Suzuka, Newly-Minted Daughter of Motoko and Loewen
o/~Well, I'm a wicked young lady / But I've been trying hard lately... o/~
"She stood atop a crooked stone pillar, cobbled together with the blood-soaked, mis-matched rubble of destroyed buildings, red and white and grey brick soaked with red. She had grown wan and stretched since my last attempt at a card, as if put through some sort of crimper. Her battle costume was fraying and the dye from its colored borders was running, bleeding red and purple into the white interior; perhaps this was why she now wore a large, thick, heavy mantle, covering her nearly from head to toe; I discerned her swords wrapped tightly in a bundle and stowed within it. The classic beauty of her face was marred by the spiderweb of scars that now encircled her eyes, small fine lines with scalpel-clear borders. Behind her was the crazy vortex of a chaosian sky in full change, red and green and blue and grey and other swirling nameless colors in turbulent rainbow vortex. She held a broken stone in her upraised hand, and around her head swirled a blazing halo of equations in gold and crimson, numbers of the ancient world."
Suzuka, by her own and Kanako's admission, appears to have been 'born' at the same time as Kanako and Nanbara, despite the fact that she was never actually conceived. She was apparently tethered to Kanako in some fashion, and grew up and spent the vast majority of her existence to this point in time as a ghost, following Kanako around; evidence exists that Death had some sort of agenda relevant to her and actively intervened to fuck up her birth. She attained semi-solid status after Kanako's first unfortunate death at the hands of Random gave her access to the soul-batteries of Nemuro Hall, and was granted a fully independent existence by poorly-understood means within Tir'na Nog as a consolation prize for failing the quest for Wings of the Dragon.
While enjoying some initial successes, Suzuka made the mistake of badmouthing Fate and Destiny to Fuyutsuki and got booted out of the universe for her trouble. While off in a parallel reality she compounded her mistake by taking candy from strangers, resulting in her unleashing an Outsider portal upon the universe and then walking into the Logrus carrying a Logrus-killing Gloom Device, killing quite a lot of the population of Chaos, provoking a Chaosian Succession Crisis, and catapulting past Derith to seize his crown in the 'near-destruction of a primal sigil' sweepstakes.
She is currently working for the Serpent to expiate her crimes.
Personality and Aptitudes
Suzuka, along with her sister Anya, represent living and final proof the fact that none of Motoko's children inherited her tact at all. Her social skills appear to be very sub-par, perhaps owing to the fact that she has never quite had anyone to be social with before aside from Kanako. She is not icy in the manner Kanako; while initially she displayed a tendency to be subdued, she has grown icnreasingly erratic and prone to sudden mood swings as she demonstrates little ability to control strong emotions well, probably due to lack of practice. She posesses great skill with a blade, and a strong mind as well, though she cannot be counted among the premier minds of her peer group, but she seems to have inherited her mother's physical shortcomings, through she is tolerably tough. Initially neautral on the matter, she eventually developing feelings of antipathy towards the Powers that make Kanako's pale in comparison, especially a very virulent anti-Pattern bias.
Reactions to Others
- Anno: Sometimes, I thought he was looking at me.
- Atleby: Half as lucky and twice as skilled as his son.
- Cho: Corey.
- Hoji: Freak.
- Kodachi: Mmm.
- Loewen: Father could be a much better man than he feels he can allow himself to be, which saddens me. I fear for the future of his relationship with Kanako; the arranged marriages strike me as eiter an act of utter lunacy that will rip the House apart or something so clever we will never see through it until it comes to fruition.
- Mataka: Genetics strikes again.
- Usui: Deserves more respect and credit than he is given. Should be in charge of the Ten Swords instead of Hoji.
- Yuki: The bright reflection of her aunt.
- Fuyutsuki: Why are the very talented ones always mad?
- Gendo: He sounds like some manner of unholy fusion between the worst aspects of father and of Minor.
- Anthy: I need to have a talk with her. I suspect I will need to take a number.
- Tylor: Age brings wisdom.
- Touga: I have a bad feeling.
- Drake: I am told that many men eventually become their fathers.
- Van: Loyal and trustworthy and strong. Fluffy wings.
- Saionji: I do not understand his bad reputation.
- Eowyn: Rough-hewn.
- Juri: Lapsed in judgement lately, but I expect will recover from it with poise. Has been very accomodating.
- Corrine: Pleasant, but in that uncomfortable way.
- Corey: Minor with the mean parts cut off.
- Makoto: A homebody, like Kanako.
- Nanami: I weep for what I have missed.
- Miki: He is not handling the situation as well as he might, but having glimpsed his state of mind and cannot entirely blame him. Given time I am sure he will make the right decisions.
- Kozue: Traitorous but not evil.
- Utena: Defanged.
- Wakaba: Come and see.
- Vash: I understand good things come in small packages.
Spouses of the Elders
- Yuriko: Not all those who cover themselves in glory do so in obvious ways.
- Suu: If this is the responsible one, I shudder to imagine Lian.
