Commander of the Amber Cavalry Corps
- o/~ For every wall you build around your fear
- A thousand darker things are bore in here
- And they're fed on contempt for all that you hold dear
- Truth is it doesn't matter what you do
- 'Til you gaze in the mirror with an eye that's true
- And admit that what scares you is the me in you o/~
Shinobu has short black hair cut in her mother's style and a rather bulkier figure, inherited from her father's side. She got picked on a lot because she was an ugly little kid, so she got tough fast and learned how to fight very well. She has a legendary temper, during which she seems to get impressive bursts of strength. She has an uneasy relationship with her mother, who is sometimes affectionate and sometimes distant and usually manipulative. She was raised by her father, Briarios, in Sethfor as a result; he is an easygoing man, tall, dark haired and bulky. Most observers remain confused as to why Kozue had a fling with him in the first place.
During the Annadil Crisis, Shinobu ran wild over the Therins, crushing them. She then commanded the expeditionary force
which crushed Lipun, and directed its reconstruction. She married a minor Lipunese nobleman, Inaba, a friendly, but not
always very competent sorceror, noted for his odd magical rabbit suit. She now spends most of her time in Harad, breeding
horses and training cavalrymen. She's known to be somewhat disappointed in her daughter, Naru, who has abandoned a
promising career in the cavalry to pursue trying to get into Panopticon University under the influence of the Royal Tutor, Seta Noriyasu. She challenged Seta to a rose duel, but he set the weapon as unarmed combat and pounded her into the ground.
She's known to really, really hate him.
During the Herald Crisis, after the loss of Hiko, Shinobu acted as Warden of Arden until a more permanent appointment could be made. She assisted in the destruction of the Red Death in Arden and in the war on the Serpent's Horn. She commanded the assault on Hel's Primal Pattern with great success.
Tylor offered her the job of Admiral of the Southern Fleet after Saionji's resignation, but she refused the job, citing a lack of
Shinobu once had great respect for Motoko, but her increasing puritanicalness has caused her to reject all of the various harems of the Herald-era generation. She's known to have taught Keitaro how to ride a horse, and is known to have great respect for Thoric despite his harem membership; his performance in the Herald Crisis enabled many people to finally understand why. She and Prince Ramon are known to get along pretty well. She is known to rather dislike Marshal Tsuwabuki; jealousy of him getting the job she wanted is considered the cause. She is known to like Asuka quite a bit.
Shinobu rarely comes to court, and is usually either off at a war, or off training her men. Rumor has it she's quite irritated at not being appointed Marshal when the job came open after Shaft's death.
In fact, it would appear she was so irritated, she plotted treason with Kozue, and now is in jail.
Reactions to others:
- Fuyutsuki: I wonder how many fleets he blew up as a kid.
- Gendo: He wouldn't have let things go to hell like this.
- Anthy: Pity she didn't die in the Abyss.
- King Tylor: Why was this idiot allowed to take the throne?
- Touga: I'd think he was using Tylor as a front man, except Tylor acts too stupidly.
- Drake: A great general who knows what must be done. But doesn't do it. Even he's getting soft.
- Van: He does his duty and fights well. He may be a fake, but he's better than a fair number of the real ones.
- Saionji: What a moron.
- Eowyn: Should have been killed.
- Juri: I respect her past accomplishments, but she seems to have suffered brain damage in Cathuria and never recovered.
- Corrine: This woman becoming a queen should have been a warning sign.
- Makoto: Useless moron.
- Corey: Why exactly did we let this idiot live?
- Nanami: What a crappy way to go. Her descendents were pretty useless, but she wasn't.
- Miki: Weak, stupid, incestous. But I have to admit he's a great trump master.
- Derith: I've come to understand how he felt.
- Kozue: So much for 'no turning back', eh?
- Utena: She talks about revenge, but it's all hot air. For all her skills, she does nothing useful with them. What a waste.
- Wakaba: If I'd been raped and used as a baby factory, I wouldn't have spent two centuries sitting around whining about it instead of doing something.
- Vash: Would be much more useful powering someone's Abyss artifact than he is now.
Spouses of the Elders
- Yuriko: I can't see how she hasn't killed Tylor by now.
- Suu: Freak.
- The Red Knight: Sex Doll of Flesh.
- Nabiki: A tough woman.
- Tsuwabuki: Can you say nepotism? I knew you could.
- Madoka: Whine, whine, whine. Juri's going to take your husband and all you're going to do is cry. Loser.
The TAMD Generation
- Keiko: Whore.
- Michelle: There's few things worse than watching a friend slowly degenerate. I wish I could have the old her back, but few people return from the darkness.
- Mikage: Smart people make sure their constructs don't rampage when they die, but then Mikage was only about a forth as smart as he thought he was.
