Auction Lot Descriptions
Dworkin's Lab Assistant
- Stats: +12 Psyche, additional +5 Psyche Finesse, +4 Endurance
- Skills: Alchemy, Note-taking, Sketching
- Powers: 10 points of powers plus access to an additional 10 points in your choice of Sorcery, Trump, or Advanced Pattern.
- Allies: +4 to Dworkin's favor. +1 to Bleys and Fiona's favor.
"Not long after Patternfall, Dworkin was afflicted by an apparent relapse of insanity and illness, due to the adjustments in Shadow caused by Corwin's new pattern. During this time you watched over him, doing your best to make sure that he did no harm to himself, others, or the universe."
- Stats: +8 Psychic Finesse, +16 Psychic Power, +9 Mental Endurance
- Powers: 10 points of any Basic Shapeshifting powers plus access to all basic level Shapeshifting powers, or access to 30 points of advanced Shapeshifting powers of your choice. Any single Trump Trick, regardless of prerequisites.
- Allies: +8 to Dworkin's favor. -4 to Fiona's favor. +1 to Bleys'and Random's favor.
Fiona's Lab Assistant
"Fiona has made it known that she is looking for an assistant to help with certain delicate mystical experiments. It's been whispered she's considering a few people already, and that they might do well to impress her."
- Stats: +14 Psychic Finesse, +8 Psychic Power, +6 Mental Endurance
- Skills: Magical Theory, Dishwashing
- Powers: 10 points of any level of Magick powers. Access to 10points of Magick or Advanced Pattern powers.
- Allies: +5 to Fiona's Favor.
Investigation with Fiona
"Random has asked Fiona to investigate a series of bizarre ritual murders going on throughout the Golden Circle. She's got clearance to take someone with her to help track and flush out the killer."
- Stats: +9 Psyche, +4 Warfare, +1 Strength
- Skills: Investigation, Ritual Practices
- Powers: 15 points of basic Pattern powers. Choice of access to any two from: Pattern Sight, Scrying Lens, Shadow Short Cut, Double Speed Shadow manipulation.
- Allies: (SPECIAL) If the lot goes for more than 12 points, the investigation is a success; +8 Fiona's favor, +6 Random's favor, +4 favor in the GC. If the winning bid is less than 12, the investigation is a failure; -4 Fiona's favor, +2 Random's favor.
"During the patternfall war and preceding troubles, something you did was part of Brand's master plan. Maybe you did it willingly, maybe not; either way you've been forgiven, at least officially, for your part."
- Stats: +8 Psyche, +3 Endurance, +8 Tactics
- Skills: Subterfuge, Misdirection
- Powers: Access to Trump Sketches, Power Words, and Power Word Boost, plus5 points towards purchase of any one of those. 5 points of Basic Pattern powers.
- Allies: -2 to Random's Favor. -3 to Corwin's Favor.
- Items: One free 2pt damage crossbow.
- Special: For every point above 15 this goes for, player gets a 1 point free bonus to their bid in the Werewindle auction.
Campaigning with Benedict
"A series of raids on the borders of Begma revealed the presence of a large horde of well organized barbarians. Benedict has been asked to clean them out. Shouldn't take more than a couple months, but he's going to need men who can carry out his orders."
- Stats: +16 Tactics, +12 Weaponskills, +4 Warfare, +2 Strength, +2 Endurance
- Skills: Specialty Weapon Technique of choice.
- Powers: 5 points of basic Pattern powers.
- Allies: +4 to Benedict's Favor
- Items: 4pt Damage sword or axe, taken from a barbarian leader.
Campaigning with Gerard
"Several of the border territories around Rebma have been subject to raids from some overly bold pirates. Gerard is on his way to clean them out, and is assembling a crew."
- Stats: +8 to Weapon Skills, +10 to Martial Arts, +6 to Physical Strength, +1 Endurance
- Skills: Sailing, Shipboard Combat
- Powers: 5 points of basic Pattern powers.
