Shabazz, former Jewel Demon of Melnibone, now Sword Jewel Demon of Random and Newest Sword of Balance
o/' Don't be shocked by the tone of my voice.
Just got my new weapon, weapon of choice o/'
"You wouldn't like me when I'm bored."
"The next trump was that of a longsword laid down on a granite table, and one of a very distinctive coloring scheme. Half of the blade was silver, while the other half was gold, with a silvery hilt. A dark gemstone was embedded at the pommel of the sword, and as I looked upon it, it almost seemed that something was stirring within."
Shabazz is a jewel demon originating from the mines of Melnibone. Not much is known about his life before serving Random, except that his previous master had run afoul of Asuka and was slain. In the fight, Shabazz was flung into a river and was cast adrift, until he somehow ended up in the Room of Lost Things in House Gainax, presented to Random from Jack as a snack. Luckily for Shabazz, the thought of eating a sentient snack was a bit distasteful to her. Instead, she kept him around in her pocket for a while, where he kept company with breadsticks, loose change, and for a while, a Monkey Paw. Eventually, Random's aunt Moonshade decided to bestow upon Random a sword made from her blood, dubbed 'Shinnou'. After a moment of thought, Random decided it'd be a neat idea to plug Shabazz into Shinnou, and the rest is history. Shabazz's status had unexpectedly changed recently, as he was fused with Random when she performed the rite to resurrect the holy trees of the Valar, and as a result is now the newest Blade of Balance in the universe.
More recent examination has raised the possibility Shabazz is now also the God of Swords. Exactly what this means is uncertain and has yet to be tested.
He is also the God of Bad Singing.
Personality and Aptitudes
Shabazz is a multifaceted being.
With his transformation into a Blade of Balance and God of Swords, Shabazz's new levels of ability are as of yet unknown and untested. He still retains the ability to shapeshift into any manner of weapon, so long as it does not require complex machinery. He also has the ability to rack and cast spells, which seems to be greatly amplified whenever Random taps into her link with the trees of the Valar. He recently
recieved an upgrade when Random ate a dead Chaos Lord of old. Aside from now having rubies embedded in his blade and hilt, he now has the ability to mold shadow and take a humanoid form that will attract women with a shouta complex.
In terms of personality, Shabazz is somewhat like Random, except without the singing, and the sex, and the drugs. He is easily bored, often in need of some sort of distraction. Wild action in combat is his favorite choice, though television, magazines and being juggled sometimes do.
He is eerily like Morgenstern.
Don't call him Sandwich.
Reactions to others:
- Corum: Not a man you want angry at you. Unless you're Ramon, anyway.
- Elric: He's a good sorceror, but he's got some kind of freakish fetish for his sword. I can tell.
- Erekose: "Blah, blah, I must restore the cosmic balance, blah, blah, kill, kill, blah, I am forever a wanderer, blah." Needs to get laid, desperately.
- Fati: Damn, she's one hot Dowager Empress. A bit cranky, though.
- Hawkmoon: He's got a pretty damn strong Jewel Demon. Fights like a whirlwind too. Decent guy.
- Jerry: Miroku the Melnibonean, but tackier.
- Jherek: He knows his business, and he's fairly smart and subtle. He's got a good shot at the throne, I think.
- Moorcock II: He's a smart man and a good ruler, though I expect he has to be aware his kids are waiting impatiently for him to die.
- Terebithia: I wouldn't want to marry most of her brothers either.
- Fuyutsuki: Someone watched Matrix Reloaded too many times.
- Gendo: Sounds like a great king to me.
- Anthy: Nice enough.
- King Tylor: He'd have been eaten alive in Melnibone.
- Touga: Okay, stealing the throne of Chaos IS pretty impressive. He's still a stinky thief, just a good one.
- Drake: Do not piss off Drake.
- Van: Huh.
- Saionji: He's got attitude. Bad attitude.
- Eowyn: My kind of woman. Been a lousy week for her.
- Juri: o/~ A Knight Rode Forth / His Land to Save / A Secret Kept / Until the Grave o/~
- Corrine: All queens should be busty. And like hugs.
- Makoto: Is he the clown guy?
- Corey: He's not a prince of amber, he's a set of gonads dragging a body along after them. Very fertile ones, apparently.
- Nanami: Lousy way to go.
- Miki: o/~ The Lady Remained / His Heart She Held / A Secret Kept / Until All Fell o/~
- Kozue: o/~ He Forgets Not / The Love Once Shared / A Heart Kept / A Heart Ensnared o/~
- Utena: We should get her to come to Arcadia and kick some ass for us.
- Wakaba: Hey, baby, wanna come on a mission to get some lovin'?
- Vash: I was wrong, he did get out.
Spouses of the Elders
- Yuriko: She is an excellent Queen, and a credit to what is left of the old ruling house of Rebma.
- Suu: Her name is used to frighten young jewel demons.
- The Red Knight: I'd say he's a bad-ass.
- Nabiki: Drake picked a fine piece of ass for himself.
- Tsuwabuki: Man, life's just been sucking for him lately.
- Madoka: o/~ A Garden She Keeps / Which Holds Her Heart / To Hold Her Memories / When They Must Part o/~
The TAMD Generation
- Keiko: Needs to learn to wear less clothing so I don't have to use my imagination as much.
- Michelle: Go! SHAG LOEWEN FOR GREAT JUSTICE!
- Mikage: What a crappy way to die.
- Nagisa: I'm very proud of him; his knowledge of the Pattern is matched by few.
- Ramon: It's not the tool, it's the mechanic. And he's THE mechanic.
