Makoto Minor, Romantic Iron Chef
"I think there's some wine which some naughty person spilled into my cleavage, oh my. Something will have to be done."
"Hard at work in the kitchen, she wore an apron which proclaimed 'Kiss the Cook' in huge red letters over a green blouse and a knee-length green skirt. Half-a -dozen things cooked at once, as she stirred one pot with a spatula in her left hand, sliced carrots with a huge knife held in her other hand, and watched a third one simmer. A ring carved from a single block of jade, showing a turtle swallowing its own tail, glimmered on her right hand. Smoke rose everywhere, but it could not obscure her well muscled arms and legs, or her auburn hair, pulled back and tied into a long ponytail by a hairband and two small emerald spheres. She was enraptured in her work. Awards hung on the wall, along with two naginatas, a pick-axe, a double-bladed axe, three crossbows, and a chainsaw. There was a window next to the naginatas, through which one could see a forest; a potted fern sat in the window."
Born in 1334, Makoto grew up in Castle Arcadia, where she loved to spar with her father, cook with her mother, and have fun with her other mother, Jacqui. She gained her wood powers from one of Dr. Jacqueline's experiments, and soon came to love experimenting with them. After attending the 1348 Iron Chef competition in Ankh-Morpork, she decided she wanted to train as an Iron Chef. She spent the next twelve years studying under the Iron Chefs, wandering and travelling.
She then served in her father's armies during the Blue Turban war with distinction, though wood powers aren't so good in a desert. She also further trained in fighting with her father, who taught her how to fight like a cat on crack.
After the war ended, she went to Uberwald for a decade (1372-1382), then went to Yig and studied with Ex-Wu-Corrine for twenty years (1382-1402). During this time, she helped Beowulf create the Wood Spikard.
She then dated King Dios for a year; he became her standard of manliness.
She served during the Communist Invasion, punching out Harpo Marx personally.
Makoto served in the War to End all Wars, where she raised an army of werewolves into the conflict by beating up all their pack leaders and becoming Queen of the Werewolves.
She then signed on as Assistant Warden of Uberwald (1424). She continues to rule the werewolves of Uberwald, who have come to see her as an avatar of the forest gods.
From 1427-30, she visited the Amberverse.
In 1430, Miroku and Makoto Minor date for a few months, until she dumps him because 'He doesn't have a cool car like Dios-sama did'. Or something. (Certain rumors claim that there was some sort of unfortunate encounter with Hanajima, in which she asked Miroku if he'd come up to Uotani's standards yet and told
Makoto all about his past dealings with various of the family.)
Personality and Aptitudes
Makoto is a cook supreme; she just loves it. Her fighting style involves a combination of street brawling, dirty fighting, and cooking utensils, with her wood powers thrown in at the same time. She is very strong, though she can't match Kyou, Uotani, or Nanami for raw strength.
She is a fairly potent wood elementalist, which combined with her spikard, can be quite vicious.
Makoto is a born romantic, and chases after men as if there was some danger they'll cease to exist if she doesn't get them NOW. She can be quite relentless at this. She also tends to compare every man to her 'lost love king', her old boyfriend, King Dios of Chaos. They generally don't measure up. It doesn't help that growing up in Castle Arcadia gave her some strange views on relationships, though not half so insane as Minako's.
Makoto gets on fairly well with her parents, is close to her Uncle Van, and squabbles with Saionji a lot. During her visit to Amber, she and Moonshade got along well.
Reactions to others:
- Fuyutsuki: Man, what a huge mess.
- Gendo: Sounds like he was a worthless bastard.
- Anthy: Sometimes, it's good to be wrong.
- King Tylor: Good for a party, but not half as good a King as Dad.
- Touga: Yep, I was right.
- Drake: Needs a few therapy sessions with my fists.
- Van: Damn, he's cool.
- Saionji: I think hanging the imprint of Random's face on the wall is overdoing it.
- Eowyn: Too flighty.
- Juri: I'm glad she's on our side.
- Corrine: Almost as good a Queen as Mom.
- Makoto: Not surprised at all.
- Corey: I can't see why Edith doesn't toss him in the gutter.
- Nanami: All the brains in the world can't save you from other people's stupidity. This is why I have to beat sense into my siblings on a regular basis, so I won't DIE from their clever plans.
- Miki: Sucks to be him, lately.
- Kozue: This is going to end hideously. I can smell it.
- Utena: I hope she's feeling better.
- Wakaba: I was right.
- Vash: I'm kind of surprised...is being a comedian part of the Castellan's job?
Spouses of the Elders
- Madoka: I hope Grandma feels better soon. She's had too much shit laid on her.
- Nabiki: Dresses well.
- The Red Knight: Pretty hunky guy.
- Suu: I am not surprised.
- Tsuwabuki: Not as good as Dad or King Dios, but a pretty good general and decent guy.
- Yuriko: The reason Amber hasn't collapsed.
The TAMD Generation
- Keiko: I thoroughly approve of how she's been buffing up. Ya gotta take care of your body.
- Michelle: Her boys know how to treat a lady right.
