Queen Yuriko Star I
Daughter of Queen Moire of Rebma and Count Yamato
"Stop slouching, husband,"--whispered by Queen Yuriko at a reception to her husband.
"She's a woman I can respect and do business with. She gets things done and keeps the royal government efficient and effective. The perfect match for Tylor,"--Horatio Walpole, ex-head of the KTC.
"Even my best pratfalls don't work on this woman. I think she sold her sense of humor to the Narwhale for power or something"--Krusty the Royal Fool
Yuriko is the hyper-efficient daughter of Queen Moire of Rebma, now married to King Tylor. They form a good pair, as her efficiency counters his laziness, while he keeps her from becoming so tightly wound that she explodes. She has yet to successfully produce any children, which has caused some grumbling at court. Queen Yuriko has extensive military experience in Rebma's underwater navy, and met Tylor during a joint military operation.
Queen Yuriko is bodyguarded by Vash. She is a full partner of her husband and weilds vast authority, especially when he is sick. This is known to irritate some of the nobility. She is known to be on good terms with Prince Kentaro and Ambassador Sumire, and on fairly good terms with most of the rest of the Herald-era generation. She has been known to lecture Jacqueline about being more careful, Lily about wearing more clothing, and Mitsune about causing less trouble, though. Like her husband, she has spent a lot of time with Lord Keitaro, and seems to largely treat him as if he was her son.
Offered the throne of Rebma at the end of the Herald Crisis, she refused it on the grounds that she couldn't keep Tylor out of trouble if she ruled Rebma too.
Queen Yuriko is known to find Orien useless, Random quite aggravating, and to favor Asuka and Kaname. Queen Yuriko really, really can't stand Baron von Munchausen. She tends to become twitch-tastic when in the presence of Setsuna for long.
Yuriko seems quite unhappy over the death of Telemain, Nanami, and Mikage in the recent battle in shadow.
She has recently become pregnant, finally.
REACTIONS TO OTHERS:
- Fuyutsuki: You know, you could have told us.
- Gendo: He would have been a much better king if he'd ever been able to keep it in his pants.
- Anthy: I am glad she is still with us.
- King Tylor: My beloved husband, who only needs a beating every so often.
- Touga: A little too in love with his own mysteriousness.
- Drake: I'm surprised Gendo never beat him to death.
- Van: A little too reckless.
- Saionji: Inherited his father's flaws without the strengths.
- Eowyn: She has redeemed herself.
- Juri: Needs to learn to keep her pants on.
- Corrine: Corrine has become an excellent queen.
- Makoto: A much better administrator than comedian.
- Corey: Urge to kill, rising.
- Nanami: She has served Amber well. It is terrible to lose someone when they have finally found happiness.
- Miki: I hope this won't wreck his marriage.
- Kozue: I wish I could pretend I was surprised at all.
- Utena: Utena remains as noble as ever.
- Wakaba: She is full of life and joy.
- Vash: He means well, in his own fumbling way.
Spouses of the Elders
- Madoka: I won't get offended if you were to slap Juri around a few dozen times.
- Nabiki: She has earned her position.
- The Red Knight: He is a good man.
- Suu: Thankfully does not visit often.
- Tsuwabuki: You have my sympathy, my friend. I know you loved her greatly.
The TAMD Generation
- Keiko: She has earned what she has.
- Michelle: What a waste of a once dignified princess.
- Mikage: I regret his death.
- Nagisa: His father can be proud of him, despite his recent problems.
- Ramon: A good man to have on your side.
- Shinobu Major: I expected better than this. She will get what she deserves, death.
- Shizumaru: His patience and kindness can be a model to us all.
Spouses and lovers of the TAMD Generation
- Atsuko: Her family must be ashamed.
- Damask: Best kept at a distance.
- Gabrielle: She worries me.
- Inaba: I am quite surprised and saddened.
- Rimururu: It has not been her century.
The UnS Generation
- Beowulf: He is a good and wise prince, a strong warrior and a man who knows well the burden of having to clean up after idiots.
- Demetrius: He wobbles between brilliance and stupidity.
- Jacqueline: The rationale of making her the creator of a universe escapes me completely.
- Kanna: Do not send her on black ops.
- Kentaro: He is a dignified and graceful prince and a good ambassador.
- Kuonji: To be trusted roughly as far as I can throw the Pattern. With my toes.
- Moonshade: Her best side is rarely seen, sadly.
- Motoko: I wish I could say I am more surprised.
- Mutsumi: She impresses me far more than I once ever expected.
- Naru: You'll do better, I know.
- Nausicaa: I will miss her; she was a very pleasant friend.
- Shinobu Minor: While I do not like her style, she has done well and avoided being an idiot, unlike many family members.
- Sumire: Sumire continues to serve Amber with elegance and grace. She has my respect. And my sympathy for having to marry Nanbara.
- Thoric: *looks at Tylor thoughtfully*
- Vice: My husband is more merciful than I.
Spouses of the UnS Generation
- Davros: Very good at what he does, not so wise of late in what he does.
- Kaede: Poor man.
- Lily: Why she dresses like something she is not is beyond me.
- Mitsune: Starting to look good by comparison.
- Ruka: I expect he will be a Grand Admiral one day.
- Aburatsubo: He has served Amber well, and I hope his heart will heal soon.
- Akari: I suppose the Phoenix wanted a fixer-upper.
- Anya: Was not spanked enough as a child, I see.
- Asuka: Asuka has served Amber well, but I fear she may do something stupid to change that.
- Chloe: Interesting.
- Deirdre: She has all the common sense of a weasel on crack.
- Hanajima: Dignified and elegant and a little creepy.
- Haru: You can do better.
- Jewel: I suppose she thinks she can mouth off to anyone she likes because the Logrus is her parent.
- Kanako: I feel sorry for Momiji.
- Kaname: She will be a good queen one day, if she restrains her temper.
- Kurz: He needs to learn when not to flirt, but can be very competent when properly guided.
- Kyou: Too busy playing King of the Mountain to make much of himself.
- Makoto Minor: She ought to be the heir, after having her ability to say the word 'Dios' surgically removed.
- Melissa: She looks skanky, but is actually quite competent.
- Minako: Slime mold scraped from under a refrigerator would be more useful. Making Wu-Sakura heir to the throne of Arcadia would be wiser than her.
- Miroku: He seems to be starting to show he is something more than a male prostitute. And it only took a century.
- Allen Von Munchausen: Needs a daily beating for a century.
- Nanami Minor: She has served Amber well, if often crankily.
- Nanbara: Can't even manage to have his parent's flaws, let alone their strengths.
- Orien: Doesn't run around causing trouble, unlike SOME people.
- Ota Minor: Dropped on his head too many times as a baby, I see.
- Random: Needs to get her act together. Extremely. Has dragged Juri down into the mire with her.
- Setsuna: Please get a new and less stupid delusion.
- Shigure: He is eerily like my husband.
- Shiori: A shining star of her generation. Except for liking Rush.
- Sousuke: Lord Sousuke is a good soldier.
- Suzuka: Demonstrates that a century of observation does not equal a century of experience.
- Telemain: He not only erred, but took others with him.
- Tohru: Likely in for a shock down the road.
- Tomos: Sometimes, even Tylor boggles.
- Uo: She needs to learn when to shut up.
- Violet: She has fulfilled every trust placed in her.
- Yomiko: Extremely disappointing.
- Yuki: He is a good and gentle man.