Resistance To Damage
These are, it should be noted, enhancement qualities. One can
get perfectly mundane, 0 point armor, which will stop non-enhanced
weapons, and even slow down 1 and 2 point enhanced damage weapons. Weapon
and armor qualities are roughly equivalent, a four point weapon will nullify
most to all of the benefit of four point armor...at the same time, the
armor is effectively knocking down the amount of damage the four point
weapon inflicts to that of a more normal weapon of that type. A weapon
one step weaker than the armor it faces will require a serious warfare
advantage, a weapon two steps weaker will take a severe one to get through,
and if it's three steps weaker, you'll probably never hurt them.
[For example, trying to use a mundane, 0 point weapon to get through 4
point armor, you can probably forget about it. Or a 1 point weapon
vs 8 point armor.] Weapons higher ranked than armor will simply slice
through armor as if it wasn't there.
Offensive magic (fireballs, lightning, etc) will be reduced or stopped
entirely by armor, dependent on the psyche of the user and the nature
of the attack vs. the nature of the armor (Metal armor won't stop lightning
very well, for example)
-  Resistant To Weapons: Makes the material more resistant to weapons than it would normally be, i.e.: A T-shirt can be made to give some protection vs. knives but little against a sword. Usually applied to armor, making penetration by normal weapons very difficult.
-  Resistant To Guns: Confers the item with a degree of 'bulletproof-ness', mundane firearms will have a difficult time piercing the armor, unless the opponent has a significant warfare advantage.
-  Invulnerable To Conventional Weapons: Resistant to all mundane weapons, a high warfare advantage will be needed to penetrate the armor with anything less than a 'deadly damage' weapon, which can penetrate this armor relatively quickly.
-  Impervious To Damage: Mundane weaponry short of artillery bounces off. So do 1 point weapons. Even two point weapons are unlikely to hurt you, unless Benedict is using them. Four point weapons are seriously slowed down.
-  Impenetrable: This can ONLY be applied to an item and cannot be transferred. Such an item contains either the Pattern or some other major Power which makes it almost immune to damage by any lesser Power. Two point weapons bounce off. Four point and eight point weapons can't hurt you much. Known Powers, in order of least to greatest are Logrus, Trump, Pattern.