No diff available--this is the first major revision.
(minor diff, author diff)
10 of Diamonds - Discovered the Hidden Truth of the Elderly Gods
You have ripped away the veil of lies by which people cling to things like 'sanity', 'truth', and 'hygiene'.
Artistry +1, Obstinancy +1, Perspicacity +1
- Seen Through the Veil of Lies: You gain Fortune Dice when you ignore mundane concerns to deal with the esoteric; you suffer Adversity Dice when you put things like 'work' and 'hygiene' ahead of fighting ancient evil or learning ancient secrets.
Choose One of the Following:
- Master of Dimensional Geometry (Artistry + Perspicacity): You can bend, fold, spindle, and mutilate space, travelling great distances in an instant, making your clothes closet bigger on the inside than the outside, or putting the entire universe inside a ring box. That doesn't mean it's WISE.
- Master of Forbidden Lore (Artistry + Obstinancy): You have studied the lore of the Elderly Gods, the annoying space punks who harrass them (The Great Young Ones), and the mysterious Inner Gods. You know how they can be summoned, banished, or contacted, and why it's probably a bad idea to learn about them in the first place.
- Master of Necromancy (Perspicacity + Synergy): You have mastered the secrets of raising the dead as your undead servants, banishing and banning such creatures, speaking to the dead, sucking out people's life force and the like. That doesn't mean it's WISE.
- Master of Summoning (Obstinancy + Perspicacity): You have mastered the secrets of summoning spirits, from the spirit of your phone to forcing Zeus to come to you (bad idea). That doesn't mean it's WISE.
- The Elderly Sigil: Burn one Brainmeat to establish for a scene the Existential Backdrop In the Light of the Elderly Sigil at a level equal to your Obstinancy. This light weakens the power of the Great Young Ones.
- Beat up old suit
- Laptop for notes
- Collection of Ancient Texts: You can make Existential/Destruction? attacks on Existential creatures, adding your Artistry to any Conditions imposed.
- [Back to the Inception Page]?
- [Back to the Main Page]?.