The following events have become public knowledge among the Mage community. Note that 'common knowledge' and 'accurate and truthful' are not always the same thing.
- Baba Yaga wakes up. Mass slaughter of Kindred (Vampires) in Mother Russia.
- Short but bloody war between the Kindred and Garou (Werewolves) in Chicago.
- The Technocracy launches an emergency purge of all Reality Deviants in Mexico City for unknown reasons. Things spiral quickly out of control and a multi-way war ignites between the Sabbat, the Technocracy, the Garou, Pentex, and Wraiths. Mexico City devastated. Fighting lasts several days.
- Kerr McGee? Chemicals, a top secret Technocracy installation in Nevada, is destroyed by the Holy Fathers of the Perpetual Railgun, a splinter Celestial Chorus group. Technocracy kicks the Pogrom up several degrees in Las Vegas in retaliation. Ecstacy Cultist Tupac Shakur assassinated by MiBs?, many other Tradition willworkers, both local or on vacation, killed or captured.
- The Electrodyne Engineer Battleship _Titanic_ emerges from its Paradox Realm prison, freed by Doctor William Wainruthersford's Paradoxical Energy Nullifier, and begins attacks on the Sons of Ether. Two chanrties are destroyed and an Ether fleet defeated. The _Titanic_ is finally destroyed by a mixed cabal of Tradition Mages and the Qui La Machinae _Oppenheimer_.
- A huge asteroid nearly slams into the earth, destroying all life. Both the Technocracy and the Traditions claim credit for averting it.
- The Technocracy approves the AWE Project, a system of massive computers that can deploy robotic and unawakened troops to counter Reality Deviants using superior prediction models and tactical analysis. It is hoped that this 'redundant Technocracy' will limit the damage that leaks and Deviant contacts can cause.
- Houston Space Center severely damaged by a local Cabal. Shortly afterwards, the Great Houston Alien Invasion occurs. The NWO works for months covering it up; several operatives forced to retire from Vulgar overload. Void Engineers launch an internal purge of alien infiltrators.
- A massive firefight breaks out in the Giovanni Mausoleum tower in Italy. Elements from the Technocracy, Celestial Chorus, Get of Fenris, House Flambeau, Pentex, and the Nephandi blow the building to bits in the process of trying to kill each other and recover a powerful supernatural talisman. A vampire of terrifying power, possibly an Antediluvian, is awakened by the fight. The Technocracy and Celestial Chorus temporarily join forces to contain the threat; the Technocracy fires an Orbital Beam Weapon into the building while the Chorus manifests the power of the One through it. Everything in the Building is destroyed in Holy Laser Fire.
- Combat in the Deep Umbra suddenly escalates, with the fleets of various Mages suddenly fighting multiple battles. Believed to be related to the Houston Invasion, the Giovanni fight, or both.
- The Technocracy, alarmed by the unexpected power of the vampire in the Giovanni Mausoleum, orders a special commitee formed to reevaluate its policies towards the Kindred.
- A power struggle erupts in Doissetep. While part of the structure is badly damaged and several Mages are killed, Porthos Fitz-Empress eventually brings matters under control.
- A Mage claiming to be Heylel Teomin appears at a meeting of the Council of Nine, and is promptly blown to bits by unamused archmagi.
- The AWE Northwestern North American Computer launches a vicious, unexpected, and massive raid in Portland, Oregon, killing every Tradition Mage in the city and surrounding region. Technocracy reaction ranges from appalled to wildly enthusiastic.
- Researcher Stephan Warwick releases his Ascension 2000 series of articles, resulting in much embarrassment among both the Technocracy and the Traditions. And especially the Nephandi.
- In a bizzare chain of events, the lower Wisconsin area is wracked by supernatural violence. The destruction of the main Sabbat base for the area, the mysterious disappearance of the local Tremere, and the bombing of an abandoned nuclear plant all raise tensions. Finally, twin incidents - the assassination of the Ventrue Justiciar in Milwaukee and the destruction of much of the Pentex Chicago building - ignite full-scale war between the Ventrue and Pentex. Global financial markets are rocked. Virtual Adepts take advantage of the Chaos to launch an all-out assault on Syndicate assets; Glass Walkers make temporary alliance with the Ventrue to conduct economic warfare.
- Arkon Industries is destroyed by an SoE? orbital laser satellite for unknown reasons.
- The Milwaukee Incident occurs on the eve of the Millenium. Most of the city burns to the ground, the Technocracy has a nightmare trying to limit the damage. Officially the work of terrorists spiking the water supply with psychosis-inducing drugs; thought to actually be an abortive ritual by Pentex, the Nephandi, the Tremere, or all of the above. The Camarilla declares the entire city of Milwaukee forbidden ground. While the Technocracy uses the incident as an excuse to ratchet up police powers, they oddly do not escalate the Pogrom, leading many to conclude that the Traditions were for once deemed utterly innocent by the Inner Circle.
- Rise of the Christian Scientists, derisively nicknamed the 'Opates', a NWO faction advocating the revival of religion as a Technocratic tool and value. They argue that it is an effective social and moral system that is fully compatible with rational technology and science.
- Virtual Adepts attempt to hack the Master AWE Computer in Operation Remember Portland. Raid is a failure with high casualties. Days later, AWE attacks the Crystal Palace. Start of the Digital Siege.
- The Bangladesh Incident occurs, in which an impossibly powerful vampire, the Ravnos Antediluvian, awakens and goes on a rampage. The Technocracy is forced to go to RAGNAROK alert, and deploys spirit nukes and orbital light weaponry. Millions of sleepers and hundreds of Technocracy personnel are killed.
- Pentex Seattle is destroyed in a catastrophic fire. A massive class action suit by the families of fire victims results in a billion-dollar court award. Widely thought to have been engineered from top to bottom by the Ventrue.
- War erupts between the Order of Hermes and House Tremere. The fight is a bloody stalemate that winds up decimating both with no gain for either. The Technocracy, while shedding no tears for the Hermetics, becomes even more alarmed about the potential threat the Kindred pose.
- Under cover of rioting, Martial Law declared in Omaha as AWE deploys hundreds of troops across the city in a search for the physical location of the Crystal Palace. Online, the Digital Siege reaches a frenzy as AWE activates reserves and suborns the 'regular' Technocracy into assisting in a final offensive. The Virtual Adepts swallow their pride and call in House Thig and the Sons of Ether. After matters nearly go out of control and the possibility of the destruction of much of the North American communications system looms, the Inner Circle ordes AWE to stand down, and the siege ends.
- The Iteration X AWE Southwestern North America Computer goes insane, causing a short-lived robot rampage and nearly causing the nuclear destruction of several American cities. A special Technocracy damage control team destroys it, and the AWE Project is terminated by order of the Inner Circle.
- PRESENT DAY! PRESENT TIME!