There are a number of spikards of note that have appeared so far in Unicorn no Seishi, the focus of several quests and prophesies. While their true number is unknown, as well as the total range of functions they allow a sorceror to access, several groupings of spikards have come to light.
It is unknown how many Unicorn Spikards there are, or who made them. The known Unicorn Spikards are:
- Silya, The Ring of Wood -- It belonged to Queen Haruka of Harad; it now forms the core of the Holy Tree of the Akashan League, the cornerstone of their society.
- The Wyrm Ourobous -- Hiko's Spikard; once a Dragon Spikard, it was turned into a Unicorn Spikard by Unicorn intervention. Now worn by Kodachi of Alars.
- Vilya, The Ring of Air -- Wielded by Dowager Queen Anthy.
- Nenya, The Ring of Water -- Presumed to be a Unicorn Spikard, it is wielded by Dutchess Yumi.
- The Ring of Metal -- Also a presumptive Unicorn Spikard, Vash bears this. Yes, Vash.
- Narya, the Ring of Fire -- Fuyutsuki bears this.
There are seven Dragon Spikards, possibly created by Anno, Keeper of the Logrus:
- The Eye of the Dragon (aka "Magnus the Unseen") -- Currently in the hands of Princess Nanami of Amber. Magnus the Unseen grants vast power to control minds and spy into minds.
- The Claw of the Dragon -- held for a time by Ukyou/Inji Kuonji after he recovered it from Mystara. He passed it on to Touga prior to his unfortunate incarceration.
- The Wings of the Dragon -- Owned by Nausicaa, a legacy of her dream origins (it was in the Box!). It grants vast power over wind and weather.
- The Hide of the Dragon -- Held by Lord Loewen of House Helgram. While he bears it (so he claims) he cannot die. It provides immense protective power, and holds power over locks and barriers as well.
- The Breath of the Dragon -- Currently possessed by Davros the Chaos Stylite. It shapes energies. It was briefly held by the Evil Golem-Making Davros of Serpent's Horn, but has now been returned to the good Davros.
- The Hoard of the Dragon -- It was discovered to be present inside the Luggage retrieved from the CAFAM Discworld by Moriya, Motoko, Davros and Utena. After spending a while sitting around Fuyutsuki's laboratory, it was finally unlocked after Motoko got the third key from Kuonji. Briefly in the hands of Motoko, it has been passed on to Lian. Unfortunately, it has been lost in the Abyss with Lian, and possibly destroyed. It was useful for creating and analyzing things.
- The Mind of the Dragon -- Currently possessed by Anno, Keeper of the Logrus.
Created by some hostile force (Suspected to either be Annadil on his own, or under the influence of the Outsiders), these rings of power put one at risk of the control of the wielder of the Master Spikard which is linked to the nine Lion Spikards. Annadil used these spikards to control the minds of his pawns across Shadow during the Crisis -- their current wielders are unknown, as is the final location of the Master Spikard, though most suspect beyond the Gate of Revolution. Wear them at your peril...
- Karthos: The Ring of Flames -- Destroyed by Anno and Motoko and the Serpent of Wisdom.
- Yuthos: The Ring of Lightning -- Destroyed by Anno and Motoko and the Serpent of Wisdom.
- Rathos: The Ring of Passions -- Believed to be in the hands of Lady Aphrodite of House Olympus.
- Mithos: The Ring of Winds -- Formerly wielded by Lord Balor of House Formorian. Taken from him after his defeat by Mikage and Nausicaa, and now safeguarded by Anno?.
- Darthos: The Ring of Seeing -- Believed (based on process of elimination and the Prophecy of the Black Heart) to have been one of the two spikards in the hands of Pharaoh Mobius. Like Halthos, apparently lost or destroyed in the destruction of Mobius' Construct
- Nimthos: The Ring of Dreams -- Temporarily claimed by The Gaunt Man, then taken by Kuonji Ukyou and given to Anno? for safekeeping until a way to destroy it can be found
- Halthos: The Ring of Changes -- Formerly rumored to be held by some group within the City of Brass, it is now believed to have been taken by followers of Pharoah Moebius. If it was held by Mobius, it was likely either destroyed or thrust Outside in the destruction of Mobius' Construct; a search just afterwards with both Pattern and Logrus turned up no sign of it
- Gaerthos: The Ring of Tides -- Formerly claimed by the leader of Bloc Rebmaquois, Dolphin?, it is now being safeguarded by Anno?.
- Tirthos: The Ring of Storms -- Destroyed by Anno and Motoko and the Serpent of Wisdom
Lion Spikards, Mark II
Recent events have made it clear that someone (or several someones) is attempting to craft new Lion spikards, possibly working from Annadil's old notes. The one example so far is believed to be a product of forces within House Tremere; Jacqueline reports that she stopped a group of cultists in Begma in another attempt to create a Lion Spikard (unfortunately, none survived for questioning).
- "Shield" -- It is attuned to protective and life-preserving magics, like Loewen's Hide of the Dragon; given to the False Loewen by Artificer Stanislas of House Tremere, it appears to have been crafted as a counterpart to Hide. Somewhat weaker than the other extant Lion Spikards, it has been placed into Anno's care after being taken from the False Loewen.
There are quite possibly other spikards out there, but who made them or where they are is unknown. At the moment, the following have come to light:
- Fred the Training Spikard -- purchased at CAFAM by Beowulf for Jacqui before it was claimed by Lord Alars for his daughter Suu.
- Benji the Training Spikard--Forged at Vulcan's Forge by Beowulf for Jacqui, who hopefully won't get it stolen.
- Gandalf the Lesser Spikard--Purchased at CAFAM by Moriya, who gave him to Mitsune
- The One Ring, Gulya, Master Spikard. It is linked in some manner to all the Lion Spikards it was used to create, allowing whoever holds it to master their wielders. It's portfolio is sketchy at best, and is presumed to be keyed somehow to creation. There is some conjectural evidence it may be able to exert some control over the Dragon Spikards as well, which is a scary thought. It is most probably still with Annadil or an Outer God on the Outside.