- Allies: +5 Gerard's Favor, +2 Caine's Favor, -1 Llewella's Favor
- Special: If this goes for over 10, every two points over is good for one point free on bids for any naval positions. Additionally every point over 15 is one point free on the bid for Llewella's Rescuer.
Gerard's Sparring Partner
"To stay the best you've got to practice, even for an Amberite. Gerard is looking for a sparring partner. He promises not to go too hard on you, at least, at first."
- Stats: +20 to Physical Strength, +8 to Martial Arts, +8 to Physical Endurance, +2 Mental Endurance
- Skills: Grappling, Submission holds
- Allies: +7 Gerard's Favor
Attache to Flora's Diplomatic Mission
"Flora, ever busy, has been tapped for a diplomatic mission to several Golden Circle Shadows and their trading partners, hoping to strengthen Amber's relations and gain favorable trading concessions. She's taking a whole host of diplomats and some others with... special talents with her. Expect to be wined and dined and discussed just out of earshot."
- Stats: +6 to Warfare, +6 to Endurance, +2 Mental Endurance
- Skills: Diplomacy, Trading Negations, Schmoozing, Etiquette
- Allies: +3 Flora's Favor, +2 GC allies.
- Special: If the bid goes above 15, the mission was especially successful and a further +2 Random's Favor, +6 Flora'sfavor, and +4 GC favor is awarded.
Julian's Training Dummy
"In order to keep his ranger's sharp, Julian has used you to be a training dummy, demonstrating all manner of martial, hunting, and woodland techniques with you. Not that you were particularly willing to be the dummy, but hey, that's not Julian's problem, is it?"
- Stats: +6 Warfare, +5 Strength, +5 Endurance
- Skills: Tracking, Hunting, Woodlands survival, Animal Husbandry.
- Allies: -6 Julian's Favor, +2 Arden Ranger's Favor, +1 Fiona's favor
- Items: If the winning bid is over 10, a horse with 2pt speed takes a liking to you.
King Random's Day Off
"As much as King Random has turned out to be a surprisingly effective monarch, he's still a bit footloose and fancy free. Every now and again, he takes off into Shadow for a quick vacation, usually leaving Gerard or Benedict in charge. Sometimes he takes Vialle, sometimes he goes with Martin. One day, you might happen to be the one on hand. Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Has anyone seen Prince Bueller? Expect fast cars, loose wim-mens, and all sorts of chaos and confusion."
- Stats: +3 Endurance, +2 Strength, +1 Tactics, +2 Psychic Finesse, +3 Warfare.
- Skills: Power Drinking, Driving Really Fast, Jazz Improv, Speed Seduction, and Gambling.
- Allies: +6 Random's Favor, +2 Vialle's Favor, -1 Martin's Favor
- Powers: 5 points of basic Pattern powers.
- Shadow: Build a 6pt Shadow for free, where an accident involving a mixed drink, two blonde twins, and an ancient prophecy left you as the god and protector of the people.
- Special: +5 points towards JoJ? attunement, however this does not give the option to spend points to start the game attuned.
Investigating Corwin's Pattern
"Corwin's Pattern briefly disappeared, causing a variety of odd effects in Shadow. The Elders are all off dealing with repercussions, so Random asks you to go ask Corwin what's going on and to please to be stopping with that."
- Stats: +15 Endurance, +8 Weapon Skills, +4 Psychic Power
- Skills: Epic Storytelling
- Powers: 5 points of Basic Pattern powers. 10 points of any Advanced Pattern skills. Permission to walk Corwin's Pattern, which costs 10 points and enables you to walk through the unique Shadows around it, as well as the normal benefits of a Pattern Imprint.
- Info: How to locate and approach Corwin's Pattern.
- Allies: +4 Corwin's Favor, -2 Fiona's Favor
Campaigning with Bleys
"Bleys sweeps into town, rounding up some of his trusted lieutenants. He's found some battle of in Shadow that he intends to win, and might just invite you along for the ride."
