Minako, Would-Be Cupid
"Makoto needed to beat more sense into me, more often."
"A young couple made out on a bed as she hovered in the air above them, trailing long white fluffy wings and holding a long wand tipped with a red heart. She smiled down benevolently upon them, her blue eyes shining with satisfaction at a job well done. There was a quiver slung on her back, and a bow slung over her right shoulder. Dressed in a beautiful blue dress, she wore a ring carven from a huge diamond and depicting a perky turtle, his legs all spread wide, on her left hand. A coral and sapphire tiara graced her brow. In the distance behind her, a mushroom cloud erupted, and a shockwave rushed towards her; she did not notice it."
Born in 1333, Minako was raised to be a potent magi. She hopes to eventually learn trump, but just hasn't had time. She attended Unseen University after 1348, getting in lots of trouble for doing things like summoning Death with the Rite of AshKente? in order to try to hook him up on dates.
Eventually, Minako graduated, and spent a while running around getting into trouble. When the Blue Turban War broke out, she joined up and helped her Uncle Saionji do battle against the Blue Turbans, where she met Nanami Minor. She decided that she definitely needs to find a way to perk Nanami Minor up. Minako annhilates both fleets at the battle of Minako's Folly in 1365; she gets heavily chewed out by Saionji.
1372-1400 AY: Beowulf goes to Arcadia, and works with Thoric, Mutsumi, Jacqui, Dr. Jacqueline, Minako, and the Bride of the Jewel in forging the Turtle
1385 AY: Minako defuses a fight which threatens to destroy most of Continent XXXX, when she suggests a compromise name for the Turtle Spikard of Creation (Dr. Jacqueline wants to name it 'Fuyutsuki-Slayer #57', the Bride of the Jewel wants to name it Curuya, Mutsumi wants to name it Alphonse, and Beowulf just wanted out of the giant Emerald he'd been trapped in in the first few seconds). The spikard is dubbed 'Bill' after Bill Vincent, famous artificer and weapons maker.
In 1400 AY, Minako is appointed Regent of Aidacra, home of the Water Pattern of Arcadia. She settles down in the city (which she has been known to refer to as her 'Love Shack'), and begins importing everything she thinks is cool.
1403 AY: Minako arranges for N'Stylite: Generation 4 to cross over into Arcadia. They perform a sold-out concert in Aidacra, then go to Ankh-Morpork, where, due to an unfortunate incident at the Broken Drum, the city panicks and assumes they're the first wave of an invasion from Uberwald. Massive rioting ensues, made worse by Ota Minor shooting several members of the band with Whalekiller, Mark III, before someone finally tells him what's going on. Minako gets mad and imposes a trade embargo on Ankh-Morpork and begins sinking Ankh-Morporkian ships. All-out war almost erupts before Makoto Minor performs emergency brain surgery on Minako with her fists. Minako calms down and the situation is defused.
1425-9 AY: Minako places her regency in the hands of a lieutenant and heads to Amber to actually meet all of her relatives.
Minako continues to act as Regent and as general love meddler woman.
Personality and Aptitudes
Minako believes in love. Believes it can cure all ills, solve all problems, fix EVERYTHING. Thermonuclear attack spells are method of choice #2. If that doesn't work, run away and figure out another plan.
Minako has a very potent mind, and has delved deep into the mysteries of the Pattern and the powers of sorcery; she is known to be an advanced Pattern Sorceror. Backed by her spikard, she is capable of hideously potent, though often rather crude and clumsy effects.
In conjunction with Deirdre, she becomes even more herself; it is the goal of most members of the family to keep them away from each other for the good of mankind.
Minako has served quite well as Regent of Aidacra, being vivacious, social, and capable of complete obsession when necessary. She's not so good at the paperwork.
She has an immense appetite for music, and the delusion that she can sing well.
She drives her parents nuts, but they love her deeply, and give her more responsibility and power than is likely wise.
She is known to greatly like the Quartet, but drives them all insane to a greater or lesser degree. She also sets Drake, Shinobu Major, Kozue, Eowyn, Mikage, Nanami, and Touga on edge. Beowulf and Corrine and Wakaba all adore her.
Lord Loewen fears her.
Reactions to others:
- Fuyutsuki: He made love part of the fundamental structure of things.
- Gendo: King Gendo had to make many hard decisions, but made too many of them in order to be hard.
- Anthy: Great job, Many-Greats-Grandmother.
- King Tylor: He's a great king who knows how to relax.
- Touga: I'm sure he'll be a good uncle to Azalyn.
- Drake: I'll find a way to make it up to him.
- Van: Tread lightly, uncle. I don't want to see you get hurt.
- Saionji: I'll be careful, uncle.
- Eowyn: I'm sorry I couldn't save him, Aunt Eowyn!
- Juri: I think things are looking up for her.
- Corrine: A good woman, who has overcome past sorrow to gain present strength.
- Makoto: We all make mistakes; he'll bounce back.
- Corey: No one seems to realize that he and Edith have exactly the kind of relationship they both want. They'd have broken up by now if they didn't. I hope this paternity suit doesn't mess things up for them.
- Nanami: I swear this wasn't my fault! I'm sorry Uncle Tsuwabuki. I would have saved her if I could.
- Miki: Just do your best, Grandfather. Be there for them when you can.
- Kozue: I have my eye on you, Kozue. Don't even THINK about it.
- Utena: Wow, she might be good enough to beat Papa in a fight!
- Wakaba: Auntie Wakaba is a lot of fun to hang out with.
- Vash: See? I was right!
Spouses of the Elders
- Madoka: I hope this doesn't hurt her and Miki's marriage too much.
- Nabiki: Anyone who can make Drake get soft and affectionate is clearly a very good woman.
