Court Mage of Amber
Keiko was born in Lipun, but left at an early age for Amber. Her exceptional skill with magic soon landed her a position working for Nanami in Amber City, and she rose to become the head of the Sorcery Division in a fairly short time.
During the Annadil Crisis she worked closely with Shaft and Ramon on several missions, and became romantically involved with Ramon near the end of the Crisis. They married soon after. She was also revealed during this time to carry the Blood of Ember in her, and was officially adopted by Corrine after she walked the Fire Pattern.
Keiko was to have given birth to twin daughters, but an assassination attempt near the end of her pregnancy resulted in the death of one of them. The other, Motoko, was sickly in her early years, but soon grew strong and healthy.
During the Herald Crisis, she went on many missions, culminating in her defense of ShAmber? and the mission to attack Hel's
Primal Pattern, where she is said to have rained down fire with the aid of both Gabrielle and Morgenstern.
Originally rised in Lipun, Keiko seems to have completely assimilated and never mentions her homeland. Her skills at the use of magic for conducting investigations is quite reknowned. She is generally a pleasant person. Once a terrible guitar player, she has practiced for a century, and moved from bad to mediocre to decent to good to great, and now sometimes has been known to join in the so called 'Royal Jam', which happens once a year in Rebma (So called because Miki, Madoka?, Mutsumi, and Thoric are all royalty now).
For reasons unknown, Keiko's Haradian heritage seems to have manifested itself strongly over the last century. She has gone from a short, willowy woman who looked about as Haradian as, say, Anthy, to a still short, but now rather more solidly built woman, putting on large amounts of muscle mass and having enhanced curves. Once weaker than the average chambermaid, Keiko is now strong enough to have once punched out Ota Minor. (She has been known to augment this strength with magic, becoming strong enough to take on Nanami Minor and win when she does so). The cause for this is believed partially due to her beginning a training regime with her husband, but even her physical features look more Haradian, and it can be seen clearly that she is Corrine's daughter.
She is Motoko's mother, and has had a stormy relationship with her daughter, although she seems to have come around to accepting Motoko's unusual relationships. In fact, she seems to rather revel in Motoko's position as Bride of the Dragon, and has been known to be able to bully the Logrus into doing her will, calling on her authority as the Logrus' grandmother. After years of squabbling, she and Moonshade have made peace, though it is unlikely they will ever be very close. She seems to like Davros, and alternates between good relations with Mitsune and wishing to kill, kill, kill her. She seems fond of Deirdre, aggravated by Miroku, confused by Kanako, and dismissive of Nanbara. She and Nanami Minor have a poor relationship, ever since Nanami Minor's teenage years. She has fairly good relations with most of the current generation, especially the mages. She is known to have provided some training to Captain Hanajima, and to have gone on a wild shopping adventure with Captain Tomos and the Logrus some years back.
Many observers are quite baffled by her relationship with Captain Uotani. She first met the Captain by being punched out in a boutique by her (for reasons unknown to the general public), and for many years seemed quite irritated with Ramon for his favorable treatment of her. Over the years, she gradually softened, and after the 1395 incident in Wroland, she made a sharp 180, and has moved to showing Uotani an amount of favoritism which quite irritates many other guardsmen and baffles many other people. They go shopping together, she tried to teach Uotani sorcery (and did teach her power words), and she continues to work on smoothing away Uotani's rough edges with mixed success. Uotani seems to show up a remarkably large number of Belgalad family gatherings where one might not expect a simple guardswoman to appear. This has led some to speculate that Uotani quietly shares Ramon and Keiko's bed, though Uotani becomes violent when people ask this, and Keiko just laughs at anyone who suggests it. Ramon simply glares. Others speculate that she is an illegitimate child of one or the other of them, though given that no one else seems to bother hiding their bastards, this seems unlikely.
Keiko, Chloe, Kaname, Kanna, and Nanami Minor recently were involved in a raid against the Untouchable Trio (plus one) and seem to have been rather successful.
Keiko and her husband were among those who recently helped raise Anya in fast-time.
Keiko joined Asuka, Chloe, Minor, and Yuki on a mission into Valencia recently, which ended with the death of Ascended Master Saruman.
Keiko has participated in various other ventures of late, notably helping to defend Azalyn from an assassination attempt, the revification of David, and the battle against The Ends of the World.
Reactions to others:
- Fuyutsuki: The more things change, eh?
- Gendo: King Gendo loved Amber very much. And women. A lot of women. Too many women.
- Anthy: Take good care of her.
- Logrus: Listen to your grandmother's words.
- King Tylor: Too kind for his own good.
- Touga: A man who has found his place at last, I think. I have rarely seen him so happy.
- Drake: Children have a tendency to not do what you want, Uncle. If you can't accept this, you go crazy.
- Van: A brave and dashing man.
- Saionji: Perhaps he is finally learning to keep it in his pants.
- Eowyn: No, it never stops.
- Juri: Poor woman.
- Corrine: Mother rules Ember well. She and Tylor seem to grow more alike as time passes.
- Makoto: He bears adversity well.
- Corey: Human shields have their uses.
- Nanami: I will miss her to the end of my days.
- Miki: It is probably for the best.
- Derith: A pity he did not die much sooner than he did.
- Kozue: Good riddance to bad rubbish.
- Utena: We shall see.
- Wakaba: Where is she, anyway?
- Vash: Somewhat more useful than Corey.
Spouses of the Elders
- Yuriko: As good a Queen as one can imagine.
- Suu: I understand better now.
