Daughter of the Logrus and Assistant Keeper of the Logrus of New Chaos
"Lord Drake, I assure you that I did not make up the necessity of learning to shapeshift before you attempt to walk the Logrus any more than you created the requirement that someone possess the appropriate blood to walk the Pattern." (pause) "The Jewel of Judgement is hardly mine to hand out, Lord Drake." (pause) "I'm sure the Bride of the Jewel would be happy to discuss the matter with you, Lord Drake." (pause) "I'm afraid I know little of the Pattern, Lord Drake." (pause) "I spent the Day of the Dead trying to learn how to crawl, Lord Drake." (pause) "I understand it's in your bloodline from your mother, Lord Drake." (pause) "I'm merely saying what I was taught." (pause) "If you really want to challenge the Logrus to a duel, I'm sure that can be arranged, Lord Drake." (pause) "I'm sure I'll be hearing from you later. Good day." (one end of a trump conversation)
"Dark skinned and pale haired (except for the single forelock of green hair), she took more after her father than her mother in appearance (thankfully). A silver tiara with a red gem that contained some black, squiggly thing held back her long bangs. Clad in simple white robes, she stared off to the left at something out of sight, instead of at the viewer. A network of Logrus tendrils floated all around her, performing tasks from reading to writing to forming into musical notes which floated in the air. She seemed only half aware of their activities."
Born in 1332, Jewel was the daughter of Princess Jacqueline Tenjou and the Logrus. As in the Sigil of Chaos. Having previously only given birth to hideous monsters, the Logrus was overjoyed to have a perfect daughter. Jacqueline was somewhat less overjoyed, but set out to try to be a good father/mother to Jewel. Unfortunately, the Logrus wanted Jacqueline to dump Mutsumi and Thoric like a rock (understandably enough). The issue remained unsettled when Jacqueline fissioned, and one of her selves, Jack, came to live with the Logrus and raise Jewel.
Jewel had very little contact with her mother's other selves, though Jacqui made periodic visits (usually bringing Mutsumi and Thoric to stay at the Amberite Embassy in Chaos while she made the visit).
Little is known of Jewel's youth, although she seems to have walked the Logrus at the age of 15, in 1347.
1374 AY: Valentine's Day, aka The Night of Death by a Thousand
Kisses (Arcadia): Thoric finds Jacqui, Dr. Jacqueline, The Bride of the Jewel, The Hostess, and Mutsumi all waiting for him, wanting to have a romantic evening with him. Without a mob. Just as Thoric calms everyone down, the Sign of the Logrus shows up, with Jack trying desperately to restrain it. It is drunk and bitter, and has been watching movies about romantic suicide.
The result is a humongous riot, which only ends when Jewel makes her first appearance in Arcadia, and shows everyone that Morgenstern has been broadcasting the entire thing on Pay-Per-Trump. They all team up to kick Morgenstern's ass and force him to listen to Abba until High Summer.
Jewel seemed to play a role in Random's decision to become a Stylite in 1376, and seemed disappointed when Random left the order.
Having mastered the arts of Logrus, Jewel became Assistant Keeper of the Logrus in New Chaos in 1401, after the previous Assistant Keeper attempted to help release an Abyss Master from the Abyss.
PERSONALITY AND APTITUDES
Jewel is a quiet and shy woman most of the time, although when
sufficiently pushed by stupid people, she begins sliding into veiled sarcasm and becomes generally unhelpful. She seems to have very large amounts of patience, however.
Jewel has a beautiful singing voice, but seems to prefer to listen to music; in fact, she is always accompanied by music, which often seems to form a sort of soundtrack commenting on events around her. One of the few forms of public appearances Jewel makes which don't relate to her Logrus duties is to appear at Random and Shiori's concerts.
Jewel's potent will is linked with massively puissant skills with the Logrus. She also seems to have vast amounts of endurance, though she rarely seems to need it.
Most of the time, Jewel seems a little sad and wistful, though she notably brightens up in the company of Jack, Jacqui, Random, Shiori, the Sign of the Logrus, or when attending any sort of musical performance.
Jewel really, really hates Mavros, the High Priest of the Serpent. He seems to like her, though (or perhaps is just amused by her).
REACTIONS TO OTHERS:
Old and New Chaosians
- Anno: I hope the mission to bring him back goes well.
- Dios: A good and just king. I am honored to serve him.
- Ex-Wu-Drake: He serves New Chaos well. Sadly, I cannot change the laws of nature to suit his desires.
- Logrus: Mama, I love you. We'll find a way to make you okay.
- Mavros: Degenerate freak.
- Rose: She will pay.
- Fuyutsuki: It might, perhaps, have been wise to build a more flexible system.
- Gendo: Good Riddance.
- Anthy: Thank goodness she survived.
- King Tylor: King Tylor has beaten the odds.
- Touga: He will guide Azalyn well.
- Drake: Slightly less obnoxious than the one I usually deal with.
- Van: He was born for his job.
- Saionji: I should get an imprint of HIS face.
- Eowyn: Proof that we are more than our origins make us. I will mourn your loss.
- Juri: I hope she continues to look to the future instead of the past.
- Corrine: Too easily people forget the woman who wallowed in the blood of her enemies and delighted in the cries of the fallen.
- Makoto: He plays a dangerous game.
- Corey: Should have stayed dead.
- Nanami: I am sorry you had to die of other people's mistakes, Aunt.
- Miki: A good and gentle King.
