Difference (from revision 18 to current revision)
*** Level 1 Item:
*** Space Suit suitable for going outside the ship when needed.|
*** Level 1 Knack for Gladhandling: By spending a Reputation, you can turn a non-hostile NPC into a Contact for the rest of the scene.
*** Level 1 Item:
*** Beat Up Hovercar from 4 years ago (holds you + allies equal to your Synergy, land hovervehicle.)|
*** Focused Purpose Robot Ally
*** Level 1 Your Father's Lasersword: A symbol of a more elegant, but also more limbless age. It does Physical/Melee?/Energy? damage and adds your Normalcy to any Physical/Maiming? conditions you impose.
*** Level 1 Item:
*** Nanomachine Art Kit|
*** 'Wand' of Flesh Warping: Allows Physical/Shapeshifting? attacks, adding your Artistry to any conditions imposed.
*** Level 1 Nanomanipulator: Burn one Existance to impose a Physical Backdrop of your choice with a level equal to your Artistry.
2 of Clubs - Space Human
You are the hero or heroine of the FUTURE, a normal human, but in space. Or maybe some kind of genetically upgraded human! The key thing is you that you represent what we will become.
Choose one of the following options:
- Asimov Character: In the future, everything is a puzzle to be worked out by calmly rational people.
- Attributes: Normalcy +1, Perspicacity +2
- Peculiarity: Approaches Life as a Puzzle Box: You gain Fortune Dice when you face a problem which is basically a logic puzzle or mystery with a rational solution. You gain Adversity Dice when you have to confront random, irrational actions.
- Penchant: Robopsychology (Normalcy + Perspicacity): You know how to deal with robots, whether to figure out their mental problems or to be 'social' with them.
- Puissance: Always Calm: You can burn a point of Brainmeat to reduce any Mental Condition by your Perspicacity if it would render you agitated or emotional. This is used reflexively when the condition is imposed.
- <u>A Guide to Robopsychology</u>
- Tool Kit
- Level 1 Item: <u>The Galactic Encylopedia</u>: You can establish a fact about the galaxy for the rest of the scene by spending one Existence to create an appropriate Existential Backdrop.
- Better Than Us, or at Least Smugger: Humanity has risen above the flaws of the past and will happily tell you about this for hours.
- Attributes: Normalcy +1, Obstinancy +1, Synergy +1
- Peculiarity: Total Assurance the Future is Better: Gain Fortune Dice when your assurance that the future is always better than the past is actually correct in this case. Gain Adversity Dice when dealing with people who will respond badly to your assurance.
- Penchant: Technobabble (Artistry + Normalcy): You can solve any high technology problem by reframing it in terms of made-up jargon and then doing something simple to resolve the problem.
- Puissance: We Have Overcome Humanity's Flaws: Burn a point of Brainmeat to reduce any Condition related to negative emotions by your Synergy. This is a reflexive action when the condition is imposed.
- Universal Translator and Communicator
- Polarizer (Physical/Ranged?/Energy? weapon)
- Level 1 Replicator: Create any item of zero-level physical stuff by spending one Existence.
- Born on a Generation Ship: You were born in a hard sci-fi universe where FTL doesn't exist, so you were born on a ship taking decades or centuries to reach anothe world. You had to become a people person, or everyone would kill each other.
- Attributes: Artistry +1, Synergy +2
- Peculiarity: Agoraphobic. Gain Fortune Dice in confined spaces or crowds. Gain Adversity Dice when dealing with wide open spaces.
- Penchant: Recycling (Artistry + Normalcy): You are highly skilled at repurposing things or making new things out of old things.
- Puissance: Zero-G Master. When in Zero-G, you don't suffer penalties; indeed, you raise your Attribute and Skill or Penchant dice on any physical activity under low or zero gravity conditions.
- Space Suit suitable for going outside the ship when needed.
- Level 1 Knack for Gladhandling: By spending a Reputation, you can turn a non-hostile NPC into a Contact for the rest of the scene.
- Born in Universe With the Momentum: In your home universe, the Momentum binds all things together, flowing through them and enabling the wise or the out of control man-babies to become super-psychic monks who kick ass. Everything's kind of run down and lived in, making your future seem oddly realistic despite this.
- Attributes: Normalcy +1, Perspicacity +1, Synergy +1
- Peculiarity: Used to Grunge. You gain Fortune Coins when dealing with places and machines that are somewhat run down, but not ruins. You suffer Adversity Coins when dealing with anything new and shiny.
- Penchant: Patching Things Up (Normalcy + Perspicacity): You can use this to make any damaged machine keep working, though it will look beat to hell and back.
- Puissance: The Momentum Protects the Plot-Relevant. Reduce any Condition imposed on you by High Tech Ranged Attacks by your Synergy.
- Beat Up Hovercar from 4 years ago (holds you + allies equal to your Synergy, land hovervehicle.)
- Focused Purpose Robot Ally
- Level 1 Your Father's Lasersword: A symbol of a more elegant, but also more limbless age. It does Physical/Melee?/Energy? damage and adds your Normalcy to any Physical/Maiming? conditions you impose.
- Decadent Aesthetes Living in the Last Aeon: At the end of time, you cavort with the last men, robot slaves, aliens, your relatives, trees... basically, humanity has done everything and now is just whiling away the hours until time itself ends. Mostly with drugs, adultery, sex, more drugs, racing, duels, and sex. Also drugs.