- The Red Knight: He is a good man, faithful and true.
- Nabiki: An elegant, intelligent woman, the epitome of a female noble.
- Tsuwabuki: At least he has one piece of joy to offset his sorrow.
- Madoka: If he didn't really love you, he would have left you by now. Who would stop him? But that doesn't mean he's not an idiot, though.
The TAMD Generation
- Michelle: Thank you.
- Mikage: We were never friends, but he deserved a better death.
- Nagisa: I think he is ready for this task now; he seems at least to be doing well.
- Ramon: He may not be polished, but it is better to have a rough exterior and a sturdy, faithful core than to look good on the outside but be rotten on the inside. We belong to each other and nothing else matters.
- Shinobu Major: Few things are worse than to watch someone degenerate into a bitter, raving lunatic.
- Shizumaru: The tigher the winding, the further the snapping, I think.
Spouses and lovers of the TAMD Generation
- Damask: I think you already have enough blood.
- Atsuko: Not my first choice for divinity; hopefully she will do something useful with it, but I won't hope too hard.
- Gabrielle: I never expected to have such a sister.
- Inaba: I barely knew him.
- Rimururu: Really, I should have expected this. But at least our families will get along better now.
The UnS Generation
- Beowulf: He is still gentle and wise, even in the face of his losses.
- Demetrius: My brother is a bit creepy, but he does what no one else in this family can do, and he is at heart, a good man. Vaprak, on the other hand, I could do without.
- Jacqueline: Her father would be proud of her. And so are we.
- Kanna: While she tends to dress even worse than Utena, she is a good and valiant woman.
- Kentaro: In a time like this, we must all step up. Otherwise, your achievements of peacetime will be forgotten.
- Kuonji: I cannot trust him, yet we need him.
- Moonshade: We have made our peace, though it has not been easy. Watch over my daughter.
- Moriya: Don't even THINK about it. But good to have you back.
- Motoko: My beloved daughter, even when she is foolish.
- Mutsumi: I cannot blame her for being angry.
- Naru: Doing better.
- Nausicaa: Good bye, Dream Princess. We will remember you.
- Shinobu Minor: She has grown wiser with time; I suppose she is suited for her role.
- Sumire: ...
- Thoric: No poaching, your highness.
- Vice: I do not think I will ever trust her.
Spouses of the UnS Generation
- Davros: I have great respect for my son-in-law.
- Kaede: Farewell.
- Kitsune: ...
- Lily: Worst and Least Dressed Amberite, for over a century now.
- Mitsune: More like her mother than I once realized.
- Ruka: I hear there is a large opening in the Rebman Navy, Commodore...
- Aburatsubo: Life seems to be out to get him; I hope his luck improves.
- Akari: I really shouldn't be surprised. Still, it seems to have made her more competent also.
- Anya: Almost like my own child, right down to doing foolish things for no good reason.
- Asuka: Go sit in the corner until you calm down, child.
- Chloe: At this point, I am going to say that she is probably going to end up the largest sex-maniac in this family. That being said, she is someone I am always happy to have on a mission with me, as she can be relied on.
- David: Joy for those who grieve is a rare gift.
- Deirdre: We will make something of you yet, granddaughter.
- D-Kanako: I do not know what to say.
- Hanajima: Congratulations. It is not easy, but you will find it rewarding.
- Haru: It happens to us all, sooner or later, Haru.
- Inigo: The unintended revenge of us all.
- Jewel: No news yet of her mouth levels.
- Kanako: May you find peace.
- Kaname: It was about time.
- Katherine: Royal patronage has its benefits.
- Kurz: Your patience exceeds mine.
- Kyou: Congratulations on your cure. Perhaps you will now find time to learn how to dress and act in a manner suitable to your station. I will not, however, hold my breath.
- Makoto: The child her parents can be proud of.
- Martin: He writes very well.
- Melissa: To do it halfway is worse than not doing it at all.
- Minako: FEEL MY PAIN. There's a lesson for you in this, but I doubt you will learn it. But I will be laughing until you do.
- Miroku: Exceeding my expectations. I should have understood him as harbinger earlier, though.
- Allen von Munchausen: I liked him very much, but I must say we're likely safer without him.
- Nanami Minor: I will see you in dresses yet, but I am proud of you, my daughter. Let us put the past behind us.
- Nanbara: Very impressive, grandson. You have come a long way.
- Orien: I will not be letting him command any of my expeditions.
- Ota Minor: He makes Corey look smart.
- Random: No blood for you, either. Still, she does seem to be doing well, except when she unleashes havoc.
- Setsuna: He reminds me oddly of Loewen.
- Shanks: Damnation. Hellfire and damnation.
- Shigure: He reminds me of Tylor.
- Shiori: Thankfully inherited her father's fashion sense instead of her mother's.
- Sousuke: I believe you need the lesson on correct application of the concept of 'fairness'. And a common sense transplant.
- Susanna: She has much to learn, but I enjoy teaching.
- Suzuka: Some people are determined to self-destruct.
- Telemain: He proved less intelligent than I believed.
- Tohru: ...
- Tomo: I think her intellect is the intelligence equivalent of the Planck Length.
- Tomos: He seems to be finally recovering.
- Uo: Soon, Arisa, soon. All will be in the open as I wish it could have been long ago. Be patient with Miroku; I don't think he can help it.
- Violet: The most impressive of Yumi's daughters.
- Yomiko: I am grateful for her kindness to Kanako and regretful for her stupid ways of expressing it.
- Yuki: Really, it was to be expected, unfortunately.