HomePage | GloranthaWorld | RecentChanges | Preferences | Upload File
Earth Avenger - Initiate of Babeester Gor
When Ernalda died (slept) in the Great Darkness, Babeester Gor was born from her to avenge her and went on a killing spree against the enemies of Ernalda who had brought her low, until, like most of the gods, she died. But the Great Compromise and the Return of Yelm brought her back to life and her initiates go out and hack the enemies of women into hamburger, then make beer from the blood.
Today, her initiates guard Earth temples and go out and kill those who cause women trouble; in Sartar, they are less common, but many women initiate to her in Esrolia who wish to take on a warrior role (such women typically go Vingan in Sartar or Heortland). You are one such initiate; you suffered some great outrage which drove you to this cult.
Her initiates are all female and tend to be loud, aggressive, and rude and often drive Ernalda's priestesses up the wall as they're more inclined to Violence Is Always An Option than to There Is Always Another Way, but defer to Ernalda priestesses, if reluctantly.
Take this playbook if you want to be big, tough, and aggressive (and female.)
Pick your Attributes
You have Might +2, and pick one of the following arrays to distribute among your remaining Attributes:
Choose one of the following arrays:
- +1, +1, +0, -1
- +2, +0, -1, -1
- Your Hit Points are 8 + Might.
- Your Base Damage is d8.
You get all the basic moves and pick three from the list below.
- Brew Blood Beer: At the end of a session in which at least 10 enemies died at the hands of your group, roll +Magic. On a 10+ you gain 3 pints of Blood Beer; on a 7-9, you gain 1 pint, on a 6 or less, you mess up the rite and suffer -1 ongoing in the next session until you suffer at least 1 Harm. Blood Beer matures between sessions and goes bad at the end of the session after you make it. You (or a friendly Earth Initiate of whatever Earth diety) can drink 1 pint a round as a free action to:
- Heal 2d4 Harm
- Gain +2 on your next attack
- Gain Advantage on your next Intimidate
- Spew it into a foe's face, if he is in Intimate or Hand-to-Hand range, staggering him.
- Earth Avenger: You get +1 Might (Max +3).
- Earthshaker’s Stomp: When you do the Earthshaker Stomp, roll +Magic. On a 10+, all foes within Hand range take 1d6 Harm and are staggered. On 7-9, choose 1. On a 6 or less, you slip instead of stomping, ending up prone and staggered.
- Earth Warrior: When you enter a Battle, roll +Might. On 10+, you get 3 hold. On a 7-9, you get 1 hold. Spend your hold at any time during the session 1 for 1 to:
- Rush a foe within close range without consequences, then inflict Harm.
- Make a Volley attack on a foe within Far Range with your hand weapon, then it flies back to you.
- Negate all harm from an attack
- Hit every foe within Hand-To-Hand range or Intimate range for 1d6 Harm
- Trap a foe so they can't move before the end of your next turn. They can still attack foes within Hand or Intimate range of themselves.
- Hard as the Earth: You get +2 to Defy Danger using Might when appropriate.
- Might of Babeester Gor: When angry or determined, you can manage feats of supernatural strength. Roll +Might. 10+: It goes exactly as planned. 7-9: You do what you wanted, but your muscles protest, causing you -1 to your next Might roll. 6-: Your muscles tear and you do 1d4 Harm to yourself.
- Scary Woman: You get a +1 bonus to any use of Intimidate on men.
- Summon Earth Guardian: roll+Magic. You summon a snake-like earth elemental that churns through and under the Earth. It stays for one scene or the duration of a battle (Inflicts 1d8 + 1 Harm, attacks with your might at a distance, 2 Armor) and can carry small objects as well as fight.
- Berserk: Spend 1 hold to stay conscious when you should pass out; you must spend one hold per round.
- Shove: Spend 1 hold when you hit a foe to knock him out to Near range and render him prone.
- Rage of Babeester Gor: Spend 1 hold to add +1 to the Harm you inflict, after succeeding in inflicting Harm.
