o/~ My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on a limb
And all I remember Is thinking, I want to be like them
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little oh it looked like fun
And it's no coincidence I've come
And I can die when I'm done
But maybe I'm crazy
Maybe you're crazy
Maybe we're crazy
"Orbis non sufficit"
"It was time for a change, really. And I had changed, on many levels. Gone is the Dios costume, gone is his cape, gone is the ring I modeled after his. A more stern look, for more stern times, or something like that. Black with the white, darkness along with light, simply because that's the way I see the universe. It balances out. The new rose signet of my own design, it will hopefully evolve into something my dreamers can embrace as their own movement, forged by their own hands. The old symbol was fine, but it was too big, if you get what I mean. The people would always see it as His, and I wanted something they could call Theirs, and, well, something I could call mine, too. The blue hair is... but of course I've always had blue hair. I've always shifted it to white before, part of my hero worship to Him, though not any more. Why? Well, same reason as the new rose signet. Time to stop focusing so tightly on following someone else's path. I'll blaze my own. What? You think I kinda look like Miki? Don't be ridiculous."
Random is the firstborn child of the royal family of Arcadia, daughter of Jacqueline and Thoric, raised by them and Mutsumi as well, and their influence shows in her dabbling in trump (obviously Mutsumi's influence), music (from Mutsumi and Thoric), leadership (once again, Mutsumi and Thoric), and utter lack of magical ability (her mother's influence, following the Do as I say, not as I Do school of thought apparently). She also hugs every bit as much as Mutsumi, and some speculate she is, in fact, a genetic experiment blending Jacqueline, Thoric and Mutsumi's genetics into one being.
She was sent from the Arcadia universe originally to be properly educated in military matters from the Harad Military Academy and the Amber City Naval Academy, and has served in various military campaigns with glory and distinction. However, a military career is not what she has been pursuing.
Random is, in fact, one of the most famous celebrities on both sides of Yig, if not the most famous, thanks to a long career as a pop star and fashion model, an impressive career spanning 85 years. Some, like her uncle Drake, scratch their heads and sigh at Random's career choice.
To the royal family of Amber she is very friendly, though she adresses them using formal titles, such as 'prince', 'princess', 'lord' or 'lady'. To those whom commanded her in the military, she simply adresses them as 'commandah' (she has a somewhat continental accent). The only ones she addresses with more familiar titles is her more immediate relations, Kasumi, Utena, Anthy, Michelle and Saionji.
Her long military history incudes successful military campaigns in the second Melnibonean War, the Blue Turban conflict of Arcadia, and the incursion of The Dark.
She currently holds rank of Captain in the Amber Navy, Lieutenant General in the Arcadia Army, and General of the Armies of Amber.
She also holds court over the famous Raves of Arden, and her universe-travelling concerts are always a big event.
While her primary interest (the music career) is fairly obvious, she is also deeply curious about the nature and function of the major powers and gods of the universe, the Logrus, the Pattern, the Serpent, Unicorn, and Turtle, and is a great believer in naturally enforced cosmic balance and something called 'Chaos Theory', in which there's order in chaos, and chaos in order, or something like that which just doesn't make sense to reasonable people. She also delves into the history of Annadil, comparing it to the history of her own world's King Dios, studying the hows and whys of Dios falling from grace.
While normally a pleasant and cheerful soul liked by all, there is one phrase that, if uttered by her, will make most people who know her cringe and fear.
"I Am Bored."
The result of Random boredom varies, from yet another rave in Arden, wild shopping sprees in CAFAM, or strange nonsensical rampages through shadow. Mercifully, she's been a lot less bored since settling down in the Ward of the Dead Unicorn.
The last thirty years have seen a remarkable mellowing out in Random's demeanor. While her music and concerts will still be fairly noisy, her civilian demeanor has been lowered down from a gabbing whirlwind to a leisurely cheshire cat, though she still is terrible when she's bored. Some speculate that twenty years of life without having to pick up a sword is the cause. Others believe she's finally on prescription drugs. The recent revelation that she is engaged to Juri of Harad probably has a lot to do with it.