- Nagisa: I respect his skills, even though he's completely pussy-whipped. And he's always been a good brother to me. I hope he'll be okay.
- Ramon: You shouldn't have let yourself be seduced by a whore, Ramon. He's a good man at heart, but his family runs riot and he doesn't do anything. Which makes him weak.
- Shizumaru: I am sorry I could not save you from prison, old friend. You deserved better.
Spouses and lovers of the TAMD Generation
- Damask: A degenerate freak, the perfect match for Atsuko and Michelle.
- Atsuko: Sad to see a noblewoman become a pimp.
- Gabrielle: For all her flaws, Gabrielle has served this family better than some of its real members.
- Inaba: I am sorry, my love, to see you caught in the wreck of my plans.
- Rimururu: She should just hunt and kill 'Bust Rimururu' and then go and kill Mitsune too.
The UnS Generation
- Beowulf: A well meaning fool. I have much respect for his skills, and not much for how he uses them.
- Demetrius: An idiot savant. Still useful.
- Jacqueline: Should have been killed when it turned out she killed her father. Pestillent little shit.
- Kanna: Beowulf with breasts.
- Kentaro: He can't even die right.
- Kuonji: A deadly, dangerous, very competent man, except when his buttons are pushed.
- Moonshade: Her skills are vast, her brain is tiny. Her father's flaws without his strengths.
- Motoko: The Serpent's Slut. She will rut in the dust as the world burns.
- Mutsumi: Her skills are vast, and all turned to bad ends.
- Naru: My daughter, I am sorry to burden you with the weight of my decisions. In time, you will understand.
- Nausicaa: Slow, clumsy, gullible, fluffy. But she, at least, understood some things most of this family has forgotten.
- Shinobu Minor: If only she would dress better.
- Sumire: Her talents have been too often wasted, but they are broad.
- Thoric: Words cannot describe my disappointment, though I remain impressed by his skills. No one believed me when I said he would be a great warrior one day, and I was right. Unfortunately, his line's tainted blood proved too strong for his decency.
- Vice: Oh, now she has morals.
Spouses of the UnS Generation
- Davros: Wretched little slut, I wish the Serpent's Horn had killed you. It would have been poetic.
- Kaede: A good man, Amber loses by his departure.
- Lily: The mostly honestly a whore of Yumi's daughters.
- Mitsune: Should have died long ago.
- Ruka: A good naval commander who has served Amber well.
- Aburatsubo: Mostly useless.
- Akari: A very strange woman.
- Asuka: In time, Asuka will understand.
- Chloe: Not as clever as she thinks she is.
- Deirdre: When useless people breed, you have to expect them to produce something even more useless.
- Hanajima: Competent, though marred by her sexual immorality.
- Haru: Balancing his way into impotence.
- Jewel: Damn, she lived.
- Kanako: As worthless as I would expect.
- Kaname: It is hard for me to see if she will rise into light or sink into darkness.
- Katherine: Damn, you people are stupid.
- Kurz: Easy to lead around by his dick.
- Kyou: Hmm, still a stupid git, but it looks like he's a TOUGH, stupid git.
- Makoto: The sad thing is that she's the least useless of the Arcadian Princes.
- Martin: A man with potential.
- Melissa: Smarter than I had realized.
- Minako: Her being given a spikard is enough reason to destroy Arcadia by itself.
- Miroku: As the child of two whores, it's appropriate he's a manwhore.
- Allen von Munchausen: I keep wondering why he isn't dead yet.
- Nanami Minor: In time, she'll understand why I did what I did.
- Nanbara: Hmm, may have a bit more of his Father than I thought.
- Orien: Another manwhore.
- Ota Minor: The stupidest man in all of creation.
- Random: Next time you kill Kanako, try to keep her dead.
- Setsuna: He disturbs me.
- Shigure: He uses idiocy to hide his deeper stupidity.
- Shiori: She has potential, but I fear she'll waste it.
- Sousuke: His skills are great, if only he used them more wisely.
- Susanna: The blood grows thin.
- Suzuka: She only inherited some of her mother's stupidity.
- Telemain: Sadly, Telemain blew up the wrong people.
- Tohru: I know little of her, but it sounds like she has grown greatly in skill, which I must respect. What little I hear makes her sound like another fuzzy wimp, though.
- Tomos: He is a manwhore, but at least one who has actual skills.
- Uo: She fights well, but is very stupid and lustful. Still, at least she has not betrayed the crown.
- Violet: Much like her mother, for good and ill.
- Yomiko: Led to treason by lust. How pathetic.
- Yuki: He is a strong, gentle man with the misfortune to be shackled to a perverted idiot who turns into a dog and a curse of his own. Poor soul.