Revision 2 not available (showing current revision instead)
Ace of Clubs - Lazy Sunday
The secret society of believers in Vampire Privilege. Where the Blood Cabal hides from mankind, controlling it from the shadows, Lazy Sunday believes Vampires should be kings and queens, ruling mankind. They are led by the BasketBaals?, the Fourteenth Clan, usurped long ago by a Philistine Cult. In practice, take the worst white frat boy and give him vampire powers and that's most of Lazy Sunday, which is too decentralized to do a lot more than rampage as the Blood Cabal tries to restrain them and hide the existence of vampires.
Or maybe that's what they want you to think.
There are only thirteen clans because the BasketBaals? don't trust the Gyros to not try to usurp THEM too.
Lazy Sunday takes the official position that the Unclediluvians exist and must be overthrown, the Curse of Ham & Rye is the real origin of vampires, UFOs are visiting the Earth *and stealing our blood*, and the Sasquatch Haderach will one day lead Lazy Sunday to victory, in the final battle known as Pandemonium. Also, there is not just one Santa Claus and Easter Bunny, but many different versions.
Some clans have a majority of their members in the Blood Cabal; others are more common in Lazy Sunday.
- Exclusively Found in the Blood Cabal: Gyros (intensely distrusted by the BasketBaals?)
- Majority in the Blood Cabal: Vanderbilts (typically the leaders), Xanatosi (typically right hand men of the Vanderbilts, possibly the true leaders), Copperfields (oddly skeptical given they do Blood Magic), Addams (You can't be deviant when *everyone* is a deviant), Picassos (find more rich patrons among the Blood Cabal), Eastwoods (Uninterested in holy war).
- Exclusively Found in Lazy Sunday: Basketbaals (they helped found it and no one in the Blood Cabal Trusts them. They lead Lazy Sunday)
- Majority in Lazy Sunday: Abbasids (they endorse holy wars), Ramones (THEY ARE FIGHTING THE MAN and the Blood Cabal is totally The Man), Rozhdestvenskij (also into holy war), Shadows (find the Blood Cabal worthy of judgement and punishment), Serpents of the Rainbow (They agree with the Ramones), Tramps (not violent or sneaky enough to overcome Vanderbilt distaste for the lower classes).
Choose Your Clan:
- Abbasid: The Abassids in Lazy Sunday have abandoned obsession with the Caliphate and the Mongols in favor of wiping out the Unclediluvians and the Enochians who serve them. They are very picky about who they embrace, mostly government soldiers and organized crime soldiers, who are experienced and disciplined. Much of the clan is grizzled veterans who will not abandon the cause but worry endlessly about getting killed because the Initiates screwed up. Bellicosity +2, Obstinancy +1.
- Quote: "I am a veteran of eight sieges. Listen to me and you will live. Every vampire is free, but I do not wish to be dragged down to death by your bad decisions."
- Puissance: Blood Assassin: When you hit a foe with a Physical attack, you can spend 1 Health and induce a blood related Physical Condition at a level equal to your Bellicosity.
- Addams: The Addams clan members in Lazy Sunday are disturbing because they basically try to project an image of being normal nineteen-fifties Americans in the middle of the chaos and death which often surrounds Lazy Sunday. They are even more tight knit than their more numerous cousins in the Blood Cabal. They remain the people who tell you what you don't want to hear, but *need* to hear. Artistry +1, Normalcy +1, Perspicacity +1.
- Quote: "Don't you think that an entire necklace of human skulls is rather gauche? And you didn't bind their original soul into them, so they aren't much actual use. Oh, it's too late now to track down their souls. I have bowling club later. No, I don't need a skull in order to bowl with. Yes, I am strange, thank you."
- Puissance: Deviate Via Normality: Spend one Brainmeat to reflexively reduce any mental condition which would force you to drop your front of normality by your Normalcy.
- BasketBaals?: You honor the ancient Baals through ballsports which produce magical effects. As leaders of Lazy Sunday, you try to dominate any gang you are part of and bring it around to your religion, like a cross between Amway and Evangelical Missionaries. This often means clashing with the Serpents of the Rainbow. You are not a demon worshiper, you are a perfectly respectable pagan, thank you! All the old gods wanted blood sacrifice, dammit! Artistry +1, Normalcy +2
- Quote: "The losing team will be sacrificed to ensure a good harvest and the winning team will be inducted into Lazy Sunday. You should feel honored. The mortals planned to kill you all, but half of you will live forever to honor the Ba'als!"
