She-Wolf of the Seas of Amber and Expert Baby-Hider
- The rage of the ocean
- is hers to command
- and the allure of the seas
- is the sword in her hands
- She knows why sailors abandon all
- to know the embrace of the sea
- to feel the water beneath them
- the waves the mother who rocks them to sleep
- --The Prophecies of the Serpent
Kozue is Miki's female twin, but isn't much like him. She is a naval commander of great note, a professional military woman all her life, who approaches life as a war to be won, and in love and war, all means are justified. She is aggressive, passionate, cunning, and manipulative. Driven by strong passions, she is very cunning at changing her tactics, if not so good at letting go of grudges and now impossible goals.
Kozue's romantic misadventures have been a major force in her life. She is rather aggressive in her sex life, and rather unafraid to go where even people in this family often fear to tread. She is known to have an incestous interest in her brother Miki, and long feuded with his wife Madoka as a result. She has since put that feud behind her, apparently after some sort of group orgy involving Juri, Kozue, Madoka, and Miki (which produced their joint daughter, Yurika.) She and Juri have continued to clash somewhat over Miki, though Juri's avoidance of further sex with Miki (until the Night of the Pentet) has kept that feud lower key than many would have expected. She seems to want to make peace with Juri; her level of sincerity remains to be seen.
Kozue's various entanglements have produced five children over the years: Nagisa by Annadil and Miki, Yurika by Juri, Miki, and Madoka, Shinobu Major by Briaereos, Chloe by some unnamed male (most assume some Shadow person), and finally Shinji by Madoka. Kozue is a terrible mother, with a tendency to hide her children in Shadow, in part because of her knack for producing children she never planned to have. Three of her four born children were hidden away in Shadow by her, with only Shinobu Major raised by her to any meaningful extent. Given Shinobu Major's decline into treason, perhaps the other children are the fortunate ones. It remains to be seen if Shinji Minor will do any better.
While not a good mother, Kozue tends to be fiercely loyal to her immediate family and her friends. Mess with them and you will earn her enmity, which tends to last until the end of time.
When not producing babies, Kozue remains one of the family's naval experts, a swordswoman of substantial skill, a sorceress of substantial skill, an expert conjuror, and one of the family's Pattern experts. A woman of many talents, she prizes flexibility and the ability to adapt to any circumstance. Kozue is a survivor, always willing to do whatever is necessary to survive, because you can't get even if you're dead.
Kozue seems to most respect people who are clever and well-mannered (despite her own fits of rudeness). She also usually respects anyone who has made a serious attempt to master the Naval Arts. (Princess Shiori has benefited from this, as has Princess Kaname and Prince Demetrius.) She seems rather disappointed that none of her own descendents have shown much interest in the navy; she badgers Yurika about it heavily.
Kozue Across the Campaigns
After the loss of her hand and Magnus the Unseen, during her rose duel with Madoka, Kozue withdrew to Shalomar for most of the Annadil Crisis, only returning to Amber in the last days of the crisis to help rescue her brother from Annadil. She has reconciled with the pair and seemed quite content at their wedding.
During the Herald Crisis, she led her fleet nobly and well in battle, although she was apparently kidnapped by the
Black-Unicorn War Train at one point. She piloted the Soyokaze on the Day of Darkness, and was congratulated publically
by Tylor for her good work.
She then moved to Rebma and became commander of the Pearl Fleet for her brother, Miki, when he became King.
Kozue and Shinobu Major were recently revealed to have been involved in an elaborate plot to destroy Arcadia, and was thrown in jail for treason. This revelation came in the wake of her being used as a toy by Nemuro Hall. She has since begged for mercy, and been allowed to atone by serving Arcadia for the next three hundred years bound by oaths on Justice.
After a successful porn investigation by Kozue with Yurika, Random, and Juri, Kozue retired to Babyland Mark-2 (Micro-Arcadia), in order to spawn.
She now has a baby boy named Shinji. Shinji Minor is a cute little baby, who is not evil AT ALL.
Reactions to others:
- Fuyutsuki: Far more cunning than I realized.
- Gendo: Did you feel like this sometimes? Maybe you did. I have a sneaking suspicion I am coming to understand some of how you felt about us.