- Shield: Spend 1 hold to gain +1 armor against one of the following: melee, missiles or magical attack or cause of injury (such as falling rocks or a raging bonfire). Each can only be picked once.
- Smash: Spend 1 hold to destroy something hand-portable which you are holding; spend 3 hold to break a wagon or a wooden gate or door or a stone statue.
Armor (Pick One):
- Copper Cuirass: (1-Armor) (Upgrades to Enchanted Copper Breastplate, 2-Armor, 1-Clumsy)
- Protective Tattoos: (1-Armor) (Upgrades to Full Body Tattoos, 2-Armor, 1-Clumsy)
- Copper Shield: (1-Protective) (Upgrades to Enchanted Copper Shield, 2-Protective, 1-Clumsy)
Main Weapon (Pick One):
- Broadsword: (1-Harm Hand Cleave)
- Longspear: (1-Harm Hand/Close? 2-Handed)
- Two-Handed Axe: (2-Harm Hand 2-Handed)
- Two-Handed Sword: (2-Harm Hand 2-Handed)
Other Items (Pick Three):
- Battleaxe : (1-Harm Hand)
- Brace of Javelins : (Thrown-Close 1-Piercing)
- Hand Axe: (Hand Throw-Close)
- Longsword : (1-Harm Hand)
- Upgrade your Armor one step or get a second form of armor. Keep in mind that Armor and Protective stack but neither stacks with itself.
- Enchanted Fearsome Copper Helmet: +1 on Intimidate checks against men
- Your Favorite Skull of Someone You Killed, Now a Drinking Cup: +1 on Carouse checks
- A horse and tack
- Battle Gauntlets of Babeester Gor: (Intimate/Hand?), +1 with Basic Magic
- Blood Mug of Babeester Gor: Fills with Blood Beer, one hold equivalent, the first time in a session you kill someone.
- Shrunken Troll Head on a necklace of shrunken skulls: You can see in the dark.
- A War Chariot with Driver (you must also take a horse and tack to get full use of this)
- Guardian of Ernalda: You serve in the local temple of Ernalda. Once a season, you can pray at the Temple; roll +Magic. On a 10+, you gain two blessings which can be invoked once per season. On a 7-9, you gain one blessing:
- When invoked, you can roll Intimdiate with advantage as your enemies have nightmare visions of your wrath.
- For one scene, you have 3 armor against all weapons made of metal or wood.
- Ernalda leads you to an ancient cache of wealth (gain 40 silver and 3 mundane possessions, like an axe or a nice skull for your collection)
- Cup of Healing: Once per session, you can heal 2d6 damage to someone within Hand range of you. Including yourself.
- Travelling Avenger: You roam as Ernalda calls you. You've been assigned a group of Babeester Gor Initiate assistants (small gang)
- Weaponthane: You are the sworn warrior of a female chief, who demands your loyalty but tolerates your adventuresome ways. You have a place to sleep, food, and access to the leaders of your clan. You can try and get the Chief to loan you a warband (medium gang) once per Season; roll +Charm. On a 10+, she lets you take them, no strings attached. On a 7-9, you get them, but choose two of the following:
- She expects a cut of the loot and gets first pick.
- You will have to spend next season doing special work for her.
- She expects gifts (40 silver).
- She expects a special sacrifice to Ernalda (40 silver).
Once you earn 5 XP, you can buy an advancement.
- Add +1 to an Attribute which is 0 or higher, to a maximum of +2
- Take another move from this playbook
- Take another Basic Magic move from this playbook
- Switch your Background to a different one from this playbook
After you have leveled up five times, you may take an advanced improvement for every 5 XP you earn.
- Get +1 to any Attribute, max +3
- Change to a different playbook
- Learn 2 Moves from this playbook
- Learn 1 Move from another playbook
- Learn 2 Basic Magic from this playbook
- Learn 1 Basic Magic from another playbook
- Erase one luck mark from your playbook