- Kozue: I hope she will be shown mercy, as Eowyn, Saionji, and Vice were for their crimes agains the family. People can change. She let go of one hatred, I hope that if she lives, she will let go of this one as well.
- Utena: Great-Grandmother is a good and noble woman.
- Wakaba: Kind and gentle and friendly.
- Vash: A very lucky man in several senses of the word.
Spouses of the Elders
- Madoka: Your restraint in the face of the universe is a lesson to us all in self-control.
- Nabiki: Huh. She is real.
- The Red Knight: I have never met the Red Knight.
- Suu: I would almost think her the child of Wasyuu.
- Tsuwabuki: It is a terrible thing to lose one's true love.
- Yuriko: She is a very good queen.
The TAMD Generation
- Keiko: Gold-digger.
- Michelle: Whore.
- Mikage: Perhaps it was better he die now before the darkness could devour him.
- Nagisa: Another demonstration he is a wimp.
- Ramon: He climbs the steps to godhood, unaware of his road.
- Shinobu Major: I hope she will be shown mercy, as others who have sinned against the family have been shown it. While one lives, there is always the hope of change for the better.
- Shizumaru: He remains a good and gentle man despite many temptations to act otherwise. I think he chose wisely.
Spouses and lovers of the TAMD Generation
- Atsuko: Whore.
- Damask: What does he see in Michelle???
- Gabrielle: All the wonders of creation.
- Inaba: Another traitor. A pity.
- Rimururu: The Universe has not been kind to her.
The UnS Generation
- Beowulf: He knows his business and does it well. And he has always been kind to Momma, when few are.
- Demetrius: Once again, he has done what few can do and done it well.
- Jacqueline: (begins to cry)
- Kanna: Kanna both means well and does well.
- Kentaro: A waste of Amber's blood.
- Kuonji: A delightful baker and cunning scholar.
- Moonshade: She is a potent warrior and a good aunt who I love.
- Motoko: Good luck on your trip. Though I'm sure there won't be many problems.
- Mutsumi: Arcadia has flourished in her care.
- Naru: A suitable vengeance, I think.
- Nausicaa: First the darkness perishes, and then the light. Balance of a sorts, but not a pleasant one.
- Shinobu Minor: Good luck in Aesir.
- Sumire: I have seen little of her, and heard less.
- Thoric: Arcadia has flourished in his care. Though I never thought he would be the one to bear the child.
- Vice: People can change for the better, but it is so hard to forget the past.
Spouses of the UnS Generation
- Davros: You and Thoric. ....
- Kaede: Farewell, brave warrior.
- Lily: All that she does turns to gold.
- Mitsune: She does more stupid things before breakfast than some people do all day.
- Ruka: He is a good naval commander, I hear.
- Aburatsubo: Good luck with Orien.
- Akari: Congratulations, Song. There is much work for you.
- Anya: She reminds me much of Moonshade.
- Asuka: A new era begins for her, I hope.
- Chloe: I suspect she has been far more a friend to Chaos than she would like. But her prudence outweighs her passion, which is wise.
- Deirdre: An utter fool.
- Hanajima: There is something wrong with this woman.
- Haru: Unbalanced, he fell. Moron.
- Kanako: I sorrow for her that I could not do more for her.
- Kaname: You should have asked me for help. I have ways of telling such things.
- Kurz: A tender, gentle man. *blush*
- Kyou: You sharpen your claws for the wrong foe. You should be finding who is pulling your strings.
- Makoto Minor: There are many people in Arcadia who need to be cured of stupidity by her fists.
- Melissa: I am glad that she is alright.
- Minako: She means well. It would be wiser for her to avoid games with Death, however.
- Miroku: I have a bad feeling about this.
- Allen Von Munchausen: An idiot beyond measure.
- Nanami Minor: The Dream Castle has been smoking crack, I see.
- Nanbara: I must regretfully conclude that he would make a better Lord Helgram than his elder brother, since he at least understands how to command.
- Orien: Hopefully, he will treat Abu well, though I fear not.
- Ota Minor: It is easy for me to see why Setsuna hates him.
- Random: My beloved sister. Though circumstances keep us apart, I will always love you and come if I can. I pray you never lose your song again.
- Setsuna: A good man; his intent is pure, though his understanding oft confused. He would have done the same thing. In an instant.
- Shigure: I know little of Lord Shigure.
- Shiori: I am glad to see her back, hearty and whole.
- Sousuke: No one can fault his skills, and I am glad to see he has been able to help his family.
- Suzuka: This is why errors cannot be tolerated.
- Telemain: This is what comes of dabbling in petty powers instead of learning such important concepts as how logrus and trump explode on contact with each other. Or how, when six logrus masters are about to contain the Primal Chaos, you don't open trump contacts near it so it can escape. At least you didn't take your parents with you.
- Tohru: What is the hand which moves her?
- Tomos: Mother speaks well of him, but I can't remember that we've ever met in the flesh.
- Uo: The slut and the thug. How appropriate.
- Violet: We can see what has come of her being ambassador.
- Yomiko: Poor woman. Her sorrow is great.
- Yuki: Can you not see you are being played, Lord Yuki?
Jewel typically wears a tiara with a red jewel set in it, within
which the Logrus floats, constantly changing.
Came to the Catala-Helgram Ball, where she and Kurz seem to have had a tryst.
Jewel was revealed to have been turned into a pawn of Galatea, but was saved by Chloe, Sousuke, and their friends.