Katherine d'Medici, Mercenary Swordswoman and Water Elementalist
"In my experience, tails get in the way."
"As I gazed on the card, I felt a sense of the good humor of the woman upon whom I was looking. She smiled broadly as she shimmered on the verge of shapeshifting, but I could make out her long brown hair, tied back in a ponytail, and her large green eyes, which glinted with merryment. She dressed in black and gold this day, black pants and a gold tunic, and twin short swords hung at her hips. Just from her stance, I knew she was a woman to be reckoned with if you roused her to anger; but that was a force not easily unleashed."
Little is known of her history, except that she is an old friend (and probably old lover of Orien) and that she is from Sethfore. She would appear to be in roughly the same age cohort as the current generation.
Personality and Aptitudes
Katherine is a friendly, flirtatious woman with a fairly practical outlook on life, very loyal to her friends, but not much impressed with ideologies. Or with puritans.
She constantly seems a little baffled by the sheer level of danger she keeps getting herself into, but has loyally stuck by her companions through it all.
She is very adept in the use of her swords, having displayed skill on a par with Prince Corey or Prince Shizumaru. She is also fairly potent of mind and adept in the art of Water Elementalism, where she is roughly a match with Yuki of Frostspire in skill with water, though of moderately inferior mental strength.
She is also a shapeshifter of a fair amount of skill.
Reactions to others:
- Fuyutsuki: He's pretty funny.
- Gendo: Sounds like a hypocritical bastard to me.
- Anthy: Note to self--do not make this woman mad.
- King Tylor: THE KING of which all others are but shadows.
- Touga: I have a feeling that one of these days, no one is going to be there to bail him out when he gets tricked.
- Drake: I can see why he and Loewen get along.
- Van: I know little of Van.
- Saionji: I hear he's all talk and no skill.
- Eowyn: A shining example of redemption.
- Juri: Bad-ass.
- Corrine: Hugs are good.
- Makoto: We all have bad days.
- Corey: More fun than a barrel of monkeys.
- Nanami: Poor woman; a horrible way to go.
- Miki: He's a good king.
- Kozue: I feel kind of bad for the kid.
- Utena: Also a bad-ass.
- Wakaba: A good woman.
- Vash: VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spouses of the Elders
- Yuriko: A good queen.
- Suu: A very strange woman.
- The Red Knight: Married to Queen Corrine, right?
- Nabiki: Hmm, not a myth after all.
- Tsuwabuki: I feel sorry for the poor guy.
- Madoka: A great musician. I feel sorry for her for the hell she's gone through recently.
The TAMD Generation
- Keiko: Needs to throw off her cloak of puritanicalness and accept her true self.
- Michelle: The greatest.
- Mikage: What a lousy way to go.
- Ramon: Daaamn, he is hot. Too bad he's married.
- Shinobu Major: Self-righteousness leads to self-destruction.
- Shizumaru: He's hot too, but also taken.
Spouses and lovers of the TAMD Generation
- Damask: I hear he's a laugh riot.
- Atsuko: Knows how to live.
- Gabrielle: Got a bit of a temper.
- Inaba: Who?
- Rimururu: On her way to being the next Shinobu Major.
The UnS Generation
- Beowulf: Sorry about Orihime, sir. I guess someone pissed in her wheaties.
- Demetrius: Do not charge the Outsider, Captain.
- Jacqueline: I have to envy the woman despite her problems.
- Kanna: Not a woman I'd want angry at me.
- Kentaro: He's good looking if not the brightest prince in the trump deck.
- Kuonji: Funky.
- Moonshade: Give me another century...and she'll still be ahead of me. But I wouldn't mind being her, either.
- Motoko: She needs, like her mother, to cast off the cloak of puritanism, and show her true self.
- Mutsumi: A good Queen with much wisdom.
- Naru: Too much temper, but she's a BAD ASS too.
- Nausicaa: Sorry to hear she died.
- Shinobu Minor: A good woman and a good...well, pseudo-queen for Begma.
- Sumire: She interests me.
- Thoric: Yet another in the 'cute but taken' sweepstakes. Though it didn't stop Motoko.
- Vice: I would think a century is enough time to prove one's loyalty.
Spouses of the UnS Generation
- Davros: I hear he's the ultimate sex-machine, though he doesn't look it.
- Kaede: Poor guy; can't blame him for going with her.
- Lily: I could see myself as Lily too.
- Mitsune: She gets the party started.
- Ruka: I wonder if he'd make a good replacement for Kozue.
- Aburatsubo: Mmm, Mmm, Good.
- Akari: Her life has been more terrible than even an enemy could wish on her of late.
- Anya: Seems friendly.
- Asuka: Temper is bad for you.
- Chloe: I have heard she is a woman of skill most puissant.
- Deirdre: No common sense. AT ALL.
- Hanajima: A little creepy.
- Haru: Sounds like his skills at Pattern and being bait are both high.
- Jewel: Don't know much of her.
- Kanako: Poor woman.
- Kaname: An interesting woman.
- Kurz: o/~ Shake that booty, baby. You make my pillar shake o/~ Yes, I have the records. And should probably die for it.
- Kyou: Kinda hunky, but prickly.
- Makoto: Never met her or even SEEN her.
- Melissa: She should release another album.
- Minako: Sounds like a total nutcase.
- Miroku: SEXY. MMMMMMM, GOOD.
- Allen von Munchausen: I have heard stories about this man...
- Nanami Minor: Vampires, huh? Hmm, yeah, I'd think she'd make a good vampire slayer.
- Nanbara: The funniest man alive. Unfortunately, I don't think that's what he really wants to be.
- Orien: He's a hunk and a true prince. A dear friend, for who I would risk much.
- Ota Minor: Who hit him with the ugly and stupid sticks? Repeatedly.
- Random: She sings like an angel.
- Setsuna: A whackjob.
- Shigure: Too bad he's cursed.
- Shiori: Maybe this time we'll get to the Eyes. Really.
- Sousuke: He's kind of hunky, but seems to think 'sex' comes after 'five'.
- Telemain: Educated stupid.
- Tohru: Don't really know her.
- Tomos: ...
- Uo: A bad copy of Nanami Minor.
- Violet: She's got her work cut out for her.
- Yomiko: Shouldn't have listened to Kanako.
- Yuki: Damn, he's yummy. Taken, but yummy.
Katherine favors twin short swords in combat.
Katherine has now acquired Tirya, a Unicorn Spikard, in Mystara.
Much of the details of her adventures are hidden in the mists surrounding Shiori and Orien, but it would appear she journeyed with them to Kadath, and was one of the four tasked with destroying the Three Eyes of the Violator. She also assisted Shiori in the trip into the Abyss to rescue Vash.
On her return, she went with Orien to Mystara, where she managed to lay her hands on Tirya, a Unicorn Spikard. Due to her actions working with both Orien and Shiori (as well as the spikard), Katherine was soon sworn in as a Special Agent of the Crown, then returned to Mystara with Orien, Shiori, and Aburatsubo to shut down Coligny of the Ascended Masters.
She has since aided Orien and Shiori during the events of the Logruswrack, including the liberation of Helgram, preventing the assassination of Azalyn by Fate-Orien, as well as defeating the Dread Pirate Barbara, Sinatra, and the Rat Pack.
She appears to be in a relationship with Shiori. Or possibly Aburatsubo. Or perhaps even Orien. Who can say?