- Stats: +5 Psyche, +5 Warfare, +4 Endurance, +3 Strength
- Skills: Panache
- Powers: 10 points in your choice of Magick, Advanced Pattern, or Trump powers. Access to your choice of any 2 powers in Magick or Advanced Pattern. 5 points of Basic Pattern powers.
- Allies: +2 Bleys' Favor
- Special: If you have, or take, Power Words, you may Sacrifice up to 10 points of Mental Endurance to gain upto 5 Power Words, at a rate of 2 points of Mental Endurance per Power Word.
"Bleys is looking for someone to help him on a mysterious adventure. He's being pretty secretive about it, and seems to be avoiding Fiona in particular, which is unusual. Perhaps he'd be willing to trust you."
- Stats: +3 Psyche, +6 Warfare, +3 Mental Endurance, +1 Physical Endurance, +4 Martial Arts, +2 Strength.
- Skills: Archelogy, Disarming Death Traps, Fooling Naive Natives
- Powers: Any Trump Trick, limited by prerequisites. 5 points of Basic Pattern powers. Any one Advanced, but not Exalted, Pattern power.
- Special: (Unannounced) If this goes for more than 12 points the quest is 'a failure'. Each point above twelve is an automatic secret free bid for the Spikard quest.
- Allies: +5 Bleys favor on a success, +2 on a failure.
"When Caine pulled his first disappearing act, just prior to the Patternfall war, you were involved somehow."
- Stats: +4 Psyche, +4 Endurance, +1 Strength.
- Skills: Duplicity, Lying
- Powers: Any Trump Trick, limited by prerequisites. Access to any one Trump Trick, no limits on selection, but prerequisites must be met to purchase it. Or, in lieu of any Trump abilities, take 10 points of Shapeshifting up to basic levels.
- Special: Once, and only once, during the game, you may 'die' in such a fashion that you can substitute a Shadow/clone/simulacrum/etc, and thus escape your fate.
"Towards the end of Gerard's campaign against the pirates, a desperate pirate crew boarded a ship carrying Llewella from Rebma to Amber for a visit with Vialle. They took her hostage, in an attempt to escape with their lives. They failed to escape, and you were somehow involved, and ended up rescuing Llewella."
- Stats: +5 Warfare, +12 Martial Arts, +5 Endurance
- Special: Moire has granted you the right to walk the Rebma Pattern anytime you wish, as thanks for your service.
- Allies: +8 Llewella's Favor, +6 Moire's and Vialle's Favor, +4 Rebma and Random's favor.
- Item: Werewindle, the patternblade, duh.
- Allies: -1 Corwin's and Bleys' Favor.
Quest for the Spikard
- Stats: Your choice of +9 Psyche, or +3 Warfare and +6 Endurance,or +4 Psyche Finesse, +12 Psyche Power, and -2 Mental Endurance.
- Item: A Spikard, duh.
- Allies: -1 Fiona's Favor, -4 Bleys' Favor.
Procuring the services of Wayland The Smith
"Some claim that Wayland Smith is the best in all of Shadow. However, finding him is an arduous task, and once found, he demands payment not in gold or gems, but all manneer of toils. But the results are worth it, no finer artificer is to be found."
- Stats: +10 to stats, divided any way you like, provided no morethan 5 goes into any one stat.
- Items: One item, built to order, with up to 20 points worth ofItem Qualities and Powers, with upto 2 8pt or 1 16pt Quality or power.
Priest of the Church of the Unicorn - English
- Stats: +6 Psyche, +4 Mental Endurance, +4 Tactics
- Skills: Theology, Church Lore, Public Speaking
- Items: Holy Vestements with 2pt Armor and 2pt conferable healing
- Allies: +1 Gerard's Favor, +1 Random's Favor, +2 general Amber favor
- Special: As Priest of the Unicorn, it's much more likely your prayers will be heard by the Unicorn, and it will appear. Just remember it's a being of power, and not used to being interrupted for trivial reasons.
