No diff available--this is the first major revision.
(minor diff, author diff)
Ten of Clubs - Blood Cabal
The secret society of vampires that controls EVERYTHING. Founded by 12 of the 13 clans descended from Kilroy, the First Vampire. (Kilroy himself is long missing, but periodically, graffiti turns up claiming he had visited a place. Kilroy is also known as Murphy.) The Thirteenth Clan was usurped long ago by a Philistine Cult and now are known as the BasketBaals?, leaders of the other vampire conspiracy, Lazy Sunday. Because of that, the BasketBaals? are banned from the Blood Cabal, even renegade ones. Who can't be trusted.
Not that vampires can trust each other much.
The Blood Cabal maintains the Screen, the requirement that vampires hide themselves and plot from the shadows. This enables them to avoid being wiped out by the Mundanity Cabal. There are rumors, in fact, of collaboration with the Mundanity Cabal to hide the existence of vampires. A Council of 12 rules the Blood Cabal and one of its members is appointed Screenmaster General, in charge of maintaining the Screen. He commands a force of vampiric ninja known as the Concealers, who cover up anything which would break the Screen.
Choose Your Clan:
- Abbassid: Your clan's public front is as assassins for hire, but your real goal is restoration of the Abbasid Caliphate and complete destruction of the Mongols. You're good a holding a loooong grudge. Bellicosity +2, Obstinancy +1.
- Puissance: Blood Assassin: When you hit a foe with a Physical attack, you can spend 1 Health and induce a blood related Physical Condition at a level equal to your Bellicosity.
- Addams: You're creepy and kooky, all together ooky. Eccentric and often insane, this tight-knit clan embraces being deviant and looks at everything from its own perspective, which is sometimes completely insane. Artistry +2, Perspicacity +1. If your Normalcy is at least 2, reduce it by 1 and add +1 Obstinancy.
- Puissance: Off-Kilter Mind: Spend one Brainmeat to reflexively reduce any mental condition which would force you to act normal by your Artistry.
- Copperfields: You have carefully studied the ancient arts of blood magic. Artistry +1, Perspicacity +2
- Puissance: The Shield of Arsenius: Spend one Brainmeat to reduce any magically-imposed Condition by your Perspicacity.
- Eastwoods: You drift from town to town, dodging commitments and seeking blood; you enjoy the wilderness most of all but it lacks good human blood, so sooner or later, you have to return to civilization. Bellicosity +1, Normalcy +1, Obstinancy +1
- Puissance: High Plains Drifter: Spend one Brainmeat to acquire a zero-level mount or vehicle you can use to travel around in.
- Gyros: Greek necromancers and chefs who wiped out an original clan, the Pharoahs, and stole their powers. Normalcy +2, Perspicacity +1
- Puissance: Curse of the Pharoahs: You can make Existential Attacks which impose curses on those who violate graves.
- Picassos: You are an artiste and maybe even a real artist, freed to create forever by immortality. Artistry +2, Synergy +1
- Puissance: Always Elegant: Spend one Reputation to reflexively reduce by your Artistry any Social Condition which would reduce your elegance.
- Ramones: You are a street punk vampire. Bellicosity +1, Obstinancy + 2
- Puissance: Punks Don't Care: Spend one Brainmeat to reflexively reduce by your Obstinancy any Mental Condition which would make you care about something.
- Rozhdestvenskij: True Masters of the North Pole, they bring presents or judgement down on children, according to their worth; they use their flesh-molding powers to help or hurt others and themselves, depending on what they deserve. Artistry +2, Perspicacity +1
- Puissance: Scent of Judgement: You can spend one Existence and detect the moral qualities of a person automatically. If they possess powers to hide this, you can make Mental Attacks to penetrate it.
- Serpents of the Rainbow: An ethnically and racially diverse cult of vampires who worship a snake god whose name and face changes in different cultures. Artistry +1, Normalcy +1, Synergy +1
- Puissance: Snakehandlers: Reflexively reduce by your Normalcy any Poison Condition.
- Shadows: The Shadows know what evil lurks in the hearts of men. Then they kill the ones who are beyond redemption and try to manipulate the less tainted back to righteousness, while leaving the pure alone. Bellicosity +1, Perspicacity +1, Synergy +1
- Puissance: Slay With Your Own Darkness: Add the level of any morally corrupt Peculiarity of the target to any Physical Damage you inflict on them.
- Vanderbilts: You are a wealthy vampire with class and taste, unlike those Ramones punks. Artistry +1, Synergy +2
- Puissance: High Class: Spend one Reputation to reflexively reduce by your Synergy any Social Condition which would hurt your reputation.
- Xanatosi: You are an uuuuuugggggglllllyyyyy vampire, twisted by your transformation, but it's also left you cunning, a manipulator and spy. Artistry +1, Perspicacity +1, Synergy +1
- Puissance: Look At ME! I AM A MONSTER: You can make Mental Fear attacks on anyone who can see you.
- Vampire: You gain Fortune Dice when you seek to drink blood or dominate society; you gain Adversity Dice when you are hungry for blood and can't get it or when you let society do its own thing without your input. This also conveys a zero-level Physical Bite attack.
Choose One of the Following:
- Aura of Importance (Artistry + Synergy): Everyone treats you as a VIP even if they're not sure how you're important or why. This gradually consumes your blood supply.
- Aura of Potence (Bellicosity + Obstinancy): You radiate 'badass motherfucker', even if you are busy making lace by hand. This slowly consumes your blood supply.
- Aura of Unimportance (Normalcy + Obstinancy): This causes people to ignore you; they *see* you, they just don't think you are worth caring about. Until you pounce on them for their blood or walk past them and steal everything in the vault, anyway. This slowly consumes your blood supply.
- Blood Magic (Artistry + Perspicacity ): You can mold minds, set things on fire, influence body functioning, conjure things, summon and bind spirits, and speak to the dead, but every spell requires some of your precious blood.
- Draw Blood (Bellicosity + Obstinancy): When you hit people, they bleed more than usual. This allows you to then lick that blood and refresh your stock.
- Flesh Shaping (Artistry + Perspicacity): You can reshape a person's body to reflect their true self. This can be beautiful or hideous.
- Induce Clan Behavior (Artistry + Perspicacity): You must feed the target a small amount of your blood; this transforms them into a Blood Roadie, who craves more of your blood and will serve you to get it. Further, they take on the behavior patterns of your clan.
- Mummification (Normalcy + Perspicacity ): You can ensure a dead person rises again as a mummy under your control, if you perform the proper rites and burial.
- Shadow Mastery (Bellicosity + Perspicacity): You can control shadows to attack people, hide yourself and others or do anything a shadow can.
- Silver Tongue (Perspicacity + Synergy): At only a small cost in blood, you can persuade people of almost anything AND make them think it their own idea.
- Snake Mastery (Normalcy + Synergy): You can control Snakes and Snake-like beings, such as Yuan-Ti.
- Vampire Shapeshifting (Normalcy + Obstinancy): This is the art of transforming yourself into a cloud of mist, a swarm of bats, or a huge wolf. Every shift uses some of your precious blood. Serpents of the Rainbow substitute a giant snake form for a wolf.
- Clan-Appropriate Clothing
- 2d6 Doses of Blood in the Fridge
- [Back to the Affiliations Page]?
- [Back to the Main Page]?.