Alternate Auction Set
Minimum bid on all these auctions (unless noted otherwise) is 10 points. Points are only spent if you win.
- Abyss Training: Maybe you were an abyss pirate. Maybe you toured with Captain Demetrius. Maybe you just threw yourself in the Abyss on a bet. Whatever the means, you've gained the very rare powers of the Abyss. Winner gets points in Abyss power equal to their bid.
- Chosen One: You have a high and mighty destiny. As is typical with such things, you get a lot of help from the hand of fate at the price of having to follow your destiny or be smitten by the fates for abandoning it. Comes with prophesy accessory. This is a secret auction, as no one will know of your destiny but you at first.
- Destiny-Null: You are a giant cosmic x-factor, whose actions were unforseen by the prophets and predictors. You have absolutely no destiny at all, which means the burden is entirely on your shoulders to make anything at all of yourself. But the universe won't lay any such burdens on you either. In addition, it's harder to predict what you're going to do, even for those with high Psyche or Warfare. (The more points you spent to win the auction, the harder such predictions become.) This is a secret auction, as no one will know of your lack of destiny but you at first.
- Drink from Ymir's Well: You've drunk from Ymir's Well, and get to ask the DM two in-character questions of your choice, to which you will get an answer from the well. Depending on the question, the answer may require interpretation. Lord Odin has restricted access to the well greatly this last century, but you did him some favor he found to be worth letting you have a sip.
- Elder Lover: One of the Elders is secretly your lover. Which one it is will be worked out between the GM and the player. If negotiations on this topic completely break down, you'll get the points back you spent on it. This doesn't mean the Elder will always agree with you, etc, but you have a very, very powerful ally on your side. All points past the first 10 spent on the Elder Lover become a training package appropriate to said Elder lover of equal point value (with each Notable skill you choose to learn from them costing 3 points).
- Found Vulcan's Forge: You found Vulcan's Forge. This will let you craft an item of great power (ie, possessing a 16 point quality or one or more 8 point qualities). The item starts out with X-10 points worth of qualities, where X is the winning bid. The winner of this auction may spend discretionary points to amp up the item further. If you end up with more points than you want to spend on a single item, you can make several different items (although only one of the items can have a 16 point quality).
- Glory Road: You have spent an obsessional amount of time on Glory Road, going from Battle to Battle, fighting and refighting every war you can imagine and some you can't. Winner of the auction gains Glory Road as their personal shadow, and can use it to raise armies, hide, etc. They also gain the power to use Glory Road to swiftly travel through shadow from battlefield to battlefield. If this auction goes for more than 16 points, each additional point can be spent on Warfare, Strength, Endurance, or NS related to military affairs/military history (at a cost of 3 points per NS).
- The Great Hunt: At the command of the Serpent, the Great Hunt was called some years ago. The Serpent took on the form of the Hunted Serpent, and all and sundry gave chase, for whoever caught the Hunted Serpent would win much glory, and experience many interesting adventures along the way. Those who have won the Great Hunt seem to become marked by destiny. The winner gains the favor of the Serpent, who entrusts them with some artifact of power (probably a Spikard or Logrusfoil, but I will adjust it to fit the character), but will expect them to carry out some tasks for him in return.
- Greyswandir: You spent years, maybe decades hunting the lore necessary to make a new Greyswandir. Obviously enough, this means you start play with Greyswandir. If this goes for over 32 points, each additional point over 32 can be invested in Pattern, Psyche, or Endurance.
- High Priest of the Haradian Mysteries: The Haradian Mysteries is a fairly secretive sect based in the plains of Harad, whose members undergo a series of initiations as they rise in wisdom and spiritual understanding. The exact nature of these is unknown to those outside the cults, though the rumors range from ritual austerities to mad sexual orgies. There's definitely an aspect of nature worship to the sect, that much is clear to outsiders. The winner of this auction is the High Priest of the sect, having passed the final initiation. The winner becomes the Corn King, gaining the power to return from the grave once during the game. They also gain insight into the powers of life and death (ie, metaphysical knowledge).
- Necronomicon: The Patterns may be restored, the forces of the Outsiders largely locked out of reality, the Heralds dead, but you don't care. Perhaps you just want it to say you have it, perhaps you think you can use the forbidden lore to advance your own needs. Perhaps you want to delve into necromancy and the secrets of the dead. Or perhaps you're a MAD RAVING LUNATIC WHO WANTS TO SEE REALITY BURN! Or maybe you meant to check out the Metrotelenomicon and got the wrong book. But whoever wins this gets the big book of Evil Outsidery Goodness for themselves. The gainer of the Necronomicon can either lock it away so no one else can get it, or can study its secrets and gain a dark Prophecy, knowledge of necromancy, and the right to spend all the points they bid on it past the first ten on Outsider Sorcery and Conjuration if they want to. Be warned that dabbling in Outsider powers is REAL dangerous. It is a secret auction.
- Potato Handcrafted by Nanami: Sometimes, things just hit the fan, and you need something you can use as a weapon of last resort. Well, this is the potato of last resort. It'll only work once, but whoever gets hit by it is going to be a very unhappy camper. (Nanami advises that this doesn't work very well on Advanced Shifters, but anyone else is in trouble...). If this auction goes for over 32 points, each point spent can be turned into a point of Magic, Psyche, or Shapeshifting. (ie, Nanami gave you some special training as well as a potato).
- Sexiest Man or Woman Alive: You are, simply put, the Sexiest Man or Woman Alive, at least of your generation. If you want to Mack like a madman, this is the way to go. There is no minimum bid for this auction.
- Special Training By a Great Master (Anno, Anthy, Fuyutsuki, Jaqueline, Mutsumi): You trained with one of the bad asses of the power world and they liked you enough to teach you the GOOD STUFF. Winner of this auction gets the right to buy one power up to Master rank. Each point past the first ten can be spent on Psyche, Endurance, appropriate notable skills (at a cost of 3 points per skill), or on the power you got the right to buy up to Master rank.
- Tylor's Favorite: The King of Amber likes you quite a bit. This is useful both for getting stuff (like borrowing the JoJ? 'just for a little while') and for avoiding being raked over the coals if you fail. The winner gets points in 'favors' from Tylor they can draw on equal to what they bid. (Such favors are spent on a scale ranging from '1: Let me borrow some of your clothing' to '5: Let me borrow the Jewel of Judgement for an experiment')
- Unicorn's Pilgrimage: Dedicating yourself to the study of the mysteries of the Unicorn, you invested a large amount of time in visiting the five patterns and seeking to meet with the five avatars of the Unicorn. This cannot be taken with Great Hunt. This makes you the Unicorn's favorite: you can find the Unicorn much more easily than others can, and you're much more likely to get his help or consent to things. OTOH, you're also much more likely to have the Unicorn interrupt your nookie to tell you to go dive into a deathtrap to save one of your relatives too. You can buy Pattern up to Master rank.