Kyou, Prickly Cat of Souma
"Stand and fight me like a man!"
"He leaned angrily against a tree with a trailblazing mark hacked into it roughly at shoulder level; more such trees lead deeper into the forest behind him. His body radiated power and strength, from his strong arms to his powerful legs. They did not, however, show much signs of grace, despite his totem's reputation. He wore a brown jerkin and brown leather pants, neither tight nor loose. Red hair shone softly in the shadowed sunlight, and his sullen red eyes bored into the viewer. Dozens of unconscious mice lay on the ground all around him."
Born in 1363, he grew up Yuki's rival in House Souma. He was fostered in Olympus, mentored by Hercules from 1377-85, at which point he walked the Logrus. He then vanished into Shadow for five years, followed by going to find his Uncle Hibiki. He trained with Hibiki from 1390 to 1415 AY. He then came back, and
Yuki kicked his ass. In 1420, he became Shigure's bodyguard as ambassador to Amber. He and Uotani met in a bar and immediately beat the crap out of each other after five minutes of contact.
During the Melnibonean/Chaos? war, the Melniboneans manage to stage an uprising of the Grape Creatures of Chaos in 1423. The Grape Creatures declare Lord Momiji of House Souma the source of all evil (for no apparent reason, given he's a 5 year old), and march on House Souma, where Kyou fights the leader of the Grape Creatures to the death in a spectacular battle whose dramatic effect is ruined when Yuki arrives in response to a trump call, and asks him if he's been helping to make wine.
He continues to live at the embassy and to squabble with Nanami Minor, Yuki, and Uotani.
Personality and Aptitudes
Cranky, driven to overcome his outcast status by proving himself. He's very tough, but shy under his rough exterior.
Kyou thinks he can beat every problem to death. Well, almost every. He becomes much more subtle and intelligent when doing wilderness survival things, as he has great skill and knowledge there.
Kyou is hugely strong, hugely tough, and a very potent martial artist. He's also a shapeshifter of some skill, and has learned about as much logrus as most Chaosians ever do.
Reactions to others:
- Fuyutsuki: Crazy old coot
- Gendo: Crazy old bastard. Thankfully dead.
- Anthy: Glad to hear she made it out alive.
- King Tylor: Like Uncle Shigure, except he's in charge of something important.
- Touga: Up to something.
- Drake: How the hell could he be related to TOHRU? It's like imagining one of the Outsiders giving birth to the Serpent!
- Van: Never met him, but I hear he's pretty cool.
- Saionji: Been studying at Bumpy's Academy, no doubt.
- Eowyn: Surprised she hasn't snapped yet.
- Juri: She's a good woman; I hope things work out for her and Random and all the babies.
- Corrine: *blush*
- Makoto: Har, har, har. About as funny as having weasels chew on my leg.
- Corey: What a punk ass bitch.
- Nanami: Shoulda stayed away from Telemain.
- Miki: Better than Tylor.
- Kozue: I ain't surprised she's a traitor. Damn bitch tried to kill her brother's fiancee for no good reason once, I heard. Better give her the axe before she can try anything else.
- Utena: Damn, she's good.
- Wakaba: She's kinda nice.
- Vash: Not a big gain, but then again, I wouldn't wish the Abyss on anyone.
Spouses of the Elders
- Madoka: Shouldn't punch people she can't hurt.
- Nabiki: Not bad looking at all.
- The Red Knight: He's damn tough.
- Suu: I hear she's insane.
- Tsuwabuki: Quiet, but capable.
- Yuriko: I'd have killed Tylor by now if I was married to him.
The TAMD Generation
- Keiko: Not my problem.
- Michelle: *smoke comes out of ears*
- Mikage: Well, at least Telemain took this bastard with him when he went.
- Nagisa: So much for great minds.
- Ramon: He's a great guy.
- Shinobu Major: Good thing they caught her FAST or she'd have made a huge mess.
- Shizumaru: He oughta tell Minor that Bustie's been making fun of her.
