Yuki, 'Prince'of Souma
"I have never liked changes; strange, I know, for a Chaosian. But she never lets me rest in my certainties."
"He stood on the Embassy steps, clad in his usual well-cut black jacket, white shirt, and black pants, offset by his pale skin and short, neatly combed blue-black hair. His smile was gentle, his eyes dark and full of sadness which belied the smile. His stance combined confidence and furtiveness, but he was graceful as well. He was noble, but not one in the fullness of strength, if one looked carefully. Oddly, a knocked out orange cat lay at his feet."
Born in 1363, Yuki is the son of Martos and Miria of House Souma. His father died in a primal Chaos disaster when he was five, and his mother withered away. This left him in the hands of his uncle, Akito, the head of the house, who raised him to age 14.
At age 14, Yuki was fostered in House Helgram, where he studied under Anji, who introduced him to the martial arts. Under Anji's tutelage, he grew in strength and skill. At the age of 21, he walked the Logrus, and vanished into Shadow for years, studying under various masters of shadow.
In 1404, Yuki returned from Shadow, and spent a decade training in House Suroth under Nilota and Xaemyl. He then returned to House Souma in 1414. In 1420, he was sent to Amber, assigned to help bodyguard the new Ambassador, Shigure. He has served in Amber ever since.
Personality and Aptitudes
Yuki is a strange mixture of outgoingness and shyness. He seeks out others, then keeps his distance. It is hard to get to know him well, but he is always polite and kind to everyone.
Yuki loves to garden and grow things, and also enjoys listening to music and reading a good book.
He is one of the premier martial artists of this generation, though he isn't as strong or endurant as the other three. He's a shifter of some skill, and is known to have strengthened his basic forms through intense study with masters of House Suroth. He is also a Logrus Adept.
Like all the cursed Soumas, he turns into an animal, in his case, a mouse, when hugged or shocked or tired and weak.
Reactions to others:
- Anji: May you find the peace you seek, Anji.
- Atleby: A loud mouthed braggart, but he means well.
- Baruch: He seems a man who will govern well, but he must miss his family.
- Cho: I cannot pretend I liked him much, but Kurz will. I am sorry for his sake.
- Hoji: A hard worker who does his work well.
- Kodachi: Her gardens flourish, and all she has touched has turned to gold.
- Loewen: Every garden needs a man unafraid to prune.
- Mataka: An iron fist under a velvet glove.
- Talia: Poor lady. She deserved better.
- Yuki: It hasn't been easy for her lately, either.
- Akito: I serve our Lord, as do we all.
- Ayame: It is hard to tell when he is wise and when he is being silly.
- Hatsuharu: I wonder how he will react. I hope all will be better in the end, 'twixt him and I than with Kyou and Kagura.
- Kagura: I sorrow for her; she loved so long and lost it all.
- Kisa: Becoming a tiger in truth.
- Momiji: He is good at cheering people up.
- Ritsu-chan: I am sorry that you are sorry.
- Fuyutsuki: A very strange man.
- Gendo: He gave up his life for his nation.
- Anthy: A woman of much wisdom.
- King Tylor: A king should be more serious and dedicated.
- Touga: I hope we will never face each other across a field of combat.
- Drake: The greatest of generals, and he knows it too well.
- Van: A brave hero, from what I have heard.
- Saionji: He needs to learn restraint.
- Eowyn: Poor woman.
- Juri: An elegant and refined soldier and an intelligent scholar.
- Corrine: I wonder how anyone can smile so much.
- Makoto: This was probably inevitable.
- Corey: Perhaps the most perfect of all idiots. Especially with Cho dead.
- Nanami: Her death was a waste. I feel sorrow for her.
- Miki: I hope his luck improves in the future.
- Kozue: Passion is dangerous, as she has demonstrated.
- Utena: It is not easy to forget past injuries, I know.
- Wakaba: Her restraint has preserved her good name.
- Vash: I am glad to see him returned.
Spouses of the Elders
- Madoka: Pushed to the wall, anyone will show their fangs.
- Nabiki: I cannot see what she sees in Drake.
- The Red Knight: I have never met him.
- Suu: *shudder*
- Tsuwabuki: Poor man; I feel sorry for him. His house has not done well these last few weeks.
- Yuriko: The real ruler of Amber.
The TAMD Generation
- Keiko: Do not worry; I will treat her well.
- Michelle: Perhaps this is a new beginning for her.
- Mikage: I cannot pretend I am pained by his death, but I know Amber will miss his skills.
- Ramon: I assure you, my intentions are entirely honorable, and I love her deeply. Yes, it is amazing how you can fold that bumper with your toes.
- Shinobu Major: This is what happens when you allow yourself to believe that all possible means can be justified.
- Shizumaru: I know. I know. But it is the lesson I have learned; sometimes, one has to step out of what one knows and risk the future.
