Miroku, Love Monk
"I have a feeling I'm going to start being confused beyond measure very soon."
"He strode purposefully across a desert, clad in heavy green and silver and black robes which hid everything but his sandalled feet, bare hands and his face. In his right hand, he held a long wooden staff, about the top of which, two serpents intertwined. His left hand was bandaged, and held prayer beads. Wherever he stepped, flowers and grass sprouted from the sand. Far behind him, you could see a huge crowd of people following him; it could not be told if they were fans or an angry mob. But he never looked back. His eyes were dark and serious, while his mouth smiled brightly. Tanned of skin, he was not particularly handsome or ugly, though his strong romanesque nose would stick with a viewer. The effect was, however, somewhat ruined by the very obvious copy of Playboy sticking out of one of his pockets."
Born in 1332 at the Summer Rites which brought about the rebirth of the World of the Dead, Miroku was raised largely in Chaos at the Embassy. Having Deirdre, Kanako, and Nanbara as siblings kept him hopping. Miroku combined a great sense of piety with a vivid imagination, a big mouth, and a knack for getting in trouble. He befriended Lord Atleby of Alars in his youth, attracted by the man's talent for making up fascinating stories. He also had a talent for sorcery, which led his parents to send him off to the Great School of Magic when he turned fourteen, along with his sister, Deirdre (1346). He graduated eight years later, in 1354. After taking the Logrus, in part out of a sense of competition with his sister, and in part possibly due to lingering Logrus insanity, he became a stylite for some six years before learning his sister had skipped out on him three years earlier without letting him know. He tried to continue in the hopes of eventually gaining a harem like his father, but after four more years, he gave up.
He joined the Priesthood of Kundali, and spent the next thirty years (1364-1394) in training, then in serving the cult, eventually being appointed as one of High Priest Rural's assistants. Random and Miroku begin seeing each other off and on in 1375 AY. He served the High Priest until 1400, then decided he wanted to go see the Amber side of things. In part this was because he was discovered in bed with Lord Darios' wife and had to run for his life.
There, he began studying under Yumi, Seta, Travis, and Franich, studying the history and lore of Amber, and putting his talents to work assisting some of Franich's expeditions. He wrote several philosophical Kundali treatises, making a name for himself. In 1403 AY, after a year of watching Miroku mack on women, Captain Special Agent Uotani tells him to put up or shut up. A massive lovemaking session follows, at the end of which, Miroku passes out while she's just getting going. He is seen for weeks, begging her for another shot, but she tells him to come back when he can go the distance. 1413 AY: Captain Special Agent Uotani gives Miroku another chance. This time when he wears out, she wraps him in a package and leaves him in front of Bumpy's with a note that says 'Please Help This Man Learn How To Last In Bed'. He later stole Corey's girlfriend, leading him to flee into shadow in the year 1418.
For years, he then dropped out of sight, but resurfaced in the mid 1420s, wandering about and getting into trouble. He dated Makoto Minor briefly, but she dumped him.
Personality and Aptitudes
Miroku likes sex A LOT. He mostly prefers women, but has been known to date men too. He is usually capable of controlling himself if he needs to, but it sometimes gets him into trouble. Miroku is a very pious man. He loves the Serpent, and wants to do the Serpent's will. It's just that his view of the Serpent's will involves a lot of love and passion and sex and other things many others often don't associate with religion. He has great respect for anyone who has religious beliefs and holds to them, though this won't stop him trying to convert them. Miroku frequently quotes scripture, and only rarely invents scriptures to get nookie.
Miroku is generally very friendly and sociable. While he has a pronounced intellectual streak, it only comes out when he's with other intellectuals. The rest of the time, he tends to project either a party boy or a holy man persona, depending on what's appropriate. Miroku likes to do things for fun, and enjoys most sports, especially skiing, swimming, and basketball.
Miroku solves problems non-violently if he can, prefering to trick his foes into destroying themselves. He loves tricking people, probably too much for his own
Reactions to others:
- Fuyutsuki: The fact that the founder of Amber has gotten some harem action ought to be a signpost for everyone.
- Gendo: He would have made a great Kundali adept.
- Anthy: I am glad to see her back.
- King Tylor: Risky, but you are a gambler.
- Touga: Just remember that she will grow up, and if you are wise, you will always keep that in mind.
- Drake: SUPER BLOSSOM TRIO!!!! See, it works just like a cross on vampires.
- Van: A great hero who needs to rescue a fair princess and finally get laid.
- Saionji: She has potential, but is still a fixer-upper, Uncle.
- Eowyn: Yes, children can be quite interesting. This is why I don't have any.
- Juri: It ain't easy, is it?
- Corrine: I always forget your world was different.
- Makoto: ...
- Corey: I smell trouble brewing.
- Nanami: I wish I could have saved you, Great-Grandma, but it just all happened too fast. Shit.
- Miki: I understand.
- Kozue: We shall see if she can change her ways.
- Utena: I sense something, yet what?
- Wakaba: You should just go ahead and take Rinaldo and keep him, and let Coral go cry in the corner.
- Vash: Okay, I was wrong.
Spouses of the Elders
- Madoka: If Miki didn't really love you, he'd be in Juri and Random's bed right now, wouldn't he? Trust him, and you'll be happier.
- Nabiki: Damn, she looks good naked. (pause) Don't ask me how I know that.
- The Red Knight: Luckier than the Green Knight.
- Suu: I am glad she survived.
- Tsuwabuki: I envy you soooooo much.
- Yuriko: You'd think the woman wasn't getting laid, but I can assure you she is. Very strange. Makes me scared to think of what she'd be like if she was celibate.
