King of Rebma
- Threefold the oracles of water are
- to him belongs the grace of the peaceful ocean
- to him belongs the music of the crashing waves
- gently, he moves, the sea at peace
- He sings with open heart
- he walks with open mind
- he sees with open eyes
- and music follows him
- --From the Prophecies of the Serpent
Perhaps no one is more surprised than Miki himself that he is now King of Rebma and has been for a century. Miki is a gentle musician and diplomat, who has never been very ambitious, though he has dedicated himself to Amber and Rebma's service all his life. But when Lucien fell, he took up the Crown and has ruled Rebma well this last century. Miki shares his burdens with his beloved wife Madoka; she handles the administrative work while he deals with diplomatic and political issues.
Miki is probably one of the most popular members of the royal family. He is a little shy, but is friendly and kind, loyal to his family and friends, and very creative. He has a definite knack for gently guiding people the direction he wants them to go and for diplomacy and negotiation.
Miki has had a tangled love life. His first love was his half-sister Juri, with whom he had a few brief flings and a long period of desire repressed to avoid Gendo turning them both into kibble. But at the same time, his sister Kozue has long loved him, and they have had two children together, one the result of manipulation by Annadil (Nagisa), the second due to a post-victory Orgy when Kozue, Madoka, and Juri of Avalon saved him from the sway of Yog-Sothoth during the Annadil Crisis. This orgy produced Yurika. Despite this orgy, he went on to just marry Madoka, and they have had two daughters, Mutsumi and Kaname. The disastrous Night of the Pentet resulted in him impregnating Juri and Random while under the control of a Ghost-Taylor. He has had a daughter, Haruka Minimus, by Juri and a son, Nemo, by Random. He seems to hope to be a father figure to them, which may cause trouble with Madoka.
Miki and Madoka's relationship has been stormy of late, as the disastrous Night of the Pentet seems to have made Madoka's various fears of Miki's ties to his old loves a lot more volatile. It remains unclear whether he will be able to negotiate this stormy sea.
Miki was long the foremost Trump Master of the family; Corrine and Mutsumi now challenge this position, but he remains one of the very best. He is known to have done much research into the use of music as a medium for trumps, and once built a now-destroyed Trump Conservatory.
In addition, Miki is a very talented diplomat and negotiator, he is a swordsman of fair skill, a general of fair skill, and a very brilliant musician. His mind is fairly potent and he is known to have delved into advanced arts of the Pattern as well.
Miki through the Campaigns
Miki spent many years as Master of the Revels, then after the Annadil Crisis, become of one of Amber's main diplomats, rising to the position of head of the Diplomatic service. He has since become the King of Rebma.
Miki now possesses the patternblade Withywindle after a complex series of events detailed in Motoko's entry.
Shortly before the Annadil Crisis, Miki became engaged to his long time love, Madoka, the Court Bard. This resulted in a rose duel between Madoka and Kozue during which Kozue lost her hand and an attack by the Embrans effectively began the Annadil Crisis. Kozue, having lost the duel, went into exile. During the Annadil Crisis, Miki was captured during a scouting mission to the Keep of the Five Worlds led by Princess Hiko, along with Greyswandir, loaned him by his brother, Derith. He was rescued by some sort of experiment which flooded the castle, but also resulted in reconciliation between Miki and his sister Kozue. An orgy ensued with Juri of Avalon, Kozue, Miki, and Madoka, which produced his daughter, Yurika.
During the Herald Crisis, Miki engineered alliance with the Courts of Chaos, culminating in the joint Amber/Chaos? alliance against the Serpent's Horn and the Chaos Expedition on the Day of the Dead. Emerging triumphant from this, he was then called upon by the remaining leaders of the Rebmans to become King of Rebma. He reluctantly agreed only after Juri offered to serve as his Marshal.
Miki seems very depressed due to the joint effects of his beloved sister being a traitor and his recent problems with Nemuro Hall.
Reactions to others:
- Fuyutsuki: You are not in the best of positions to give lectures on sexual morality, Grandfather.
- Gendo: I gain a greater understanding of the difficulties of your position as time passes.
- Anthy: A good woman and a source of much wisdom.
- King Tylor: Children are a blessing, brother. I am sure you will do well.
- Touga: Careful, Brother. You always think you know what you are doing, which is how you ended up in a bottle, remember?
- Drake: Forcing your children into a marriage only leads to disaster, brother.
- Van: There is always a need for heroes.
- Eowyn: This storm will pass.
- Juri: I don't know what to do either, sister.
- Corrine: I am very proud of my sister.
- Makoto: Time to step forward.
- Corey: In the end, Corey means well. Sort of.
- Nanami: I miss you greatly, sister.
- Kozue: We will see. Good luck, Sister.
- Derith: I mourn you still, Brother.
- Utena: Can you not let go now?
- Wakaba: It would be wise to end your feud with Coral.
- Vash: A good man, kind and gentle.
Spouses of the Elders
- Yuriko: An admirable spouse for Tylor and a good queen.