- The Red Knight: Daaaamn, he's hot.
- Suu: Take good care of Azalyn, okay?
- Tsuwabuki: He's a nice guy and a great general.
- Yuriko: She needs desperately to relax. But she's a good, hard-working queen.
The TAMD Generation
- Keiko: Now I know why she broke my nose.
- Michelle: Grandma is great.
- Mikage: Farewell, Uncle. You fought to create the world in which I was born, and you died fighting to defend your family. I will miss you, and I know Eowyn will miss you too.
- Nagisa: Poor Nagisa.
- Ramon: He's actually stronger than Dad! I could hardly believe it!
- Shinobu Major: Stupid, stupid woman, throwing it all away for nothing when she had to know she would be caught and destroyed for it.
- Shizumaru: He just doesn't listen.
Spouses and lovers of the TAMD Generation
- Atsuko: She's a big sweetie.
- Damask: A ton of fun.
- Gabrielle: Should have taken better care of her husband.
- Inaba: *Sigh*
- Rimururu: I know the signs. She's going to snap, and someone needs to do something about it _now_.
The UnS Generation
- Beowulf: He's a really nice guy, whose helped us a lot, and gave me my Spikard! *hug* Thanks, Uncle Beowulf!
- Demetrius: He did a great job, I hear.
- Jacqueline: I love you, Mama! In all your bodies!
- Kanna: One big sexy mountain of whoopass. I'm no warrior, but if I was, I hope I'd be half as cool as her.
- Kentaro: You should have defied the family and married Sumire! Now it's too late and you're going to lose her to Nanbara! I hope you get better soon!
- Kuonji: One big huggable fluffy.
- Moonshade: She's a great woman, and a good momma to Deirdre.
- Motoko: I hope that she and Father will be able to be together one day, along with everyone else. They love each other, and little Alexander will need both his parents.
- Mutsumi: I know, Mama, I know. I'll be careful.
- Naru: Poor woman.
- Nausicaa: We'll miss you.
- Shinobu Minor: I can see why Mama loved her.
- Sumire: Hmmm....
- Thoric: I love Papa very much, and I hope he and Mama and Mama will be married and happy forever. I'm sorry for all the trouble I've cause you, Papa. And I hope you and Motoko will be happy together too. Alexander needs both of you.
- Vice: After what she did to Jacqui-mama, she shouldn't be part of the family. But if she is, she and Mature need to honestly get married.
Spouses of the UnS Generation
- Davros: He's such a cute love monk! He needs to be honest and join up with Kundali, since he serves Him nightly anyway.
- Kaede: Farewell, Kaede.
- Lily: Mutsumi-mama and Thoric-Papa got mad at me when I tried dressing like her. I can see why, now.
- Mitsune: I like Mitsune a whole lot.
- Ruka: It suddenly strikes me that I really don't know him at all.
- Aburatsubo: I like him a lot; I hope he finds a new boyfriend.
- Akari: She has done a lot for me and I am very grateful.
- Anya: She's nice, although she looks kinda like Nanami was her Mom instead of Aunt Motoko. *beat* Hmmm....
- Asuka: Someone needs to get laid more often.
- Chloe: Oooh, cute!
- Deirdre: My soul-sister! Who I got into way too much trouble.
- Hanajima: A very good woman.
- Haru: Poor man.
- Inigo: He's a good boy, but needs to loosen up.
- Jewel: I think she and Kurz will be very happy.
- Kanako: I swear I didn't do it!
- Kaname: She's a pal.
- Katherine: I can't say I know much of her, but I guess Tylor must trust her.
- Kurz: You don't need Super Logrus Powers when you have his butt.
- Kyou: I think he and Tohru have a bright future together.
- Makoto Minor: My sister. I love her dearly, even when she's thinking she's better than the rest of us.
- Melissa: She understands.
- Miroku: Sexy, wise, kind, I love him greatly.
- Allen von Munchausen: He's a dear.
- Nanami Minor: I am glad that things have finally turned around for her. And that she has the cute boyfriend she's always needed, even if this means no Minor-Uotani Love-Love.
- Nanbara: I am still not convinced.
- Orien: Mmm, hunky.
- Ota Minor: My dear brother. We can wreck infinite havoc together.
- Random: My dear sister, who I love more than life. A little bossy sometimes, but I think she gets it from Juri. Make Juri happy, okay?
- Setsuna: More fun than a barrel of cookies.
- Shigure: He's a very good friend and a kind man who deserves better. And lots of fun.
- Shiori: Smart, brave, fun, beautiful.
- Sousuke: You'd have less trouble if you had more sex.
- Suzuka: I will help you get out of the pit as best I can, my friend.
- Telemain: Dammit, I could have saved you if my Spikard worked in your universe! What a gyp!
- Tohru: I wish her and Kyou well.
- Tomos: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Uo: Good luck with Miroku; he's a good man, Uo-chan.
- Violet: Better share those secrets now, so I don't have to tickle them out of you!
- Yomiko: She's a sweetie, although she has to learn that too much reading rots the brain.
- Yuki: His love is stronger than I had ever realized.
She carries Wendy, the Turtle Spikard of Wind
She now has a contract with Death tattooed on her back. And she's been seen with Deirdre. BE AFRAID.
Having launched a failed attack on the Helgram-Catala ball in the cause of true love, she was remanded by Drake to her parents, who failed to keep a very good hold on her, and now she's running loose to Leng with Suzuka.
Shortly after her Leng trip, Minako spent some time in fast-time with friends and family and underwent a purification rite by Akari at the hands of the Phoenix, the exact results of which remain unknown.
She has since assisted in the defeat of the Child Clad in Night.
Minako is currently riding herd over Kozue.