- Anthy: A pity she wasn't lost in the Abyss.
- King Tylor: Brother, your capacity for mercy is vast. I am in your debt. I have heard your words, and perhaps I begin to understand. It will not be easy, but I think I understand. I cannot like it, but in the end, I am not quite THAT stupid, I hope.
- Touga: Very slick, brother. We'll see if you do any better than I did at thinking you are clever. It all looks so easy until you realize one of the torches slipped and your hair is BURNING.
- Drake: Well, I see you are very good at spotting hidden talents.
- Van: His kindness is impressive.
- Saionji: Hmm, much, much better than I had realized it.
- Eowyn: It's not easy being a mother is it?
- Juri: How do you do it?
- Corrine: I don't suppose you've written any memoirs?
- Makoto: Swift move, ex-lax.
- Corey: I still think you are stupid, but I see a few things better now.
- Nanami: HAH! BURN IN HELL, BITCH!
- Miki: Take care of Madoka. I don't want to have given you up for nothing.
- Utena: I haven't done anything much for Amber lately because I've been in a jail cell. What's your excuse?
- Wakaba: Get off your ass, woman, and do something useful.
- Vash: Better a baby than pregnant.
Spouses of the Elders
- Yuriko: She's stiff as wood, but she is a hard-working queen.
- Suu: Go, go, Suuzilla.
- The Red Knight: Hmmm...
- Nabiki: An intelligent, elegant woman.
- Tsuwabuki: Dance little puppet, dance!
- Madoka: Please tell me you'll help me with little Shinji when he's born. I don't want to mess up another one, and you seem better at this than I am.
The TAMD Generation
- Keiko: More clever than I realized. But still has ugly hair.
- Michelle: I begin to wonder if perhaps you had the right idea.
- Mikage: A sacrifice worth making for Nanami to die.
- Nagisa: I will do my best, son. You came out well, right? Right?
- Ramon: Someone, make this man improve his brain, before it's too late.
- Shinobu Major: Please repent before it is too late. Death will accomplish nothing. Nothing at all. Life is hope, daughter, even painful life.
- Shizumaru: Suddenly, I see to the core of the matter. UGH. Is there some cosmic force at work here? Still, I wish him well, though I wish I could pass on the insight. But he'd either laugh at me, or it would turn out he knew all along, and then I would want to go live in a box.
Spouses and lovers of the TAMD Generation
- Atsuko: And people call me a floozy.
- Damask: Hell, go ahead and call me Mom.
- Gabrielle: Well, Suzuka has stolen the thunder of my insult. Hold on, I'll come up with something to express my contempt.
- Inaba: Damn.
- Rimururu: You don't even appreciate it, do you? Do us all a favor and go ahead and go crazy so that you can be killed and replaced, okay? Or else get your head out of your ASS. You want to know why the family doesn't take Bust Rimururu seriously? It's because she's infinitely less annoying that you are. You have a husband who loves you, a daughter who loves you, and a family back in your home shadow who still cares about you. AND YET YOU WHINE INCESSANTLY! Are there invisible weasels chewing on your butt continually or something? GET OVER IT.
The UnS Generation
- Beowulf: Your kindness to my daughter is appreciated; she was able to take on some of your good qualities without the bad. For that I am grateful.
- Demetrius: He has proved himself a skillful commander; I respect him.
- Jacqueline: In the end, I am not one to break my skull against a wall, especially when it has broken itself. You are a shattered ruin of something not very good to begin with. In the end, you will punish yourself.
- Kanna: You busy?
- Kentaro: Either grab Sumire, marry her in defiance of her father, or go off and drink yourself to death already.
- Kuonji: I should have listened to you better. I will listen now.
- Moonshade: Stupid, but well-meaning.
- Motoko: At least none of my children have butchered billions by 'accident'. HAH. And they call me a bad mother.
- Mutsumi: You are better than I. Thank you, neice.
- Naru: Very clever, granddaughter. You have my permission to jump Mutsumi.
- Nausicaa: What a waste. You should have stayed away from Typhoid Lolita...I mean, Akari.
- Shinobu Minor: I hope she is ready, but I am not so sure of it.