- The Red Knight: Large and red.
- Nabiki: Sharp as a tack under the avarice.
- Tsuwabuki: I hope he is not just bottling it up inside.
- Madoka: I understand but do not condone some of her recent actions.
The TAMD Generation
- Keiko: Grandmother gives the best advice of anybody in the entire family.
- Michelle: A cup of exquisite wine diluted in a sea of water.
- Mikage: He might have left behind an owners manual. Or a will, for that matter.
- Nagisa: Pale. Interesting, I suppose, if you like that sort of thing.
- Ramon: Pleasant without being cloying; nice without being stupid.
- Shinobu Major: Evil and twisted. It remains to be seen if this was by the hand of others or if somebody really could be that stupid and rage-filled all on their own.
- Shizumaru: Mother thinks highly of him, and he did spend fifty years in prison so the family would not be embarassed diplomatically.
Spouses and lovers of the TAMD Generation
- Damask: Don't point that at me.
- Atsuko: The cat which ate the proverbial canary.
- Gabrielle: Perhaps you should spend some time with her, Kanako.
- Inaba: And how many other worms have we clutched to our bosom, hmm? I will deal with your masters soon enough.
- Rimururu: Bitch.
The UnS Generation
- Beowulf: Wakaba without the steel.
- Demetrius: My, what a big ship.
- Jacqui: She is nice, but it seems that is all she is.
- Dr. Jacqueline: Washuu uses the Broken Pattern. What is your excuse?
- The Bride: A mad dog. One day, there will not be somebody there to stop her, and she will do something terrible and need to be put down. I look forward to this day.
- Kanna: Nobody is like this in real life.
- Kentaro: Prince of two kingdoms, vital to neither.
- Kuonji: Look at her and contemplate, Kanako.
- Moonshade: I tried unproductively to imitate her for many years before realizing I would simply never, ever be strong enough to do so.
- Motoko: Mother has been good to me and to Kanako. I am very happy. Certain thorny issues remain between us, however.
- Mutsumi: Something nasty lurks inside her pillow-soft exterior.
- Naru: Smart, fast, strong, and sensible. A credit to her famil- to the House of Rebma.
- Nausicaa: VERY surprising.
- Shinobu Minor: Lily had the dress sesne first and had it better.
- Sumire: Kanako and I will help you any way we can.
- Thoric: A good, strong man who Mother has taken horrible advantage of.
- Vice: Kanako's dear friend; I hope she can be my friend to.
Spouses of the UNS Generation
- Davros: We have absolutly nothing in common but no differences either.
- Kaede: Hit like a hammer and was nearly as intelligent.
- Keitaro: Quiet and unassuming and possessed of a strange kind of luck to the point of absurdity.
- Lily: And they call Yomiko names...
- Mitsune: Fun to be around and smart when she wants to be.
- Ruka: Hnnnnn....
- Aburatsubo: Kind and thoughtful.
- Akari: Needs to actually study her skills rather than relying upon raw, uninformed talent.
- Asuka: A dedicated and brave warrior. A credit to her parents.
- Chloe: Not crazy in the same way Inaba is not crazy.
- Deirdre: Fortunatly does not realize how much Kanako would willingly compromise herself to help her if she asked.
- Hanajima: Listened to the wisdom of her elders, and is better for it.
- Haru: Unorthodox, but perhaps effective.
- Jewel: The most intelligent among her siblings. Has joined them in having a terribly bad week.
- Kanako: She is changing, and I am not sure it is for the better.
- Kaname: Not as angry as she might be.
- Kurz: A sound marksman.
- Kyou: Strong in the wrong ways.
- Makoto Minor: A credit to Thoric.
- Melissa: Fights well and wisely, a rare combination.
- Minako: Beautiful and wise and kind and... ah. In any event, I owe her much. I hope she and Kanako do not drive each other mad.
- Miroku: Entertaining and intelligent and utterly refuses to see his own flaws.
- Allen von Munchausen: What have I done?
- Nanami Minor: Extraordinarily lucky and angry about it.
- Nanbara: Seems to have gotten it together. I am very surprised.
- Orien: This one has rusted in the sheath.
- Ota Minor: And this one should learn well when to use one.
- Random: There WILL be time later.
- Setsuna: A good, strong man who IS NOT MY LOVER!
- Shigure: The still pond casts reflections to hide it's depths.
- Shiori: Sings well. Fights better.
- Sousuke: *muffled chuckling*
- Telemain: All of his good sense and intelligence poured out of him into his work, it seems.
- Tohru: Learned absolutly the wrong lessons from Mother.
- Tomos: Touch me again and it will not go nearly so well for you, -Captain-.
- Uotani: Probably borken in some horrible way. Like all the rest of us.
- Violet: A sharp and playful mind. This apparently applies to her body as well.
- Yomiko: Kanako and I and Setsuna will always care for you.
- Yuki: Strong in the right ways. Perhaps.
Suzuka habitually carries a pair of wooden bokkens and wears an Ohtori Academy Class of 1354 ring.