Irresponsible Ambassador Shigure
"Clearly, Setsuna, this is a sign that Cone People have been raiding the caravans on the Black Road. I'd appreciate it if you could take Kyou with you and put a stop to it. No, no, I'm sure it isn't really bandits."
"Slim, tall, and dark haired, he smiled confidently in a red and gold kimono covered with snakes and dogs chasing each other round trees. In his right hand, he held a pen, and he kneeled before a table covered with papers, covered with his neat handwriting. A brown-haired woman lurked expectantly behind him; she couldn't see he was, in fact, carefully reading a manga instead of writing."
Born to House Souma in 1335 AY, he was the son of a Souma diplomat, and was hauled all over the Black Zone. Deciding he liked it, he went into diplomacy, which gives him time to write a lot. His charm enabled him to win the coveted position of Ambassador to Amber.
He found out too late, it's a lot more work than he expected. Good thing he's got those relatives with him to be tricked into doing all the work...
Personality and Aptitudes
Shigure is a naturally lazy and sociable man, who enjoys being around other people and getting them to do his work for him. He greatly enjoys having his cousins as flunkies, although he's careful not to work them too hard.
He's also a very good writer, who enjoys entertaining people with stories, and he enjoys tormenting his publishers just a little too much.
He has a bit of a lecherous side, despite the ways in which his curse tends to inhibit sex.
Like all the Soumas, he turns into an animal when hugged or too excited or weak, namely a dog.
Shigure is fairly strong willed, and adept in shapeshifting and the Logrus as well.
Reactions to others:
- Fuyutsuki: He is a wise man.
- Gendo: A gardener must know when to prune and when to plant.
- Anthy: A big risk for a large prize.
- King Tylor: Very clever, your highness.
- Touga: A perfect match for Lady Suu.
- Drake: Honesty is often refreshing.
- Van: I have not met him.
- Saionji: I have heard he is quite the ladies' man.
- Eowyn: Truly an unlucky woman.
- Juri: An elegant and beautiful woman.
- Corrine: A leopard CAN change its spots.
- Makoto: o/~Come back to the five and dime o/~
- Corey: Less common sense than Cho, which scares me.
- Nanami: I am sorrowed by her death; she will be missed.
- Miki: A good and gentle King.
- Kozue: It is best never to rush in making permanent decisions in such manners as this.
- Utena: A lovely lady, though I fear that in the end, her hatred of Helgram will destroy her.
- Wakaba: She is a kind and beautiful soul, who sadly finds shifters a turn-off.
- Vash: The world needs more people like him.
Spouses of the Elders
- Yuriko: A lot of fun to tease.
- Suu: She is a true genius. A truly dangerous genius.
- The Red Knight: Few can be so lucky to have such as him.
- Nabiki: I understand she's actually a golem. No really.
- Tsuwabuki: A very good Marshal, though he's had few chances to really strut his stuff.
- Madoka: I like fire in a woman.
The TAMD Generation
- Keiko: It is never easy to be reborn.
- Michelle: The stories of her skill are quite true.
- Mikage: I am sorry to see you die like that so pointlessly.
- Nagisa: Kind, gentle, and intelligent.
- Ramon: I fainted when he beat Suroth in that duel.
- Shinobu Major: It is best never to rush in making permanent decisions in such manners as this.
- Shizumaru: His patience and kindness is known even in Chaos. Except in House Hendrake, but you can't have it all.
Spouses and lovers of the TAMD Generation
- Damask: He's an infinitely amusing man.
- Atsuko: Older Women do make better lovers.
- Gabrielle: I never make the same mistake twice.
- Inaba: A pity.
- Rimururu: Living in another's shadow is never easy.
The UnS Generation
- Beowulf: A wise, intelligent man.
- Demetrius: I pray that his luck will hold.
- Jacqueline: Certain arts are dangerous to delve into too deeply.
- Kanna: A magnificent woman, but not very bright.
- Kentaro: I hope you recover soon.
- Kuonji: Mmm, cookies.
- Moonshade: Only a fool tempts her wrath.
- Motoko: The Serpent's Bride becomes more one of us with each passing day, though I think she does not see it.
- Mutsumi: A delight, though she needs to get over hugging members of our House before we all go mad.
- Naru: Very smart. Very cranky. Be careful around her.
- Nausicaa: Good luck in dreamland, princess.
- Shinobu Minor: I can see why Lord Odin and Lord Thor and Lady Sif like her so much.
- Sumire: Rarely have I seen a child who more perfectly combined her parents' qualities.
- Thoric: An excellent king for Arcadia and a very lucky man. Except for the pregnancy part.
- Vice: Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, they say.
Spouses of the UnS Generation
- Davros: Probably the luckiest man in Chaos.
- Kaede: Goodbye; good luck in the world of dreams.
- Lily: A pity more women do not have her fashion sense.
- Mitsune: An infinite well of trouble.
- Ruka: A good commander, I hear.
- Aburatsubo: A good fellow; he reminds me of Ayame.
- Akari: What a mess.
- Anya: A remarkably potent teenager. For all its limitations, we can now see exactly what being trained from birth can do for a person.
- Asuka: Beautiful face, terrifying temper. You'd think she and Nanami Minor were twins.
- Chloe: Something about her makes me nervous.
- Deirdre: Foolish of late.
- Hanajima: Charming, mysterious, intriguing.
- Haru: A good man, though a little too wrapped up in his philosophies.
- Jewel: Her and Kurz? Hmm.
- Kanako: How entirely goth.
- Kaname: Beautiful and impressive with trumps. Miki must be proud of her.
- Kurz: A fun man to get drunk with.
- Kyou: My dear cousin, you should have been the tiger instead of the cat.
- Makoto: Kyou with breasts. Very nice ones.
- Melissa: Sexy, sexy, sexy. Damn curse.
- Minako: She IS the angel of love. And quite lovely naked.
- Miroku: Sometimes I wonder if he's the real 'Rabbit'.
- Allen von Munchausen: Perhaps Sousuke will calm him down and he will liven Sousuke up.
- Nanami Minor: Beautiful face, terrifying temper. You'd think she and Asuka were twins.
- Nanbara: And people say Loewen has no sense of humor. This man being Loewen's son has to be the greatest practical joke of all time.
- Orien: Pleasant company.
- Ota Minor: More fun than a barrel of monkeys.
- Random: Endless source of entertainment.
- Setsuna: The Nanbara of Amber. I can hear Kuonji and Loewen drunk in a bar commisserating. Hmmm....
- Shiori: Quite attractive and full of life.
- Sousuke: He's a decent fellow, not a violent madman like his father.
- Suzuka: Too soon to pass any real judgement.
- Telemain: I am sorry, my friend. I will drink a toast in your memory, and reread all your works to remember the good times we shared.
- Tohru: Her nobility was apparent from the moment I met her.
- Tomos: Charming, brave....stupid. But a good fellow. And I increasingly see he has learned to surround himself with people who will compensate for his flaws. A wise tactic.
- Uo: She thinks with her fists too much.
- Violet: Elegant, beautiful, witty, a joy to spar with verbally.
- Yomiko: A lovely lass, full of charm and innocence. I hope no one punctures it.
- Yuki: Noble, but also shy. He shouldn't fight with Kyou so much, but it has helped to make them strong. I hope he reconciles with Ayame eventually.
Shigure has a huge number of books, some of which he wrote himself.
He has been seen to be rather friendly with Minako of late. Like the other Soumas, he is rather twitchy about this Wind Dragon, which apparently helped curse his family...