- Sumire: I must regretfully conclude that Nanbara is too good for you.
- Thoric: Please try to not flaunt your well-muscled body that would be suicide for me to touch.
- Vice: You never did quite get the trick, did you? But I have now.
Spouses of the UnS Generation
- Davros: He could have better taste in women, and he tends to be rather preachy and boring, but he is kind of hot.
- Kaede: I'm sorry to see him go; he was a good man.
- Lily: How do you bear it?
- Mitsune: Be patient. I can't understand why you want to be married to Motoko, but you can work through this. Just keep your head better than I do.
- Ruka: If you want a shot at my old job, I will happily give Miki my recommendation you get it, though I don't know if that would do more good than harm.
- Aburatsubo: I feel bad for him; Orien is a nice piece of ass, well worth grabbing, but I think he's straight. But good luck anyway.
- Akari: I see Lolita has gone to be the Phoenix's kept woman.
- Anya: Will I get more time added to my sentence if I beat her just a little?
- Asuka: What does Chloe see in her? I just don't get it.
- Chloe: You had...you had good reason to be angry with me. I will try to do better.
- Deirdre: Mostly useless, but less stupid than Suzuka, which does count for something.
- Hanajima: She's hiding something.
- Haru: If only Telemain could have blown him up too.
- Inigo: Hmm, not dead yet. I'm surprised. May come to something after all. Proof that genetics only go so far.
- Jewel: A pity Violet hasn't killed her yet.
- Kanako: Flushed down the commode of life and good riddance. LOSER.
- Kaname: Strike while the anvil is hot.
- Katherine: Fuyutsuki, you are a strange man.
- Kurz: Look, if you're that desperate, I am more than willing to let you into my bed. As I could use a lover right now, and even as a convicted traitor, I'm still less scummy than she is.
- Kyou: Dance, dance for Tohru, you moronic little thug.
- Makoto: I see now. It's a defense mechanism so you don't have to start the killing.
- Melissa: Sousuke's missing a good chance here.
- Minako: Stupid woman, don't you understand that if you had been there, Inigo would either be a madman or dead by now? And stay away from my baby. I want him to _live_.
- Miroku: Man, he is going to have way too much fun with that thing.
- Allen von Munchausen: He is a charming man, best avoided if you don't like living through disasters.
- Nanami Minor: Ahah!
- Nanbara: I see why Drake picked him for Sumire. He's got a mouth, but then, so do I...
- Orien: Come by and see me some time, you big hunk of a man.
- Ota Minor: Proof of the concept of 'tainted blood'.
- Random: You make it look so easy.
- Setsuna: I have few doubts the real thing would have done what the dream of him did, if the need arose. His insanity is strangely functional.
- Shigure: I am sorrowed for your house. May they recover soon.
- Shinji Minor: I sorrow for you, my boy, that you could not have been born in better circumstances. I will do my best this time, though I know it isn't very good.
- Shiori: You have always made me proud; I am sorry I have not done the same in return of late.
- Sousuke: Look. Either you and Kaname need to start doing it like weasels, or you need to be replaced with a real human being instead of a block of wood. I'm good either way, but would prefer the former. I can arrange to have someone teach you what your penis is for if that's necessary.
- Suzuka: I have now realized there is something worse than Jacqueline in the universe. It is named Suzuka and it must die. Die, die, die. If my daughter deserves to die just for plotting things, then Suzuka definitely needs to get the axe.
- Telemain: If only he could have blown up Haru as well as Nanami. Hopefully, he's doing well in the afterlife, as killing Nanami has to be worth something.
- Tohru: Hmm, sounds like she has some interesting potential. She got Kyou to toss Kagura like yesterday's laundry. Let's see who she steals next...
- Tomos: I am boggled that he managed to produce Inigo while so fucked up completely.
- Uo: I wish Miki would give you the job just so I could laugh as you failed like the dog you are.
- Violet: So much like her mother. Disturbingly so at times.
- Yomiko: Much like her father. If he got a lobotomy.
- Yuki: I hope he doesn't have to be killed; it would be a waste.
- Yurika: Just keep focused, honey.
- None currently, but she's TRYING.