Official Sector Specification Code Gamma
This is the latest iteration of CPU's Official Sector Specification Code Document. It sets out the requirements for 'official' sector status. Any sector which fails to meet these requirements is not eligible for the full benefits of Sector status.
The most common causes of this are:
- Bureaucratic Pique: 22%
- No Surviving Ultraviolet Citizens in Sector: 3%
- One or More Service Groups in Sector Fail To Meet Requirements To Retain Official Status: 33%
- Other Causes: 4%
- Sector Discovered To Be Partially or Completely Imaginary: 8%
- Sector In State of Civil War: 8%
- Total Destruction of Sector In Horrible Disaster: 18%
- Toxic Wastes Occupy over 20% of Sector: 4%
A variety of special classifications exist for sectors which have either been converted to other purposes or which have been largely abandoned:
- Armed Forces Testing Ground This former sector is now exclusively used for wargames and testing weapons.
- Records Storage: This former sector is now used to store CPU Documentation.
- Entertainment Sector: These former sectors are now primarily used for some source of entertainment by HPD&MC.
- Farmland: This former sector is now used by HPD&MC to grow and possibly store food.
- Prison Camp: This former sector is now used by INTSEC to confine and re-educate prisoners. And to play Bake the Traitor.
- Fuel Extraction Site: This former sector is now used by Power Services to acquire some source of fuel and possibly to refine it. Rumor has it that many FES are actually located in regions of OUT Sector.
- Manufactory: This former sector is now used by PLC to produce and store goods. Most dedicated sectors of this type are used to produce high-clearance goods away from easy traitor access. Or for black market production
- Laboratory: These abandoned sectors are used by R&D for large scale experimental device tests.
- Technical Training Zone: Abandoned Sectors which are to be rebuilt are given to Technical Services to use to train their technicians, as well as being given heavy funding and supplies to actually fix the place to render it habitable again.
- Temporarily Unoccupied: Sectors not currently actively controlled by one or more service groups are given this designation.
- Communist Infestation: If Loyal Forces have lost control of a still largely habitable sector, it receives this designation.
- Dumping Ground: This area is used for disposing of toxic wastes.