- Mikage: Bastard had it coming.
- Ramon: Too bad he's married; he's almost as cute as King Dios.
- Shinobu Major: Traitor and Whiner. Twice the annoyance for half the cost. Best she be executed, as she'll just try again if she's allowed to live.
- Shizumaru: I hope his luck will turn around; he deserves some good luck.
Spouses and lovers of the TAMD Generation
- Atsuko: Her boys know how to treat a lady right.
- Damask: Mmmmmmm.
- Gabrielle: Wood's still a better element, so nyaaah!
- Inaba: Another traitor. Time to clear out the dead wood.
- Rimururu: Hmm, intereresting. I'd be curious to see how's she acting now.
The UnS Generation
- Beowulf: Man, what a badass.
- Demetrius: Huh.
- Jacqueline: I wish I could have known her before she split into pieces.
- Kanna: Another woman I try to model myself on.
- Kentaro: Arrogant bastard. Wouldn't have been a big loss if he died.
- Kuonji: I hope he's alright.
- Moonshade: Man, sounds like she's been kicking some ass.
- Motoko: It never rains but it pours.
- Mutsumi: Mama! Mama and I don't have a lot in common, but I love her very much, and I think she's the best Queen that ever was.
- Naru: Hah! You should have kicked her in the face, too!
- Nausicaa: I'm sorry to see her gone.
- Shinobu Minor: Hmm, Lady Shinobu of Aesir. Has a nice ring to it.
- Sumire: Kentaro with breasts. And more of a brain, apparently.
- Thoric: Papa! The second best king in the universe (I have to admit King Dios is more impressive). Mama made me smart, and Papa made me strong. Time for you to marry Motoko, Daddy, or this will just happen again.
- Vice: Starting to look a lot better by comparison.
Spouses of the UnS Generation
- Davros: I never realized you had a thing for Dad.
- Kaede: Fare well in the Dreaming, Kaede.
- Lily: Damn smart, but dresses in a way a married woman probably shouldn't.
- Mitsune: She's a ton of fun, until she gets you in trouble.
- Ruka: Decent enough guy.
- Aburatsubo: Hmm, wonder if the rumors about him and Orien are true...
- Akari: Well, well. Hmmm.
- Anya: I hear she's got a big mouth.
- Asuka: I wonder if the rumors are true.
- Chloe: Poor woman. I feel bad for her, being stuck in the middle like that.
- Deirdre: A goddess, eh? Interesting. Goddess of what?
- Hanajima: A very intelligent and lovely woman, who I have become rather impressed with.
- Haru: I see delving into Pattern Lore makes one very potently boring. And a BIG LOSER.
- Inigo: He's a good kid; I can't blame him for being pissed.
- Jewel: You can do better than Kurz, Jewel.
- Kanako: Well shit. She deserved better than that.
- Kaname: It's ABOUT TIME.
- Kurz: Not surprised he was off doing his girlfriend in a crisis.
- Kyou: Hmm, I suppose with Tohru to do the thinking for him and him to do the butt-kicking...yes, that should work well.
- Minako: It all just breaks around you. *sighs*
- Melissa: I'm glad she's alright. No thanks to Kurz, who went off a-screwing while she was in danger.
- Miroku: Like you have any room to talk.
- Allen von Munchausen: Mmmm, hunky. Almost as cute as Dios. Rather more insane than Dios.
- Nanami Minor: Mmm, mmm, good. Thank you. I _needed_ that. Mmm, hot.
- Nanbara: I think he and Minako were _made_ for each other.
- Orien: Mmm, hunky. Almost as hunky as Dios. I wonder if he's doing Aburatsubo. Probably. Anyone with the chance would.
- Ota: My dear brother. He's very focused, like a lightningbolt. And about as smart, unfortunately.
- Random: She really keeps busy lately.
- Setsuna: My brother, after a lobotomy.
- Shigure: Not very interesting.
- Shiori: She seems to get all the Abyss jobs lately.
- Sousuke: Nice job, Sousuke. He's a good guy to have on your side.
- Suzuka: Apparently, she became solid by absorbing all the stupidity in the universe. I suspect one blow from my gloves and she'd evaporate, being made of nothing but pure idiocy.
- Telemain: What a waste of a cute guy. I'll miss you, Telemain.
- Tohru: Just remember to keep a tight rein on your man, Tohru, so he can't do anything too stupid.
- Tomos: Well, shit. I hope we aren't about to lose him.
- Uo: Don't make me throw down with you.
- Violet: A good friend, but I always feel she's hiding something.
- Yomiko: I hope things work out better for her now.
- Yuki: Thank you, Yuki. I am very grateful, and feel much better now. Mmm, hot.
- Yurika: I hope she's keeping her nose clean. She's fun to be around, but...well, not so bad as my siblings, really.
She carries Woodrow, the Turtle Spikard of Wood
She spent some time acting as Regent of Arcadia in the absence of her parents and Minako. She is now just generally helping out.
She went on a long mission to Uberwald with Akari and Nanami Minor with great success.
She has become the first member of House Arcadia to have an on-screen threesome...