- Shinobu Major: There's a lot of dead kings who are going to be forming a happy conga line at that trial. What goes around comes around.
- Shizumaru: He made the noble choice. This is why he will never have a harem. YOU FOOL!!!!!!!!
Spouses and lovers of the TAMD Generation
- Atsuko: Mmm, hot woman.
- Damask: Freaky even by Melnibonean standards.
- Gabrielle: She makes a very good wife to Nagisa, a perfect complement to him.
- Inaba: I see that working for cosmic forces gets you a nice jail cell.
- Rimururu: You would think she'd be used to sharing men by now. What were all those guys in 'Bustie Does Begma', anyway? Puppets?
- Young Rimu: I think she needs your guidance, Random. If you know what I mean.
The UnS Generation
- Beowulf: TEACH ME THE SECRET OF SUPREME DAMAGE!!!!!
- Demetrius: And people call demons freaky.
- Jacqueline: Her fate is truly a tragedy; I regret I could not do more for her.
- Kanna: I hear Jerry wants her body.
- Kentaro: Not quite dead yet.
- Kuonji: The stories disturb me.
- Moonshade: Damn, she's hot.
- Motoko: Don't die in the Cave of Worlds. You're too hot.
- Mutsumi: I'm so proud of her; she's done so well for herself.
- Naru: SOCK IT TO THE BITCH! Oh yeah, she's hot.
- Nausicaa: What a tragedy.
- Shinobu Minor: Good luck in House Aesir.
- Sumire: Open that kimono just a little more...
- Thoric: He has truly grown into his role as a monarch, and he makes a good husband to Mutsumi.
- Vice: She was the kid who ate the dog's food, I bet.
Spouses of the UnS Generation
- Davros: Yeah, he's a sex-machine. And I think Dr. Jacqui has the hots for him. Not a screamer, though.
- Kaede: May your luck be better in the Dreaming than it was here.
- Lily: A pity more women don't imitate her.
- Mitsune: Not as funny as she thinks. Cute, though.
- Ruka: A lucky man.
- Aburatsubo: Hmm, he's been working with Suzuka. I think I start to see what is REALLY going on here.
- Akari: Poor kid. I wouldn't want to dance for some Abyss freak either.
- Anya: Young and stupid, but also hot and may amount to something eventually.
- Asuka: She has the Heart of Flame and has yet to make anyone gasp and turn lesbian. WHAT A WASTE. Get your freak on, girl!
- Chloe: A credit to the House of Rebma. I regret she was lost to us so long.
- Deirdre: Dumber than I realized.
- Hanajima: Hmm, not bad.
- Haru: HAH! LOSER GOT WHAT HE DESERVED!
- Jewel: Good luck with your new job, Jewel. Great responsibility gives great stress, but I think you will bear it well.
- Kanako: Given she's a ghost, how can we be sure she's REALLY gone?
- Kaname: I know sibling rivalries can be difficult, but perserve. The rewards in the long term are great.
- Katherine: More Hot Women = Good.
- Kurz: Hmmm, I wonder if I'd get Super Logrus Powers if...
- Kyou: Hmmm....Orange Harem would be good, but Kyou's going to need an actual brain.
- Makoto Minor: Leadership can be a great burden, but the reward is knowing that you have helped many people by doing it. You are a great help to your parents, you know.
- Melissa: Sexy and competent.
- Minako: You might consider whether it is wise to leave Drake and Loewen ready to bitchslap you.
- Miroku: It's always the ones you don't expect.
- Allen von Munchausen: Dumbass.
- Nanami Minor: 2.0 seems to definitely offer superior performance and attractiveness. And has a nice ass.
- Nanbara: Well, he's still weird, but compared to his sisters...
- Orien: And now Helgram owes him, and he's working for Touga's son...
- Ota Minor: Well, he's highly effective when people run herd on him. I have to give him that.
- Random: o/~ To Battle He Rode / A Sword in his Hand / With A Light Heart / He Made His Stand o/~
- Setsuna: I wonder if the real one could have done that.
- Shigure: Coasting.
- Shiori: I fear that she has been turned into a pawn by Aburatsubo. We're going to have to do something to help her.
- Sousuke: Mmm, the handsome hero of the hour. I bet he likes swords too...
- Suzuka: Accident, huh. Hmmm....
- Telemain: We all make errors. His was, unfortunately, fatal.
- Tohru: Hmmm....Orange Harem would be good, but Kyou's going to need an actual brain.
- Tomos: o/~ Dude Looks Like A Lady o/~
- Uotani: Gonna need bigger breasts to keep up with Nanami.
- Violet: Her diplomatic skills are great, nearly as large as her beautiful breasts.
- Yomiko: Hmm, could use a makeover.
- Yuki: Never met his mother.
- Yurika: Be patient with Kaname. The eldest sibling has a great deal of responsibility to be the wise and steady one who leads the others.
- Vaclav Havel: I hear he became a monster in order to avoid becoming a monster. Not sure if it worked.
- Slobodan Milosevec: I hear he lives in someone's basement.
- Michael Jackson: He'd make a good Melnibonean.
- Trent Lott: When Cheerleaders Go Bad.
- Saddam: Bad Santa.
- Elvis: Has left the building.
- Jacques Chirac: o/~ F'rera Jacques / F'rera Jacques / Dormammu /Dormammu? o/~
Shabazz was fused with Shinnou, a sword made from Random's own body by Davros and Moonshade.
Shabazz has gained the ability to shapeshift from an experiment of Dr. Jacqui's.