The symbols of Order. Walk'em and gain power over Shadow and near-immortality. But you'd better have that all-important bloodline... There are six full, unflawed, unbroken Patterns.
- The Metal Pattern - In the basement of Castle Amber. The most well-known of the Patterns, generally referred to as 'the' Pattern. Guarded by the Grey Knight.
- The Wood Pattern - Located deep within primeval Arden, in the Grove of the Unicorn, few know of this Pattern's location or existence. Guarded by the Green Knight.
- The Water Pattern - The original was destroyed by Derith's hubris; a replacement has recently been created by Fuyutsuki. Both the past and present incarnations lie deep within Castle Rebma, guarded by the Blue Knight.
- The Air Pattern - In Tir-na-Nog'th, the City of Dreams. The only Pattern that doesn't exist all the time, only manifesting itself when the moon is full or at other special times. Guarded by the White Knight, recent rescued from the Abyss by Demetrius and Kentaro.
- The Fire Pattern - Almost eaten by the Ravager Beast, but is feeling much better now. Located inside the sun of Amber (Ember). Guarded by Carl Harold, the Red Knight, and by Gabrielle, who in many ways IS the Fire Pattern.
And let's not forget...
- The Primal Pattern - Nobody knows where it is, at least, nobody who is going to tell YOU. Presumably guarded in some fashion. (Rumor has it that a Crystal Knight, who wields the Primal Pattern Blade, defends the Primal Pattern eternally.)