Spouses and lovers of the TAMD Generation
- Atsuko: Someone her age ought to know better.
- Damask: Proof that Genius and Madness are seperated by a hair's breadth.
- Gabrielle: Strange, very strange.
- Inaba: Proof that love is blind. And deaf. And lacking in memory.
- Rimururu: The future is an undiscovered country. I hope you will find the strength to explore it more freely now.
The UnS Generation
- Beowulf: A kind-hearted man who is good to have on one's side in a crisis.
- Demetrius: He reminds me of Damask.
- Jacqueline: I fear she will never be healed, for her Pattern locks her in her current state, and should it be destroyed to free her, she will die. A tragedy.
- Kanna: A good woman, but a tad gullible.
- Kentaro: Polite and refined.
- Kuonji: Something about him makes me very uncomfortable.
- Moonshade: I enjoy sparring with her.
- Motoko: I begin to wonder what exactly she is thinking.
- Mutsumi: She leaps into intimacy with people too quickly and easily.
- Naru: A potent warrior and a cunning scholar.
- Nausicaa: At least she did not have to go alone.
- Shinobu Minor: I think she will make a good leader for Aesir.
- Sumire: Drake will learn she is not a woman wise men annoy.
- Thoric: I wonder if Alexander will call him father or mother.
- Vice: Whatever her parentage, it is unwise to clasp a viper to one's bosom.
Spouses of the UnS Generation
- Davros: An excellent priest of Pindin and a skillful fighter as well.
- Kaede: At least he got to go with her.
- Lily: Most women stop trying to attract men once they get married.
- Mitsune: I do not like practical jokes at all.
- Ruka: A good man, from what little I have seen of him.
- Aburatsubo: He seems to be doing well with Shiori and Orien and Katherine. I wonder if a new Quartet is forming.
- Akari: The way has been long and dark for her and lined with corpses, but I think things are finally looking up. I wish her well.
- Anya: She seems a nice person at heart, but also has no tact whatsoever, in an innocent way.
- Asuka: Despite her feud with Alars, she has served Chaos well in our time of need. That is most commendable.
- Chloe: Chaos has had a fortunate friend in her, strangely enough.
- Deirdre: A little too intimate with everyone she meets. And not very bright.
- Hanajima: A wise woman who knows more than I realized.
- Haru: I am sorry for his recent misfortunes.
- Jewel: You will be polite to Nanami, or you will regret it.
- Kanako: I will mourn her loss; she was a credit to Chaos.
- Kaname: She may make a fine ruler, if she doesn't drive everyone insane first.
- Kurz: He's a letch, but also someone who stands up for his friends.
- Kyou: Treat her well, Kyou, or I will break you.
- Makoto: She is a blessing to her kingdom and a friend to be treasured, lovely and strong.
- Melissa: She's rather lovely, but not my type.
- Minako: What goes around, comes around.
- Miroku: Come, there is work to be done.
- Allen von Munchausen: Life around him IS 'but a dream'. Sometimes not a very clever dream.
- Nanami Minor: She is my love, the fire of my heart, who pulled me from my nightmare into the light. I will stand by her side, though the night rise against us and all the forces of the world turn on us. Her enemies are my enemies, her friends, my friends. I am the mouse she has made a man.
- Nanbara: He seems to cover himself with glory.
- Orien: Be nice to Aburatsubo. He is a good man.
- Ota Minor: Like Kyou, but worse.
- Random: The more I know her, the harder she is to understand.
- Setsuna: Hmmm.
- Shigure: I don't know whether to tell him or Minako to start running.
- Shiori: Most impressive. House Helgram owes her a great debt, I see.
- Sousuke: I am glad to see your house has survived the storm, Lord Sousuke.
- Suzuka: I would say she combines the worst features of her parents, but that would be an improvement.
- Telemain: A good man who apparently never learned when to not dabble.
- Tohru: I sorrow for you, my old friend, and I hope I can eventually help you in some way.
- Tomos: A warrior of skill, a gentleman of refinement. I count him a friend.
- Uo: Be gentle with Miroku. He has earned a few breaks.
- Violet: Elegant, refined, deadly. Impressive in every way.
- Yomiko: Her loyalty exceeds her intellect.
Yuki carries twin magical blades which also transform into soft silk gloves (but continue to do magically enhanced damage if he hits someone with them).
Like the other Soumas, he is rather twitchy about this Wind Dragon, which apparently helped curse his family...
Yuki assisted in the recent defeat of Saruman. He has since lost a duel with Kyou, much to his surprise.
Yuki has since gone to the Castle in the Sky with Nanami Minor, lived a very long life as an eventual Prince of Amber, and been publically revealed to be Minor's lover and proud of it.
He still denies being Miki or a child thereof.
Released from his duties for now by Random, he has gone to stay with Nanami a while.