HomePage | GloranthaWorld | RecentChanges | Preferences | Upload File
Angar, son of Marl, Thunder Rebel - Initiate of Orlanth
Marl, son of Hagar and Ingrid, daughter of Jorra, were wed fifteen years ago, and a year later, Angar, their eldest child was born. Angar took after his father, loud, active, forceful and rather reckless. He nearly died trying to wrestle a calf that came after one of his siblings but was proud of his scars.
Only three days before his initiation, Grazers hit the village, caught by surprise by their dark magics. Many were hurt and Angar's cousin Harfast lost an eye and a hand. Angar was not allowed to fight but helped move the injured to where they could be treated afterwards, along with all the boys and girls scheduled to initiate soon.
So it was under a cloud that Angar and a dozen other boys all initiated into manhood at the age of 14 (and one fifteen year old who had been too sick the previous year). During his initiation, when thrown in the pit of evils, he organized those in the pit to break out and overcome the evil uncles who threw him in, personally throwing one of them into the pit himself. Grazers showed up in the middle of their effort to head to the Good Uncle's Stead and carried off most of the boys and girls. Harrid escaped but doesn't know how (Braneld found him by the side of the road, injured, lying on a sledge, and healed him), Angar escaped because he could now fly, and they assembled a force of Braneld, who was now an initiate of Chalanna Arroy, Yora, who surprised no one by going Eurmali, Yrse, who had become a Shaman of Kolat (to everyone's shock), Jarnger (second cousin to Angar, now an initiate of Issaries) and Tybalt, a wandering Lhankor Mhy initiate, who had *no idea* how he had gotten into the middle of this bullshit, beyond blaming something called 'Rokari'.
Together, they rescued everyone, defeated the Grazers, and then somehow stumbled into the Unity Battle and fought in it, then woke up back in the temple of Orlanth (if male) or the temple of Ernalda (if female) with the surviving initiates. (One boy and one girl were never seen again and one of the boys was dead. Everyone else was mauled to various degrees.)
Angar was honored for taking the lead and feels quite proud of himself. He's been on some raids since then, but they didn't have the thrill of that desperate struggle.
So now he's looking for a grand quest to show his mettle! Perhaps they can hunt down this 'Rokari' monster that drove Tybalt from his homeland!
Pick your Attributes
- Charm +1. The eldest child of eight, Angar had to run herd on the others and learned how to get them to do what he wanted willingly.
- Grace +1 Angar popped out of the womb graceful, according to his mother, and could dance skillfully by age six!
- Magic -1 Angar acts just like Orlanth, so he has no idea why he's not so good with magic.
- Might +3 Hard work and a lot of getting in fights made Angar strong.
- Wits +0 Despite what Tybalt says, Angar is not stupid. But he's not smart either.
- Your Hit Points are 8 + Might (11).
- Your Base Damage is d8.
- Defy Authority (Human): When you Defy Danger from an authority figure, or Resist Magic used by an authority figure, you can roll +Might even if it's not appropriate.
- Fly: When you leap into the air you may fly at the speed of a fast run, or can dive at galloping speed for short distances. At high altitude you can use air streams to cover ground more quickly.
- Indomitable: You get +1 Might (Might +3).
- Move Like the Wind: when you go into battle, roll +Might. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 2. On a miss, hold 1, but take -1 forward. During the battle (during your turn, but without taking your action), you can spend your hold 1 for 1 to:
- You harm, stagger, or disarm an NPC within reach.
- Name a character within your reach. You redirect their attack to another character within your reach, or else to nowhere - the floor, a wall, the sky, etc. (This can be used during someone else's turn).
- Name a character in the scene, but outside your reach. You cross the distance between you before they have time to adjust or react.
- Name a character within your reach. While you keep fighting, you intercept any attack directed at them and they suffer no harm.
- Avoid all harm to yourself from an incoming attack.
- Charm: Spend 1 hold to gain +1 on a Smooth Talk roll to seduce or befriend someone; spend 3 hold to gain Advantage on the roll.
- Mobility: The caster may spend hold to gain +1 on any move requiring speed or maneuverability such as a race, chase or escaping a threat.
Armor (Pick One):
- Leather Lamellar Cuirass: (1-Armor)
- Wooden Shield: (1-Protective)
Main Weapon (Pick One):
- Broadsword: (1-Harm Hand Cleave)
Other Items (Pick Three):
- Armor Upgrade - Got Wooden Shield
- Brace of Javelins : (Thrown-Close 1-Piercing)
- Fancy Clothing: +1 on +Charm checks in formal situations or with those impressed by wealth.
- Weaponthane: You are the sworn warrior of a chief, who demands your loyalty but tolerates your adventuresome ways. You have a place to sleep, food, and access to the leaders of your clan. You can try and get the Chief to loan you a warband (medium gang) once per Season; roll +Charm. On a 10+, he lets you take them, no strings attached. On a 7-9, you get them, but choose two of the following:
- He expects a cut of the loot and gets first pick.
- You will have to spend next season doing special work for him.
- He expects gifts (2 wealth).
- He expects a special sacrifice to Orlanth (2 wealth).