Chaos Connections - Relative
- Allies: Based on bids.
- Special: Anyone bidding more than 10 gets access to basic level Shapeshifting. Anyone bidding more than 20 has access to Logrus Imprint.
Member of the Amber Intelligence Agency - Yankee
- Stats: Choice of: +12 Psyche and -2 Endurance, or +8 distributed between Strength, Endurance, and Warfare by your choice.
- Skills: Intelligence Analysis, Amber History, Amber Relations, Spywork
- Items: Implanted tooth with 2pt Psychic Neutral Conferred
- Allies: +2 Corwin's Favor
- Special: In situations that threaten Amber's security, you may call on the agency to give you support, usually in the form of a small team of specialist agents.
Captain of the Castle Guard - English
- Stats: +6 Tactics, +3 Endurance, +1 Strength, +4 Martial Arts
- Skills: Small unit Tactics, Bodyguarding, Leadership
- Favor: +3 Vialle's Favor, -1 Random's Favor
- Special: During the game, while in Amber City or the Castle, you may call on a squad of Guardsmen to assist you.
Officer in the Army - 2 unit Vickery
- Stats: +6 Warfare, +2 Weapon Skills, +1 Endurance, +2 Strength
- Skills: Small Unit Tactics, Weapon of Choice Specialty, Siegecraft, Leadership
- Allies: +1 Benedict's Favor
- Special: During the game, anywhere on land in the Golden Circle you may call on a squad of Army grunts to assist you.
Officer in the Navy - 2 unit Vickery
- Stats: +2 Warfare, +4 Tactics, +3 Endurance, +3 Strength
- Special: During the game, anywhere on sea or in ports in the Golden Circle you may call on a squad of Navy Marines to assist you.
Golden Circle Diplomat - 2 unit Vickery
- Stats: +8 Mental Endurance, -2 Physical Endurance, +6 Psychic Finesse
- Allies: +2 Flora's Favor, +6 GC Favor, -2 Favor in one GC Shadow of your choice.
- Stats: +6 Weaponskills, +1 Tactics, +1 Endurance, +1 Strength
- Skills: Military Procedure, choice of one notable weapon skill
- Special: Take a wound. Move up to 5 points from Weaponskill or Physical Endurance to Mental Endurance.
- Stats: +2 Physical Endurance, +2 Warfare, +2 Strength
- Skills: Sailing, Navigation
- Info: Pirate booty. You know the location of a sizable cache ofloot. It's quite valuable, and may contain precious artifacts or other precious items.
- Stats: +2 Warfare, +3 Martial Arts, +1 Physical Strength, +1 Endurance
- Skills: Police Procedure, Non-lethal Subdual
- Stats: +2 Endurance, +3 Psyche
- Skills: Diplomacy, choice of musical skill, Music Theory, choice of Storytelling or History.
- Stats: +1 Psyche Power, +6 Psyche Finesse, +1 Mental Endurance
- Skills: Law, Rhetoric, plus choice of 2 related skills
- Stats: +3 Mental Power, +1 Mental Finesse
- Skills: Prophecy Interpretation, Choice of one prophetic skill such as palmistry, phreonology, etc.
- Powers: Access to basic level Magick powers.
- Special: Once during the campaign, you may ask the GM one and only one yes-or-no question, which they will answer honestlyto the best of their ability.
- Stats: +5 Physical Strength, +3 Martial Arts, +3 Endurance
- Skills: Choice of one appropriate skill
- Special: Concussions: Trade up to 4 from Psyche Finesse or Psyche Power to Physical Endurance or Physical Strength.
- Stats: +3 Strength, +1 Endurance, +1 Psyche
- Skills: Choice of two appropriate skills
- Item: One item worth upto 4 pts, with no quality or power greater than 2pts.