Random has recently founded an organization in Chaos known as the Order of the Rose, which, in the wake of the Logruswreck, is now the primary source of peacekeeping, law enforcement and medical aid in many sectors of Chaos. She is a demigoddess of song, and has displayed the power to temporarily move the stars to her will. She is a part-time vampire, christened Victoria by the lady Lillith, but working on fixing this condition. She also now sports a long braid, after a session with Uotani talking about boys, though usually keeps it under her hat.
A Random Century: The Best Of Random Tenjou (released 1332):
Reactions to others:
- Fuyutsuki: Illusion, Dream, potato, potahto.
- Gendo: The music! The chandaliers! *gibber*
- Anno: I think you need more security forces surrounding the grounds, gran'pa. Allow me to move mine in...
- Anthy: Her help? Priceless.
- Dios: And now, if all goes well, you will give an answer to both of us.
- Annadil: Almost all who remember the man you once were are dead, and thus, your legend is now Mine.
- King Tylor: He Understands.
- Touga: You've been quiet, too quiet.
- Derith: If I turn out to be Derith's daughter by some freakish soul melding accident, I am going to cry.
- Drake: A billion crucifix jokes, buddy, any day now
- Gil-Galad: Rest, elf prince. You are long overdue.
- Van: Wow, he didn't kick my ass.
- Saionji: I have this plan...
- Eowyn: You have my sympathies.
- Juri: This is a first. You have deeply disturbed me.
- Corrine: Er... I hope you don't take this badly....
- Makoto: Mmmmm, ham and turkey. But jelly's a no-no.
- Corey: Surprisingly good as a Howlin' Bishonen Commando.
- Nanami: I wonder what she'd think of me now.
- Miki: I feel a little more sympathy for the man.
- Kozue: Surprisingly cool about things. I guess being surrounded by babies does that.
- Utena: Queen Utena of New Chaos. Sounds like a plan.
- Wakaba: Hmmmmmm....
- Vash: Too goobery to die.
Spouses of the Elders
- Kasumi: One of these days you'll have to explain that thing with the pattern...
- Leather Knight Kasumi: waaaah! I had to give your sword up! But at least it's in good hands...
- Madoka: You bitch. You sexy bitch, you. Aaaaargh.
- Nabiki: Where?
- Suu: Glad to have helped save you. Let us mend fences 'tween our houses, yes?
- Tsuwabuki: I know one-night stands with primal beings doesn't make up for the loss of your most beloved, but DAMN
- Yuriko: *wolf-whistle*
The TAMD Generation
- Michelle: The trick, dear gra'ma, is to be subtle and subversive.
- Mikage: Alas, no more elevator rides.
- Nagisa: Here's your butt-toy membership card...
- Ota Major: I'm basking in the glow of my own legacy, thank you.
- Ramon: Sorry...
- Shinobu Major: I'm thirsty, and you're not going to be using your blood soon....
- Shizumaru: Wood God. Huhuh. huhuh.
Spouses and lovers of the TAMD Generation
- Atsuko: After recent events, I begin to wonder what a blessing from her will do for me.
- Damask: Asking for a blood sample from the line of Tenjou is asking for trouble.
- Gabrielle: Fun. When she's not being too nosy. Oh, and here's her membership card for the butt-toy club.
- Inaba: Surprisingly enlightening. But I still say we hold him hostage. Nothing personal.
- Keiko: *cough*cough*cough* Um, no, nothing's wrong...
- Rimururu: And now you understand the power of the sex side.
- Young Rimururu: Awfully blushy for someone who's probably been pleasured by the cock hoards of mighty M&A.
- Yumi: Take good care of her, I may have use for her later.
The UnS Generation
- Beowulf: I grieve with you. Telemain will be missed.