- Suu: Oh dear.
- The Red Knight: I know, I know, I should have known better than to ask you to go boating.
- Nabiki: Intelligent and skillful and able to keep Drake in line. I didn't think ANYTHING could keep Drake in line.
- Tsuwabuki: Few things are worse than to lose one you have loved.
- Madoka: I am sorry, my love. I know you don't like it, but I can't abandon them.
The TAMD Generation
- Keiko: An elegant woman of refinement.
- Michelle: There are better ways to cope with trauma.
- Mikage: I wish it had not ended that way. He deserved better.
- Nagisa: I love my son dearly.
- Ramon: The gentle giant of Amber.
- Shinobu Major: The end draws near; I wish it did not have to be so.
- Shizumaru: The wheel always turns in time, nephew.
Spouses and lovers of the TAMD Generation
- Damask: No, you may not have a sample of my blood.
- Atsuko: Have some discretion.
- Gabrielle: Why didn't you notice?
- Inaba: I am surprised.
- Rimururu: She has been pressed greatly; I hope she does not break.
The UnS Generation
- Beowulf: Amber has few better or wiser princes.
- Demetrius: He knows the Abyss so we don't have to.
- Jacqueline: The will of the gods often baffles me.
- Kanna: Are you busy?
- Kentaro: I am not impressed.
- Kuonji: Sometimes brilliant, sometimes not half so brilliant as she thinks.
- Moonshade: She should sing more often.
- Motoko: I am in no good position to pass judgement. But I give you my condolences.
- Mutsumi: I am very proud of my daughter.
- Naru: Very wise of you.
- Nausicaa: Life was but a dream from which she woke.
- Shinobu Minor: I hope she will do well. She is more hero than leader, I fear.
- Sumire: Going head to head with Drake has never been the way to beat him, Sumire.
- Thoric: Well, I can at least say I haven't ended up pregnant.
- Vice: A wolf on a leash is still a wolf.
Spouses of the UnS Generation
- Davros: A wise and good man.
- Kaede: A pity.
- Lily: A woman of keen intellect and poor choice of clothing.
- Mitsune: Jokes lose their humor when they drag on too long.
- Ruka: Hmmm...
- Aburatsubo: I am sorry for you and your kin, Aburatsubo.
- Akari: I think things are looking up for her.
- Anya: Very much the child as of yet.
- Asuka: Forgiveness is a virtue, Asuka.
- Chloe: Chloe seems to move from strength to strength. I am proud of her.
- Deirdre: Following the stupidity of others is never a good idea, Deirdre.
- Hanajima: She reminds me of Mikage.
- Haru: I know how you feel, Haru.
- Jewel: She has overcome her upbringing, I think.
- Kanako: I am sorry we could not help her in time.
- Kaname: There does come a time, daughter, when you must push a little and not wait on events. Nevertheless, I am very proud of you.
- Katherine: Seems to be showing the trust placed in her was well placed.
- Kurz: Good luck with Jewel; I think you are what she needs.
- Kyou: The cat came back, I see.
- Makoto: She is a hard-working granddaughter, of whom I am quite proud.
- Martin: His analysis of the middle Capetians was quite well done.
- Melissa: I am glad to see she is alright.
- Minako: She has lost her crown of stupidity; I hope that she will finally atone for the errors she has made.
- Miroku: I fear what he may do with his new power.
- Allen von Munchausen: You are very lucky to be alive and not a mangled, twisted corpse in a dumpster.
- Nanami Minor: We have never been close, but I respect her use of her skills in Amber's service, and I am impressed by her skills. I think she will use Greyswandir wisely.
- Nanbara: People change; I suppose I should expect it most of all of Chaosians.
- Orien: Helgram will not forget what you have done for them, Orien. Loewen is a harsh man, but he remembers services rendered.
- Ota Minor: Should cut down on the caffiene.
- Random: You're right. Oh, what a mess.
- Setsuna: Highly erudite and sophisticated stupidity is just as bad as the raw kind. Perhaps worse.
- Shigure: I fear he may lose some of his joy from this.
- Shiori: Hmm...
- Sousuke: Your strength and loyalty is commendable; I'm sure your father must be proud of you.
- Susanna: Welcome to the family.
- Suzuka: You have dug a deep well and thrown yourself into it. But persevere, and eventually, you will be able to atone.
- Telemain: One mistake should not negate a lifetime of intelligence in people's memories. Large as it was.
- Tohru: She is a kind and gentle woman; I can only hope she rubs off on Drake a little.
- Tomos: I was afraid of this.
- Uo: I hope the reports of her reconcilliation with Nanami Minor are true; their feud was always a stupid waste.
- Violet: A woman of discretion and grace.
- Yomiko: Should have known better.
- Yuki: Still not my son, but I wish him well with Nanami Minor.
- Yurika: Stay away from your sister's boyfriend, Yurika. There are plenty of other fish in the sea.
- [Madoka, Queen of Rebma]?