- Puissance: Divine Blessing: Spend one Existence to reflexively reduce any physical condition related to physical injury by your Perspicacity.
- Copperfields: Most Copperfields stayed in the Blood Cabal, because they were too skeptical to swallow the ideology of Lazy Sunday. The ones who did join use their arts to induce their enemies to destroy themselves, from enchanting the blood of a Vampire's harem to burn Vampires to perhaps their favorite trick, making the night suddenly disappear and revealing it's actually way past sunup. They also act as intelligence gatherers, and some mix high tech with their blood magic. Artistry +1, Perspicacity +2
- Quote: "The shield against scrying was impenetrable to magic, which is why I arranged for a tiny camera drone to be smuggled in. We should have a live feed soon. It's enchanted so he won't notice it, ideally."
- Puissance: The Shield of Arsenius: Spend one Brainmeat to reduce any magically-imposed Condition by your Perspicacity.
- Eastwoods: Eastwoods are not numerous in Lazy Sunday; the ones it has mostly form messenger packs who ensure that during sieges, messages can be passed that can't be electronically intercepted by the enemy, and who patrol the borders of cities to keep lycanthropes out. Bellicosity +1, Normalcy +1, Obstinancy +1
- Quote: "Five Doggies Dead in West Side Park, thanks to us. We need twenty vials, if you don't want us to ignore the next pack of Doggies who try and slip into this city."
- Puissance: High Plains Drifter: Spend one Brainmeat to acquire a zero-level mount or vehicle you can use to travel around in.
- Picassos: Essentially there are three major kinds of Picassos in Lazy Sunday. Artists who want to shock people; in Lazy Sunday, this may go as far as killing a family and then rearranging them into an art piece, or making something woven from cow entrails. The second group is rebels, who use their art to express rebellion; they are often performers who use their skills to maintain the morale of their packs. The final group are visionaries, whose art expresses the ideology of Lazy Sunday and sometimes prophesies the future or shows secrets of the present. Artistry +2, Synergy +1
- Quote: "They're not killing Santa Claus, you idiot! That's the Rozhdestvenskij Unclediluvian! This is how one day he will die! I have seen it! This is much better than that boring beige wall you had before!"
- Puissance: Always Elegant: Spend one Reputation to reflexively reduce by your Artistry any Social Condition which would reduce your elegance.
- Ramones: The Ramones are one of the backbones of Lazy Sunday, the warriors who provide the muscle to bring down the tyrants of the Blood Cabal. They spend a lot less time posing than the BC Ramones and a lot more time hitting things until they fall down. They're also more flexible. Bellicosity +2, Obstinancy + 1
- Quote: "Bob, you roll down the window. Joan, throw me through the window onto their roof; I'll smash the windshield and then yank out the driver. Ann, put your camcorder down, I'm going to need you to follow me in! Now, let's kick these Squires' asses!"
- Puissance: Punks Do Care: Spend one Brainmeat to reflexively reduce by your Obstinancy any Mental Condition which would make you stop caring about your goals.
- Rozhdestvenskij: They have become fierce holy warriors, dedicated to the war against the Unclediluvians, using their flesh shaping to augment allies and create hordes of freakish monsters to turn loose on enemies. They see every person as a project to improve. Artistry +2, Perspicacity +1
- Quote: "These tattoos will also enable you to repel bullets. Bullets may not kill us but they can knock us out and then it's much easier to stake us."
- Puissance: Scent of Judgement: You can spend one Existence and detect the moral qualities of a person automatically. If they possess powers to hide this, you can make Mental Attacks to penetrate it.