- Demetrius: My sister had it right.
- Jacqui: Didn't know she was so close to Moriya....
- Dr. Jacqi: Nononononono, Juri's mine.
- Jewel Bride: Thanks for the save, mom. I'll try to do better next time.
- Hostess: Sorry about that, mom. I'll try to do better next time.
- Host: You go, gurl.
- Jack: Interesting turn of events, innit? So, what'cha gonna say?
- Kanna: Aaaaaand here's your membership card into the butt-toy club, hottest club in town!
- Kentaro: Perhaps we should drag your ass to Arcadia for some image repair. It worked for Saionji.
- Kuonji: Nice to know somebody had fun.
- Moriya: After recent events, I begin to wonder what a blessing from him will do for me.
- Moonshade: About that sword of balance? Nevermind.
- Motoko: Make your move now, woman. And don't forget my advice.
- Mutsumi: Really, really, really sorry about that
- Naru: I'm sure I didn't marry you to Mutsumi. Really.
- Nausicaa: .... goodbye.
- Shinobu Minor: I hope you guys are breeding.
- Sumire: Eat my dust.
- Taylor: Dammit, man, I SAID that I WAS FREE. Stop disturbing my dreams.
- Thoric: Really, really, really sorry about that.
- Vice: You rock.
Spouses of the UnS Generation
- Davros: There is one thing you do not understand. The road of all Rose Princes leads to ruin, in the end. Also, if you can shapeshift to Thoric, the Host would appreciate it...
- Kaede: S'what I would have done.
- Kitsune: You keep this up and Juri will kill me, you know.
- Lily: *wolf-whistles* Knowledge for the mind and candy for the eyes.
- Mitsune: Heeey, congrats, you're a daddy.
- Ruka: The forelock mesmerizes me.
- Aburatsubo: He gets the orgy. I envy.
- Akari: So she becomes a frisky little vampirette and I go and advocate sexual restraint. What's wrong with this picture?
- Anya: This should be good.
- Asuka: We can still do it, you know.
- Azalyn: You're too much a target as of late, I will have to take measures.
- Chloe: Though we are not very close, she is indeed my partner in crime.
- Deirdre: VERY FUNNY
- Hanajima: At least someone's having a good month.
- Haru: Keep up the good work there, buddy, keepin' that 'Universal Balance' thing going, yeah.
- Haru of Souma: No, really, I love this guy. Need to invite him to more parties.
- Jewel: Don't think I won't.
- Hiro of Souma: BRING IT OOOOOOOOOOON!!!!
- Kanako: ...
- Kanako 2.0: I wonder if Kozue started out this way.
- Kaname: What the fuck?!? I mean.... I mean... What the fuck?!?!
- Kisa: If you're pregnant, you're marrying him.
- Kurz: Boy, what you don't know....
- Kyou: Makes a hot Howlin' Bishonen Commando.
- Luffy: Doing good, kid.
- Makoto: Sure is getting laid a lot lately. Good for her.
- Minako: Hang in there, sister.
- Melissa: You think I'm kidding about that offer?
- Miroku: Wonder what he's researching now...
- Allen von Munchausen: Be good to my son.
- Nanami Minor: .... I think it's the universe's way of telling me to apply the que sera sera theory here.
- Nanbara: Say, for the right fee would you be the attorney for the League?
- Nanami of Tremere: Come now, surely you can help me out with the Tremere issue.
- Orien: Well, pal, now we're even. Now go have your celebratory orgy.
- Ota: Well, if certain things happen, he will indeed be following granddad's footsteps.
- Random: Well, okay, we'll try this long hair thing, but I think a lot of my fan base is going to cry.
- Victoria: o/~ Sometimes love don't feel like it should / You make it hurt so good o/~
- Fate Random: What the fuck?!? I mean.... I mean... What the fuck?!?! And when my son becomes a teenager YOU WILL NOT SEX HIM UP!!!
