Five great superweapons were built (or grown) in the latter days of the Second Sidar Empire, during the factionalization that led to the GodsWar. While many other things made by the elemental factions were nearly as nasty, the five weapons listed below were the most noteable for both their size and their potency. Each faction was secretive on how they really operated and what their most powerful weapons were, but as they were used during the GodsWar against the Outsiders and each other, some rudimentary knowledge of their capabilities remain.
In the wake of the GodsWar, the superweapons were lost to history, believed destroyed or lost at the same time as the falling of the Towers...
- Mageddon : The Metal Faction superweapon, it was a self-willed ship the size of a small planet or moon, capable of driving its foes insane with powerful psychic emissions, turning them against each other. For centuries, the original Mageddon was trapped within an isolated universe within the vicinity of the Akashan League. During the Herald Crisis, the League of Taylors attempted to release Mageddon by finding the wormhole point which had been used to trap Mageddon. However, in its following escape attempt, its wormhole conduit was closed, dropping the ship into the Void. It was later discovered there, having driven great masses of lesser Outsiders (more) insane killing themselves, and was destroyed before it could escape from the Void proper.
A smaller version of Mageddon was being built by Boston and Telmar, the Fate-Simulacra copies of Shiori and Telemain, in Telemain's old fortress shadow from stolen copies of the plans, but the newer Mageddon was destroyed before it could be expanded to full size.
- The LEXX : The Wood Faction superweapon, the LEXX was a gigantic organic ship the shape of a wingless dragonfly that destroyed planets for sustenance and power with its main weapon. After the fall of the Second Empire, the LEXX somehow ended up in the Abyss, where it was modified to allow it to safely cruise the depths (since its main powerplant's means of gaining fuel (destroying things) was very ameinable to Abyssal modification). It changed hands between Abyss Masters for many centuries, only recently surfacing while Prince Orien's team were attempting to destroy one of the Eyes of the Violator. In the subsequent assault, the LEXX was maneuvered into attacking their enemy's planet and Beholder-Ship, and the two were annahilated.
- Leviathan : The Water Faction superweapon, it had a special weapon for making sea creatures obey it, thereby turning its enemy's armies against them. Its commander was Tokimi, one of Crab's Inheritors and the one who stayed loyal to the Water Faction. The Leviathan's final fate, and that of its commander, is unknown.
- Tiamat : The Fire Faction superweapon, it had dozens of miniaturized suns inside it, letting it use solar flares as weapons. Its final fate is unknown.
- The Shadow Wind : The Air Faction superweapon, it used phase technologies, letting it phase in and attack, then phase out, letting attacks pass through it. It was rumored that the Shadow Wind was built copying some method used by some form of Outsider to do that. Again, its final fate is unknown.
Versions of these superweapons also existed in the Arcadiaverse. Random was recent assigned to track them down.Their fates:
- Arcadia-Mageddon was given to the Fae 'Great Lord Forge' by a group calling themselves the Nomad Artificers. It was part of the Terrible Secret of Space discovered by Chloe, Random and company. Space has a terrible power. It was captured and turned over to Arcadia.
- The Arcadia-LEXX was likewise recovered.
- Arcadia-Leviathan as well.
- Arcadia-Tiamat is apparently ensconed in a House Catala installation, being refitted by Ex-Wu-Drake.
- The Arcadia-Shadow Wind was apparently destroyed, although no body was ever found.