- Serpents of the Rainbow: The Serpents of the Rainbow believe the Unclediluvians betrayed and imprisoned the Rainbow Serpent and stole his power for themselves; thus came the curse of Ham and Rye on drinkers of blood. But one day, they will overthrow the Blood Cabal and set him free! Then there will be a new and better world for all. Any horrors done now are justified by what they will bring. Artistry +1, Normalcy +1, Synergy +1
- Quote: "For now, the curse of Ham and Rye means that I must feed on you, but when the Unclediluvians fall and the Rainbow Serpent is free once more then blood will rain from the sky and all will drink their fill; there will not be predator and prey but the free sharing of blood by all. Let us pray for that day to come swiftly."
- Puissance: Snakehandlers: Reflexively reduce by your Normalcy any Poison Condition.
- Shadows: Lazy Sunday Shadows act as scouts and spies; many also act as vigilantes on the side, but their first devotion is to Lazy Sunday. Bellicosity +1, Perspicacity +1, Synergy +1
- Quote: "The Dogs are trying to break into the city for some reason. They had a big fight with the Eastwoods of the Blood Cabal. Perhaps we can find a way to use this."
- Puissance: Slay With Your Own Darkness: Add the level of any morally corrupt Peculiarity of the target to any Physical Damage you inflict on them.
- Tramps: The Tramps of Lazy Sunday are mainly there because they're treated better here, not because they care much about the Unclediluvians or fighting the Blood Cabal. A fair number are part of all-Tramp Packs affiliated with the nomads the Tramps have always protected, wandering the countryside between cities, somehow dodging the Lycanthropes. The rest pose as ordinary hobos and spy for Lazy Sunday. Their ability to pass as mortals lets them even infiltrate Blood Cabal circles as *servants*. Artistry +1, Normalcy +1, Synergy +1
- Quote: *listens quietly to a BC Vanderbilt on the phone with his flunkies while cleaning the room*
- Puissance: Mask of Life: Spend one vial of blood or a Health point to take on the appearance of normal, healthy life for the rest of the scene.
- Vanderbilts: Someone has to fund Lazy Sunday and it's you; you're more robber baron or entrepreneur than settled wealthy aristocrat, running businesses to get profits that can be turned to the purposes of Lazy Sunday. Artistry +1, Synergy +2
- Quote: "The reason I need you to trash the factory is so that I can buy it at a fraction of the cost and use it to turn out those guns you love so much. Yes, of course I will have to fix it, but it will be worth it. Trust me."
- Puissance: High Class: Spend one Reputation to reflexively reduce by your Synergy any Social Condition which would hurt your reputation.
- Xanatosi: You are an uuuuuugggggglllllyyyyy vampire, twisted by your transformation, but it's also left you cunning, a manipulator and spy. No one is sure if they can trust you; lots of Lazy Sunday fears you're just spies for the Blood Cabal. Which you know some of you are, but not all. So you have to manipulate TWICE AS HARD to make up for it. Artistry +1, Perspicacity +1, Synergy +1
- Quote: "We kill everyone except the Renfrews who serve Carlyle. Why not them? If we let them live, everyone will suspect Carlyle made a deal with us and then he will be destroyed without us having to risk losing more members of Lazy Sunday trying to kill him. That's why. You saw what happened to the allegedly 'Badass' Pack when they invaded his mansion. Though I hear Victor was able to reassemble Tomas."
- Puissance: Look At ME! I AM A MONSTER: You can make Ranged - Mental - Fear attacks on anyone who can see you, adding your Artistry to any Conditions imposed.
- Bro Vampire: You gain Fortune Dice when you seek to drink blood or do whatever you want without thought for consequences; you gain Adversity Dice when you are hungry for blood and can't get it or when you let society constrain your bad behavior. This also conveys a zero-level Physical Bite attack.
Choose One of the Following:
- Aura of Importance (Artistry + Synergy): Everyone treats you as a VIP even if they're not sure how you're important or why. This gradually consumes your blood supply.
- Aura of Potence (Bellicosity + Obstinancy): You radiate 'badass motherfucker', even if you are busy making lace by hand. This slowly consumes your blood supply.
- Aura of Unimportance (Normalcy + Obstinancy): This causes people to ignore you; they *see* you, they just don't think you are worth caring about. Until you pounce on them for their blood or walk past them and steal everything in the vault, anyway. This slowly consumes your blood supply.