- Attributes: Artistry +2, Synergy +1
- Peculiarity: Decadent. You gain Fortune Dice when doing decadent things; you gain Adversity Dice when you control your appetites.
- Penchant: Nano-Artistry (Artistry + Synergy): You can create artistic objects from 'nothing', using your personal swarm of nanomachines. Time required is set by the scale of the project; quality of the project by your successes.
- Puissance: Self-Healing. You can burn a point of Brainmeat to heal Health equal to your Artistry.
- Nanomachine Art Kit
- 'Wand' of Flesh Warping: Allows Physical/Shapeshifting? attacks, adding your Artistry to any conditions imposed.
- Level 1 Nanomanipulator: Burn one Existance to impose a Physical Backdrop of your choice with a level equal to your Artistry.
- Heinlein Character: Brave, bold, cocky, you can do anything well. Or so you insist.
- Attributes: Bellicosity +1, Obstinancy +1, Perspicacity +1
- Peculiarity: Cocky: You gain Fortune Dice when you take big risks confidently; you gain Adversity Coins when you are cautious.
- Penchant: Jack of All Space Trades (Normalcy + Obstinancy): Humans aren't meant to be *specialists*; rather, every person ought to be able to do everything normal in life. You can use this to attempt any non-violent task normal to the life of a future space person; however, you can never add Skill Dice to this pool.
- Puissance: I've Done That Before: You may spend one point of Existence to add two bonus dice to any Jack of All Space Trades check.
- Laser Pistol (Physical/Ranged?/Energy? damage)
- Space Pilot License
- Level 1 Tremendous Confidence: Reduce all Mental/Emotional? conditions imposed on you by your Obstinancy.
- Just Like Us With Better Tech: It may be the future, but human nature hasn't changed at all.
- Attributes: Bellicosity +1, Normalcy +1, Perspicacity +1,
- Peculiarity: Earth People Are Easy: You gain Fortune Dice when seeking to connect romantically or sexually to someone. You gain Adversity Dice when trying to avoid someone doing that to you.
- Penchant: Talk Computers to Death (Artistry + Perspicacity): You can attack anything with AI by forcing it to confront some error of logic or its programming, causing it to go belly up.
- Puissance: Seven Fists of Space Fleet: When attacking foes unarmed, raise your Attribute and Skill dice one step.
- Communicator Badge; pins to your shirt.
- Polarizer (Inflicts Physical/Ranged?/Energy? damage)
- Level 1 Item: Medkit; you can use it to heal Physical damage; add your Perspicacity to damage healed.
- Primitive Human Ruled by Future Intelligent Apes: Somehow, intelligent apes took over and sent your people back to the Stone Age.
- Attributes: Bellicosity +2, Normalcy +1
- Peculiarity: Afraid of Apes: When you act on your terror of Apes, you get Fortune Dice; when you defy your fear, you suffer Adversity Dice.
- Penchant: Stone Age Technology (Bellicosity + Normalcy): You have mastered all the arts of a stone age person.
- Puissance: Hit Like A Really Big Rock: On a successful physical attack, you may impose the Physical Condition Broken Ribs at a level of your Normalcy.
- Pointy Stick (Physical/Melee?/Piercing? damage)
- Fur Clothing
- Level 1 Item: Roll on the Modern Day Tech Table.
- Space Luddite: Your culture has rejected AI in favor of training humans to do incredible feats with their minds and training, such as computing hyperspace coordinates while stoned out of your mind on Space Herbs.
- Attributes: Artistry +2, Obstinancy +1
- Peculiarity: Hatred of AI: When you unleash your hatred of AI, you gain Fortune Dice. When you have to tolerate or USE AI, you suffer Adversity Dice.
- Penchant: Human Computer (Artistry + Obstinancy): This Penchant lets you substitute your mind's power for that of computers, doing incredible feats of computation and memory.
- Puissance: You Cannot Escape the Yellow Brick Road. Spend one point of Brainmeat to impose the Existential Condition You Can't Escape Fate on anyone you inflict Existential Damage on. It begins with a rating equal to your Artistry.
- Space Herbs (allows you to compute hyperspace travel without a computer; you still need an actual space ship. Can also make you mellow and induce hallucinations which may or may not show the past/present/future. Can also be used to make tasty chicken)
- Low Tech Physical Melee weapon which does either Slashing or Blunt damage.
- Level 1 Shield Belt: Spend one Artistry to reduce all damage from Physical/Piercing? weapons by your Artistry for the duration of the scene.
- Space Viking Human: You are an honorable mugger... warrior, I mean warrior, in space.
- Attributes: Bellicosity +2, Obstinancy +1
- Peculiarity: Violent Response to Insults: When someone abuses you and you get hostile or violent, you gain Fortune Dice. When you ignore an insult, you suffer Adversity Dice.
- Penchant: Low-Tech Melee Attacks in Defiance of High Tech Ranged Attacks (Bellicosity + Obstinancy): This is the art of attacking people with swords, axes, etc, when your foes have lasers, without dying.
- Puissance: Survive Laser Fire: Reduce any Condition imposed on you by High Tech Ranged Attacks by your Bellicosity.
- Horned Space Helmet and Space Suit (allows operations in vaccuum)
- Rocket Boots (combined with the above, allows you to move between ships in space and conduct boarding actions)
- Level 1 Bat'cat'in'hat'Seth: This hand-made double-bladed weapon looks extremely cool and does Physical/Melee?/Slicing? attacks which add your Bellicosity to damage automatically.
- [Back to the Nature Page]?
- [Back to the Main Page]?