Admiral of the Southern Fleet of Amber
Raised by the Kanzaki family in Ember, she became a childhood friend of Princess Kanna. During the Herald Crisis, It was revealed that Sumire is the daughter of Drake by Nabiki, and was placed in Ember at birth to keep her safe from Drake's enemies. This revelation forced her to break off her on / off romantic relationship with Kentaro. She now serves as Admiral of the Southern Fleet.
Sumire is known to be competant in sorcery, and often wields a naginata known as Koucho-no-Tsubasa (aka "Butterfly's Wing") in combat. She has become a fairly impressive naval leader over the last century.
Drake seems to have decided to engage her to Nanbara. This is generally expected to be likely to get messy.
She recently led a successful investigation of the assassination attempt on Kentaro.
Reactions to others:
- Fuyutsuki: I'm not impressed.
- Gendo: From what I have heard, I am lucky he is dead.
- Anthy: What sort of woman lets her husband appoint an official whore?
- King Tylor: Hard to believe he's done so well.
- Touga: He is a true nobleman, for good and ill.
- Drake: I fail to understand why Father seems to want to drive me into exile.
- Van: Prince Van is very brave and reasonably dignified, though somewhat rash.
- Saionji: His manners are impeccable, his tastes need work.
- Eowyn: She lacks the manners of a princess, but certainly possesses the strength.
- Juri: What an utter disgrace. Poor children, born to such a circumstance and such a set of parents.
- Corrine: She retains Tylor's strengths without his flaws. Impressive.
- Makoto: Poor man; this must be terrible for him.
- Corey: His brain is feeble, and he lacks useful skills other than 'fail to die'.
- Nanami: Her death was a terrible blow to Amber.
- Miki: I feel sorry for Miki. It is good to see him taking responsibility for his children, despite the circumstances.
- Kozue: That this cheap floozy betrayed Amber surprises me little.
- Derith: A pity he lived as long as he did.
- Utena: Unfocused.
- Wakaba: She is an elegant and graceful woman, whose presence is always welcome at my parties.
- Vash: Donuts for brains.
Spouses of the Elders
- Yuriko: Queen Yuriko is an excellent queen and keeps Tylor in line.
- Suu: There is more to her than is readily apparent.
- The Red Knight: A rather canny poker player.
- Nabiki: Mother is often a difficult woman to deal with.
- Tsuwabuki: His losses have been great.
- Madoka: Anyone would be rightfully angry under the circumstances. What a mess.
The TAMD Generation
- Hiko: A raging lunatic whose explosive death was quite predictable.
- Keiko: Elegant and mannered.
- Michelle: I understand she wasn't always a disgrace.
- Mikage: I am not surprised he left us a legacy of death and destruction.
- Nagisa: He is a good and gentle man who has served Rebma well.
- Ramon: While I would expect more elegance of a child of Nanami, he is a good man and someone to be relied on.
- Shaft: No big loss.
- Shinobu Major: I see that her tactical mind is somewhat overrated and her common sense minimal and her maternal instincts non-existant. I hope we can find a suitably painful method of execution.
- Shizumaru: He fights well and his manners are impeccable. A credit to his father.
Spouses and lovers of the TAMD Generation
- Atsuko: Her family must be ashamed.
- Damask: Sometimes annoying and sometimes amusing.
- The Green Knight: Had poor taste in women.
- Gabrielle: Very powerful and not very wise. A bad combination.
- Inaba: Needs to be made into rabbit stew.
- Rimururu: Walking the highway to madness.
The UnS Generation
- Beowulf: He is a man you want on your side when danger threatens.
- Demetrius: A strange man.
- Jacqueline: Is anyone really surprised she has become a rampaging multi-bodied lunatic?
- Kanna: We don't always get along, but she remains a friend, for we understand each other.
- Kentaro: The stars themselves seem to conspire in their courses against us, Kentaro.
- Kuonji: Not always wise, but always clever.
- Lian: Rather like Telemain, she was quite intelligent up to the point where she suddenly became supremely stupid. Unlike Telemain, she didn't take any family members with her.
- Lucien: He was an elegant and graceful man, who, unfortunately, had roughly the diplomatic skills of Ota Minor on crack.
- Moonshade: She acts like a gorilla, but she's brilliant at being a gorilla.
- Motoko: Seems to be working on frittering away what respect she has earned.
- Mutsumi: Grace under pressure.
- Naru: We all make mistakes; I know you will do better.
- Nausicaa: May you find peace.
- Shinobu Minor: This family has too many hussies.
- Thoric: I always thought Fuyutsuki was joking myself. Good luck with your son, Thoric.
- Vice: Should have had her head put in winepress and crushed a century ago.
Spouses of the UnS Generation
- Davros: A dignified man who usually restrains himself. But not always, unfortunately.
- Keitaro: He rules Begma well.
- Kaede: Lady Yuki must be greatly sorrowed.
- Lily: Skanky as ever.
- Mitsune: Hides her fundamentally whorish nature a little better these days.
- Ruka: The good commodore is a lucky man.
- Aburatsubo: He combines the strengths of his parents without the flaws, a rare feat indeed.
- Akari: She has gone from pathetic to dangerous. This is not a move up.
- Anya: She appears to be less worthless and slightly less obnoxious than the rest of the Quartet's children, but time will tell.
- Asuka: She has great talent, but has all the self-control of a dog in heat.
- Chloe: Kozue obviously mated with something higher up the evolutionary ladder than herself to produce Chloe. Not that it would be very hard to find something higher up the ladder than Kozue.
- Deirdre: I appreciate the sentiment, yet her timing was poor and her execution atrocious. No common sense.
- Hanajima: She knows her place and knows her work and is a woman to be commended.
- Haru: A man of words, not deeds.
- Jewel: I am not impressed.
- Kanako: This is what happens to people who foolishly associate with idiots.
- Kaname: She will rule Rebma well one day.
- Katherine: Her record is short, but seems good.
- Kurz: Shake your booty for someone who is about 3000 times more desperate than I am, and maybe you will have some luck.
- Kyou: An ignorant thug.
- Makoto Minor: The best of the Arcadian Princesses. Which is rather like saying 'least addicted crack whore in the brothel'. May eventually be useful for something.
- Melissa: She acts slutty, but can fight well.
- Minako: I appreciate the sentiment, yet your futile gesture probably made it impossible for any attempt to avoid marriage on my part to succeed. Please do not try to help me in moronic ways again.
- Miroku: Continuing his family's tradition of whoring.
- Allen von Munchausen: A complete idiot.
- Nanami Minor: We have little in common, but she performs her duties well.
- Nanbara: I am not going to marry him, regardless of what Father thinks.
- Orien: Might make a good throw rug.
- Ota Minor: Needs castration badly.
- Random: She has great talent which she wasts utterly and completely.
- Setsuna: A raving lunatic.
- Shigure: Well, if Chaos is satisfied with his work, that's their business.
- Shiori: Living up to her potential, unlike many.
- Sousuke: He is a good man, loyal and brave and polite. I am not sure he is up to the challenge of leadership, though.
- Suzuka: We shall have to see.
- Telemain: What a tragedy.
- Tohru: Too soon to be sure what she will make of herself, though she seems to be risking too much breadth of talent with insufficient depth.
- Tomos: He served well under me.
- Uo: Has too much mouth, but obeys once she shuts up.
- Violet: An improvement on the rest of her family.
- Yomiko: Apparently stupider than I realized.
- Yuki: Handsome and polite, a cunning fighter and gentle man.