Isn't it just a kick? Oh yeah.
- Katherine: Impressive. But you'd better be careful about shifting into people. It can turn bad.
- Kurz: Super Losing Powers at Work.
- Kyou: Be Good to Tohru, or I will crush you.
- Makoto: A stable, competent, and dutiful daughter to her parents. Rare around here.
- Martin: He is a very good scholar.
- Melissa: It was incredibly stupid of you to jump Sousuke, unless you WANTED to ruin your life.
- Minako: Her depression fills me with the concentrated joy of a thousand shadows of smiling babies.
- Miroku: What fool gave this man a MIND SPIKARD?
- Allen von Munchausen: Less useful than Minako. More dead.
- Nanami Minor: Your grandmother would be proud of you.
- Nanbara: He will make my daughter an excellent husband. I am impressed.
- Orien: Nicely done in Mystara.
- Ota Minor: For all that he is a nigh-invincible moron, his idiocy pales in comparison to Suzuka.
- Random: Her popularity in Chaos still baffles me.
- Setsuna: He just needs someone to keep him on a short leash.
- Shigure: You are a lucky man.
- Shiori: Get those bastards for me, Shiori.
- Sousuke: Of all the people to be lead around by his cock, I didn't expect it to be HIM.
- Susanna: This is going to be a fixer-upper, I see.
- Suzuka: What a complete fucking moron. If I could sever her head without plunging Amber into war and the family into Civil War, I would. She should either be dead, or shoved into some sort of device for about a thousand years of agonizing torture, until nothing is left of her but pain, and then even the pain gutters and goes out. If she fucks up even slightly, I am going to put her in the dungeons until the world ends. Now I have to wonder if DERITH is really your father.
- Telemain: I apologize. I now see you are a FUCKING GENIUS compared to some people. Should be reincarnated, please take Suzuka with you next time.
- Tohru: I would help you if I had any clue what would help. Good luck.
- Tomos: Well, I think he has punished himself enough.
- Uo: Are you really that desperate? Orien is likely a better lay, and more sane, and less flimsy. Just a suggestion.
- Violet: Her mother in her youth.
- Yomiko: Why are you always loyal to stupid little shits? Did your parents use you to batter open stuck doors as a child or something?
- Yuki: A good woman is like a magnificent stallion, Yuki. Treat her well, and you will go much farther and faster and stronger than you could alone. But every once in a while, she's going to buck and throw you off, and you won't understand why. You just have to be patient and try again. Time and tide. Time and Tide.
- Yurika: Empress of Melnibone. EMPRESS OF MELNIBONE. WTF??????????
- [Deputy Lord High Chamberlain Nabiki]?