Spouses and lovers of the TAMD Generation
- Atsuko: Michelle's mom, right?
- Damask: Makes Ayame look normal.
- Gabrielle: OWWWWW.
- Inaba: Damn.
- Rimururu: Nice enough, I guess.
The UnS Generation
- Beowulf: The man can kick some butt, it sounds like.
- Demetrius: Well, damn, he didn't die horribly. I'm surprised.
- Jacqueline: Not half as bad in person.
- Kanna: She's a bad-ass. She's cool.
- Kentaro: I'm surprised he got away.
- Kuonji: Good baker.
- Moonshade: Damn, she's tougher than Minor!
- Motoko: Kidnap Tohru again and I'll whip your fuckin' ass back to the stone age. And try to stop committing adultery. You're the Bride of the Dragon, not the Slut of the Dragon.
- Mutsumi: Kinda reminds me of a grown up Kisa.
- Naru: Nice job being a butt-toy, moron.
- Nausicaa: Well, shit.
- Shinobu Minor: Lady of Aesir, hmm? Cool.
- Sumire: Worse than Minor. And flimsier.
- Thoric: Seems to be handling things pretty well.
- Vice: She's got her act together.
Spouses of the UnS Generation
- Davros: Geez, don't you have enough women already? Gonna start on men too?
- Kaede: Bye.
- Lily: *gibber*
- Mitsune: Uncle Shigure with breasts
- Ruka: I'm pretty sure his forelock isn't a monster from Chaos, but...
- Aburatsubo: Ugh.
- Akari: Poor kid, having to see all those deaths.
- Anya: Are we sure Motoko and Davros are her parents?
- Asuka: What a cranky bitch. So much for the great general; Chloe whipped her ass.
- Chloe: She's a pretty good fighter, and a nice person.
- Deirdre: Not very smart.
- Hanajima: She seems kinda sad.
- Haru: Tough luck, huh?
- Jewel: Damn, she has it bad for Kurz.
- Kagura: Damn. Well, umm...sorry.
- Kanako: Geez, and I thought she was stupid, but Suzuka beat her hands down.
- Kaname: She's kind of good looking, but that temper...I don't like people with tempers.
- Kurz: He's a decent guy, but thinks about sex too much.
- Makoto: Not too bad, but kind of butch.
- Melissa: I hope she's going to be okay.
- Minako: Looking better by comparison.
- Miroku: I think this makes up for the excessive macking.
- Allen von Munchausen: I knew he was insane.
- Nanami Minor: I WON! I WON! BOO-YAH! Damn, I won. She kept her promise without me even asking, too.
- Nanbara: What a wiggly freak.
- Ota Minor: Moron.
- Orien: He's an okay guy.
- Random: She's awfully flirty, but pretty nice.
- Setsuna: I bet his other parent is Munchausen.
- Shigure: You sure you want to date someone completely insane, uncle?
- Shiori: Made it back alive; was nice to have her visit.
- Sousuke: I hope his family will be okay.
- Suzuka: Man, something about Motoko + Loewen = Stupid.
- Telemain: Even I know that Trump + Logrus means disaster.
- Tohru: She's my...She...I...She's my...my lady.
- Tomos: Are you sure going into combat pregnant is wise?
- Uo: Gonna have to beat her too to be King of the Mountain.
- Violet: She'd make a better ambassador than Shigure does. Now she'll get to prove it.
- Yomiko: Damn, the more I hear, the stupider she sounds.
- Yuki: HAH! I WON!!!!
Not exactly an ITEM, but Kyou is noted for turning into a giant half-human / half-cat when he has to get into a deadly fight.
Like the other Soumas, he is rather twitchy about this Wind Dragon, which apparently helped curse his family...
Kyou recently beat Minor in a duel and seems on top of the world. He's beatn Yuki and is now apparently dating Tohru.
He has since helped to save the Logrus, beat down Mirielle, and helped to find Kisa.