* 6. Joined Dr. ManWhat? Through A Confusing Time Anomaly: The Mundanity Cabal attempted to put Dr. ManWhat? on trial, but the resulting time hijinx tied multiple knots in the time line; you somehow joined Dr. ManWhat? on his adventures at the end of an adventure together in which you were already a team. You also are not sure why you left, beyond being sure that Julius the Orange, a denizen of the End of Time, had something to do with it. Maybe. |
* 6. Joined Dr. ManWhat? Through A Confusing Time Anomaly: The Mundanity Collective attempted to put Dr. ManWhat? on trial, but the resulting time hijinx tied multiple knots in the time line; you somehow joined Dr. ManWhat? on his adventures at the end of an adventure together in which you were already a team. You also are not sure why you left, beyond being sure that Julius the Orange, a denizen of the End of Time, had something to do with it. Maybe. |
* 7. You Were Born To Travel With Dr. ManWhat?, Maybe: First a hurricane somehow hit your home in POLAND, then it blew you through space and time to the Great Wheel, where you eventually left with Dr. ManWhat?; during your adventures, things happened which made you think your parents travelled with Dr. ManWhat?, which is how they started dating AND why they have a picture of them having a threesome with Helen of Troy in the living room. Eventually, you were accidentally abandoned at a Space Truckstop... you're not sure if that was an accident, but you did fall asleep on the toilet. |
** Attributes: Artistry +1, Bellicosity +1, Synergy +1
** Penchant: Space Trucker (Artistry + Bellicosity): You are versed in all the arts of Trucking in Space, including how to deal with SPACE PIGS.
** Puissance Make Explosives: You can make Ranged and Melee Physical/Blunt? attacks with explosives, including a bat you strap grenades to. Add your Bellicosity to any Conditions imposed.
** Stuff: Zero Level: Jacket covered with patches from Space Truckstops, Space Baseball Bat with Grenade Holder; Space Eighteen-Wheeler: This can travel in space; spend one Brainmeat to reduce any Physical conditions imposed on a passenger in it by your Artistry.
* 8. Veteran of the Spacetime War: Dr. ManWhat? spent his eighth incarnation locked in battle with Hail Discordia, who were trying to change the world from a rational place of science to an irrational world of magic and paradoxes. They operated from inside Mercendonius, the now long abandoned intercalary month of the pre-Julius Caesar Roman Calendar, caught in the time loop equivalent of one of those Fruidonia Latte Equinox Coffees. You know how those are. Anyway, the result is that your original timeline doesn't exist or possibly someone ate it and used it to grow crops. Look, you've seen some crazy shit.
** Attributes: Bellicosity +1, Obstinancy +1, Perspicacity +1
** Penchant: Temporal Warfare (Bellicosity + Perspicacity): You can recognize and conduct temporal warfare, though you know it's rather... dangerous. Mind you, you still need an actual time machine.
** Puissance Right Hook: However the world changes, punching always works. Almost always. Usually. Sometimes. It worked once. You can make Physical/Blunt? attacks which add your Bellicosity to any Conditions imposed.
** Stuff: Zero Level: 2 Random items plus a Random levellable Item
* 9. Every Planet Has a North by Northwest: You had a boring post-high school life in which you worked a 9-5 dead end job and lived with your Dad (no one can agree what happened to your Mom, even though you all witnessed it). Then Dr. ManWhat? saved you from a Kroftian Invasion and you went on adventures with him in space and time because it sure beat your lousy job.
** Attributes: Normalcy +2, Synergy +1
** Penchant: Work Retail While Keeping Sanity (Normalcy + Synergy): You can basically work any retail job with great skill and easily get yourself hired, even before you were actually born.
** Puissance Survive Mind-Deadening Work: Working an 8 hour shift lets you heal Brainmeat equal to your Normalcy.
** Stuff: Zero Level: Work Uniform, Mop, Winning Smile: This allows you to make Mental/Emotional? attacks which add your Synergy to any Conditions imposed.
* 10. Dr. Manwhat the Time Academic Victor/Victoria?: It remains unclear to you what went wrong, because you were not there. You think he and a previous companion may have been banging, and when she left, he went totally off his nut. You burned a lot of energy basically guiding his / her crazy towards forces of evil instead of decisions that Corn is Murder or forming Reindeer Liberation Fronts.
** Attributes: Normalcy +1, Obstinancy +2
** Penchant: Guide Endless Energy of Others In Useful Ways (Normalcy + Obstinancy): You are skilled at the art of deflecting people from pursuing dumb ideas by giving them something USEFUL to do.
** Puissance Feign Belief: You can turn any member of an ideological organization into a Contact for one scene by spending one Brainmeat and talking to them so they think you're a true believer too.
** Stuff: Zero Level: Nice Suit, Tea Set, Dossiers About Various Affiliations: This allows you to make Social/Obligation? attacks on members of any Affiliation which add your Obstinancy to any Conditions imposed.
* 11. Does It Count as Blowing Up the Universe If You Replace it?: If you understand correctly, a splinter faction of the Qwabal convinced itself Dr. ManWhat? was going to destroy the Universe by speaking The Final Words, so it sent powerful Library spirits to render him unable to say anything. He mistook this for revenge by Hail Discordia and saved you from being killed by what he thought were its agents, but were actually your Nemesis trying to do its cosmic Job. Then you launched a pre-emptive strike on Hail Discordia and in the process, the Time Capsule blew up, destroying the Universe. But because it was a Time Capsule, this explosion was also the Big Bang (maybe?) and a new universe that seems much like the old one was born, though you keep finding subtle differences.
** Attributes: Normalcy +1, Perspicacity +1, Synergy +1
** Penchant: Knowledge of the Old Universe (Normalcy + Perspicacity): You know a lot about the old universe, imprinted on your brain by it blowing up. That can be useful information but it's not always TRUE.
** Puissance Hatred of Hail Discordia: You can make Existential/Destruction? attacks which add your Perspicacity to any Conditions imposed, but only to anything affiliated with Chaos in some form.
** Stuff: Zero Level: Nice Suit, Your Adequate Compact Car, Psychic Paper: This allows you to make Social/Obligation? attacks which add your Synergy to any Conditions imposed.
* 12. A Rock God of Space and Time: You thought this would be a normal roadie job; it was far more awesome if more dangerous. Rock on, Dr. ManWhat?!
** Attributes: Artistry +2, Synergy +1
** Penchant: The Art of Musical Spectacle (Artistry + Synergy): You know how to give performances which move hearts.
** Puissance Wall of Sound: You can impose the Physical Backdrop Wall of Wall of Sound at a level equal to your Artistry; this makes it hard to hear anything but your music.
** Stuff: Zero Level: Rocker Clothing, Music Collection, Sound Gear: This allows you to make Physical/Sonic? attacks which add your Artistry to any Conditions imposed.
You went on a trip with Dr. ManWhat? and... look, your opthamologist says your eyes cannot bleed forever.