- Destiny Random: Glad to see you're still about. I wonder what the future holds for you, though.
- Shadow Random: Heal yourself, and prepare. For one who feeds on the chaos of battle, I believe a buffet will soon come your way.
- Setsuna: For someone so negative and gory, he's sure having a great month.
- Shabazz: I guess you deserve a little break.
- Shigure: FIX MY BANNER!
- Shiori: Great times, great tour! So, uh, no victory orgy, eh?
- Sousuke: What the fuck?!? I mean.... I mean... What the fuck?!?!
- Suzuka: Good luck with that Serpent thing.
- Telemain: I wonder what you'd think of me now.
- Tohru: I'm the minion in this relationship. Well. Okay. What now?
- Tomo: There is much to learn, my minion. Like tact.
- Tomos: I will have her healed soon, I promise you.
- Uo: You look GREAT in cornrows! No, don't take it off, I think Miroku will find the unexpected change hot.
- Violet: Hm, I see. So if you're the snatch of fate, does that make Miroku the destiny dick? Maybe Jewel was on to something here.
- Yomiko: Whatever were you researching? I cannot help but be curious.
- Yurika: Does Empress really suit you, my friend?
- Yuki: ... well, look at it this way, if you're willing to keep your options open, you'll never be alone.
- Unicorn: Horny. HA!
- Phoenix: I shoulda just taken his offer.
- Serpent: Your hug feels nice.
- Crab: See? Okay? You understand now? Okay.
- Death: Nice guy, as long as you don't piss in his wheaties.
- Vampire: You've recieved a taste of the future. Know that your obsolescence will come.
- Rasputin: I'm still operating well within design parameters. Keep your eyes on the stars, see?
- Ex-Wu Corrine: I see hanging around Yig has managed to help her form a giant corncob up her ass.
- Ex-Wu Juri: They apologized already, a real one too, not a Drake apology, and they tried to embrace you as they had embraced me, Corey and Van. What else do you want, woman? A cookie?
- Drake of Catala: I'm making my move. Let's see yours.
- Walter of Catala: Yeah, sure, we'll get together and slap your balls around again some time.
- Elizabeth of Catala: Look, it was for the greater good, really.
- Lillith: Reminding me why there's so much vampire porn out there.
- Soujiro: Not sure hooking up with someone who can so easily present a false face is a good idea, but then, I'm not exactly the best person to say that.
- Hayate: Ouch.
- Kei: She is incredible, is she not?
- Sasame: At last, an adult more skittish than Akari.
- Mannen: MANNEN VARSUS ANYA! ROUNDOH ONE, SHOBU!.
- Shin: KYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!
- Katherine: Whoa, she's scoring Shiori booty.
- Lord Foul: You don't seem to understand. You're not in prison because the universe specifically wants to put YOU in prison. You're in prison because in the waking there are an infinite number of plotting scheming idiots whose existence generates your archetype. I think the answer is clear, you have to kill these idiots.
The Next Generation
- Rei: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
- Nemo: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
- Haruka: Quite the escape artist, aren't you?
- Roderick: This one's going to be a Player.
- Inigo: All things can be harnessed to good use, even teenage angst.
- Alexander: You will be all that I had failed to be, and more. With a little guidance from me.
- Wheellock - fueled by magic, infinite ammo and amplified damage
- Donnerskrieg - logrusfoil of House Wotan, New Chaos
- Shabazz - The newest sword of balance, and apparently God of Swords
- War Banner - pattern artifact recently reformatted to balance artifact, in theory it still summons the ghosts of all who fought under Random's command to rise and fight again
- Nuts - blown.
- Serpent Juice - not blown. Still holding it in a jug.
- Original Issue Dios Cape - non-magical, non-primal, has a few bite marks, food stains, currently locked away in a trunk in Random's closet. Violent retribution is promised to those who mess with it.
- notes from [Senior Year Thesis]? on Cosmic Balance (recieved a D-)
- [The Holy Music Bible]?