The TAMD Generation
- Keiko: She and Grandpa Ramon need a harem too. House Belgalad ought to be known as the Harem House. She taught me a lot, some of it she probably didn't intend to. Whenever I'm a woman, she's my model.
- Michelle: The perfect woman.
- Mikage: I'm sorry, Prince Mikage. You always served Amber well; I hope we will remember you that way.
- Ramon: He and Grandma Keiko need a harem too. House Belgalad ought to be known as the Harem House. I'll never be as strong as him, but...Hmm, maybe I can get him to give me some lessons on how to get more stamina...
- Shinobu Major: Ahh, I see your backup plan was to use a construct built by a suicidal maniac. Very clever.
- Shizumaru: Hmm, at this rate, he's going to end up a vampire. A SEXY vampire.
Spouses and lovers of the TAMD Generation
- Atsuko: Proof that Amberites only get sexier as they age.
- Damask: Helped me work off a few obsessions. Thanks.
- Gabrielle: THE PIES! THE PIES!!! *Gibber*
- Inaba: Another traitor. Blah.
- Rimururu: DAAAAAAAAAAAANG. I guess there is hope for EVERYONE. I see that I simply have not been trying hard enough! Now I just have to turn Shizumaru around...
The UnS Generation
- Beowulf: I have a few ideas perhaps we should discuss, Uncle.
- Demetrius: Dang, he did it again.
- Jacqueline: We'll find a way to help you, somehow.
- Kanna: Your destiny harem was destroyed when Lian fell into the Abyss. My heart goes out to you, but I do not know what to suggest, other than to hope you have ensured Thropan does not remain too lonely.
- Kentaro: Either seize Sumire or lose her forever. The time is upon you.
- Kuonji: It is quite obvious she is in love with Beowulf. They need to get together.
- Moonshade: Mom taught me everything I know about fighting. I should have paid more attention.
- Motoko: Was it like that?
- Mutsumi: She has reason to feel cranky of late.
- Naru: Damn, that sucks.
- Nausicaa: Goodbye, Child of Dreams. Serpent bless and guide you.
- Shinobu Minor: Good luck in Aesir, aunt.
- Sumire: Nymph will teach you well.
- Thoric: If I could choose to trade lives with one man, he's the one. Except for the pregnancy part.
- Vice: I'm surprised she's sane.
Spouses of the UnS Generation
- Davros: Seduced Mutsumi yet?
- Kaede: In dreams, you and Nausicaa can finally have the harem you deserve.
- Lily: I wish more women had her fashion sense.
- Mitsune: I hope to see you again soon.
- Ruka: A lucky man.
- Aburatsubo: FINALLY.
- Akari: Go, Akari, go!!!!!
- Anya: I like her, though she reminds me more of Moonshade-mom than of Motoko-mom.
- Asuka: Hrm.
- Chloe: Hrm. Hrm. Hrm.
- Deirdre: I think things have turned around for her.
- Hanajima: Congratulations and good luck with Tomos.
- Haru: Well, damn.
- Jewel: Hmm, will have to see the consequences...
- Kanako: Dammit!
- D-Kanako: Interesting; I hope to see more of her.
- Kaname: Time for us to have a talk.
- Katherine: Was this your work?
- Kurz: Good luck with Jewel.
- Kyou: o/~ Stray Cat Strut o/~
- Makoto: Uotani is much, much sexier than you, and only grows moreso as time passes.
- Melissa: Wise people plan for the post-bed experience, you know.
- Minako: I still hope for the best.
- Allen von Munchausen: You did your best, Allen. I probably couldn't have stopped Suzuka either.
- Nanami Minor: Magnificent. But it needed an orgy too! It's in the code!!!
- Nanbara: Looking good, brother.
- Orien: TELL ME YOUR SECRET!!!!
- Ota Minor: When I find the secret of destiny harems, you're the first person I'll tell, my friend.
- Random: I will do what I can for you, my old friend.
- Setsuna: Stronger than I realized.
- Shigure: Did you have to help Darios?
- Shiori: I AM SO UTTERLY JEALOUS!!!!
- Sousuke: Even the righteous sometimes face an uphill battle. But if you don't give up, you still have hope!
- Suzuka: It's going to be a long, hard road, sister, and you won't make it easier by continuing to shoot yourself in the face.
- Telemain: I pray you didn't die a virgin. *pause* What I meant to say was that I'm sorry you died like that, but I have to conclude you brought it on yourself.
- Tohru: I will help if I can.
- Tomos: I have a very bad feeling.
- Uo: Almost there, my love.
- Violet: Let it go, Violet.
- Yomiko: Auntie, this is not your finest hour.
- Yuki: Fall down seven times, get up eight.
- Yurika: Few women can sex a man up like she can. OH YEAH. And she kicks a lot of ass.
Miroku carries a potent shapeshifting staff, which also can break spells.
Miroku bears the Eye of the Dragon, and oh is he happy about that.
Miroku has been running around helping people and repeatedly nearly dying. And not getting any...
Of late, he's been hanging with Random and Suzuka. In said capacity, he helped to bodyguard Babyland and to defeat the Child Clad in Night, who had a Lion Spikard.
Miroku has since gone on to recover the Gloom Device from the Logrus before it could destroy the Logrus completely, and stabilized the Logrus. He was granted the Eye of the Dragon as his reward.
He has now gone to Arcadia, where he will get to pose as a Vampire Harem keeper. Excited? OH YEAH.
Having retired from vampire harem keeping...for now...Miroku has been running around helping people out and studying the new metaphysics. He recently helped smack around the Entropy Immortals of Mystara.