- Blood Magic (Artistry + Perspicacity ): You can mold minds, set things on fire, influence body functioning, conjure things, summon and bind spirits, and speak to the dead, but every spell requires some of your precious blood.
- Blood Sports (Artistry + Normalcy): You can bless or curse, summon and bind spirits, make crops grow or die, bring rain or drought and give longer life or illness and wasting, all through the medium of ball games in which you cheat by physically amplifying yourself with blood.
- Draw Blood (Bellicosity + Obstinancy): When you hit people, they bleed more than usual. This allows you to then lick that blood and refresh your stock.
- Flesh Shaping (Artistry + Perspicacity): You can reshape a person's body to reflect their true self. This can be beautiful or hideous.
- Induce Clan Behavior (Artistry + Perspicacity): You must feed the target a small amount of your blood; this transforms them into a Blood Roadie, who craves more of your blood and will serve you to get it. Further, they take on the behavior patterns of your clan.
- Shadow Mastery (Bellicosity + Perspicacity): You can control shadows to attack people, hide yourself and others or do anything a shadow can.
- Silver Tongue (Perspicacity + Synergy): At only a small cost in blood, you can persuade people of almost anything AND make them think it their own idea.
- Snake Mastery (Normalcy + Synergy): You can control Snakes and Snake-like beings, such as Yuan-Ti.
- Theater of the Mind's Eye (Normalcy + Artistry): You induce hallucinations which seem real in people's minds; no camera will catch your illusions. This is favored by Tramps.
- Vampire Shapeshifting (Normalcy + Obstinancy): This is the art of transforming yourself into a cloud of mist, a swarm of bats, or a huge wolf. Every shift uses some of your precious blood. Serpents of the Rainbow substitute a giant snake form for a wolf.
- Roll once on the [Low Tech Melee Weapon Table]?.
- 2d6 vials of blood (payment from your last job)
- The Book of the Desert Wind: Spend one Brainmeat to summon and bind a Jinn to do a task for you.
- Prim, Proper 50s clothing
- Roll on the [Metaphysical Oddity Table]?
- Roll on the [Weird Shit Table]?, taking it as level 1.
- Ritual Clothing
- Roll once on the [Magical Melee Weapon Table]? .
- Roll once on the [Magical Tome Table]?, taking it as level 1.
- Top Hat and Black Suit
- Occult Gear
- Roll on the [Wand Table]?, taking it as level 1.
- Black Leather Jacket
- Colt .45: Level 1. Inflicts Ranged - Physical - Piercing Damage. Treat any bullet it fires as a Silver Bullet that does Existential/Destruction? damage to anything linked to the Moon, like Werewolves, or Sailor Moon.
- Elegant Clothing
- Art Gear
- The Work of Art Which Led to You Being Exalted: You can make Mental/Emotional? Attacks; if they succeed, in addition to any damage or Conditions, you impose the Condition Transfixed by Beauty at a level equal to your Artistry.
- Huge Collection of Punk CDs: Burn one Reputation to find a Punk ally with skills you need for the rest of the scene.
- A wardrobe of useful costumes
- Roll once on the [Low Tech Melee Weapon Table]?.
- Roll once on the [Metaphysical Oddity Table]?, taking it as a level 1 item.
- Serpents of the Rainbow:
- Ritual Clothing
- Roll once on the [Ranged Modern Weapon Table]?.
- Collection of Secrets: Make Melee - Physical - Binding attacks which add your Synergy to any Conditions inflicted.
- Black Clothing
- Roll once on the [Occult Tome Table]?.
- A Trained Large Snake: Make Social - Shame attacks which add your Synergy to any Conditions inflicted.
- Hobo Clothing
- Roll once on the [Weird Shit Table]?.
- Part of the Tramp Social Network: Spend one Reputation to make contact with an ally of the Tramps with a skill you need.
- Rich Clothing
- Ommicompetent Loyal Butler.
- Giant Mansion For Parties: Spend one Reputation to make contact with an ally in high society.
- Elegant Clothing
- A Strong Investment Portfolio.
- Roll once on the [Lycanthrope Magic Item Table]?, taking it as level 1; you tricked a lycanthrope into giving you this.
- [Back to the Affiliations Page]?
- [Back to the Main Page]?.