HomePage | GloranthaWorld | RecentChanges | Preferences | Upload File
Once, there was only Chaos, but then the first primal scream happened. "I EXIST!" Kygor Litor tore herself free from the Chaos and forced it to submit. She constructed Wonderhome, a place where all her children could live. There was darkness and food and places to live and things to do. There was a surface world, but they left us alone and we left them alone, especially due to the Wicked Emperor Yelm, who forced Kygor's daughter Xentha to marry him, then he set her on fire because he is made out of evil. When she fled back to her mother, he followed her and laid waste to Wonderhome. He and Kygor battled and she gave birth to Zorak Zoran, who castrated Yelm and hurled him into a chasm in the Underworld but then she had to lead her people to the surface, for Wonderhome was both destroyed and uninhabitable (due to being on fire all the time). She then gave birth to Argan Argar, who would negotiate with other gods for her, and sent Zorak Zoran to take down Yelmalio, the heir to Yelm; as usual, he maimed Yelmalio and threw him off a cliff instead of killing him but now it was dark all the time and we fought Chaos and ate anything tasty. When Orlanth tried to stop us eating his cattle and sheep, Zorak Zoran threw him off a cliff into a pit down to the Underworld. Unfortunately, Orlanth found Yelm and they teamed up, returned to the surface and now we're stuck in a world which is full of *light* half the time and we can't go back to Wonderhome because it is still burning AND a bunch of Yelm's stupid followers brought Yelmalio back to life under the name Nysalor and he tried to make it daytime *all the time*. He also refused to be eaten as he deserved and burned his way out of Kygor Litor's body and now we're all cursed to give birth to trollkin half the time and it used to be *all the time*, until Cragspider, the greatest priestess of Kygor Litor, half-fixed the curse. Now the Pelorians worship the Red Moon, who shines the light of Chaos over everything, and we're pretty sure this is Yelmalio in drag and eventually it's going to get brighter and there will be no more darkness. Until we rip it out of the sky and eat it.
You're just saying.
You serve the greatest of all goddesses, Kygor Litor, and it is your duty to lead and guide them because Men Must Obey Troll Priestesses, but also because We Do Whatever We Must For the Uz to Survive. Especially, we smite Chaos because We Will Not Be Silenced, as our Mother could not be silenced by Chaos.
Kygor Litor only accepts female priestesses.
Take this playbook if you want to dig into an alien mindset and be wise, domineering, and a guardian of the Uz race.
Pick your Attributes
You have Magic +2, and pick one of the following arrays to distribute among your remaining Attributes:
Choose one of the following arrays:
- +1, +1, +0, -1
- +2, +0, -1, -1
- Your Hit Points are 8 + Might.
- Your Base Damage is d6.
You start with all the Basic Moves and Pick Three off the list below:
- Blessing of Kygor Litor: You get +1 Magic (Max +3).
- Blinding Strike: When you Fight in Close Combat, you can declare you are delivering a Blinding Strike. On a 10+, your foe is blinded until the end of your next turn. On a 6 or less, you blind yourself until the end of your next turn.
- Darkness: Roll + Magic. On 10+, you are shrouded in darkness until the end of your next turn; you gain +2 to any Defy Danger checks which would be aided by people not seeing you. On 7-9, as 10+ but your darkvision is on the fritz and you suffer -1 to any actions other than Defy Danger while in the darkness if *you* would need to see. On a miss, you suffer -1 to all actions until the end of your next turn as you blunder around in the darkness.
- Direct Ally: As an action, roll +Magic. On a 10+, an ally of your choice inflicts harm equal to their weapon's harm on a foe who is within hand-to-hand range of them. On a 7-9, an ally of your choice makes a Smite Foe action, but *you* suffer any negative consequences. On a 6 or less, a foe within range of you gets to inflict harm on you.
- Eat Foe: When you take an action to eat a fallen foe, roll +Magic. 10+, you heal 1d8 Harm and gain 1 hold you can use for a Basic Magic of your choice. 7-9: Choose one of those two results. 6+: You get indigestion and a -1 forward.
- Scary: When you use Intimidate on someone who has seen you eat someone, add one extra result on a roll of 7 or higher.
- Majesty of Kygor Litor: When you go into battle, roll +Magic. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 2. On a miss, hold 1, but take -1 forward. During the battle (during your turn, but without taking your action), you can spend your hold 1 for 1 to:
- You escape from all foes within hand-to-hand range, moving to close range from them, as darkness briefly envelops the area.
- Make an immediate Intimidate on a foe within sight, gaining +2 if you have used Eat Foe during the battle.
- If you are about to suffer harm, one of your trollkin minions throws himself in the path of the attack and dies instead of you getting hurt.
- Use Eat Foe, if you have it, without having to use an action.
- Trollkin swarm a foe of your choice within Close range; they are staggered until the end of your next turn.
- Thick Skin: Your natural armor increases to two.
- Withering Darkness: Roll + Magic. On 10+, you inflict 1d8 Harm and stagger a foe within close range. On 7-9, you can inflict Harm or stagger the foe. On a miss, you wither yourself for 1d4 Harm.
- Command: The caster may spend 1 hold to roll +Charm with Advantage.
- Eat Anything: Spend hold to eat anything that you can fit in your mouth that isn't magically indestructible. You are limited by stomach size, though you have a big one. If used on a living creature, you inflict 1d6 Harm.
- Know Dark Secrets: The caster may spend 1 hold to roll Read A Person with Advantage.
- Insect Steed: Spend 1 hold to summon a giant insect mount (it dies if it takes over 3 harm) which can fly as fast as a person can run and serves you for the rest of the scene. It needs a lot of space to fly inside, but it has no fear of sunlight.
- Smite Chaos: Spend hold to gain +2 to any action against a Chaotic creature.
Your skin is tough, giving you one point of armor. You have a pair of sunglasses which let you operate in daytime without losing your sight. Pick one serious weapon and three Troll Gear
Serious weapons (pick one):
- Staff of Office: (Hand Two-Handed 1-Protective). It grants +1 to Basic Magic checks.
- Two-Handed Axe: (2-Harm Hand 2-Handed)
- Stone Warclub : (1-Harm Hand Bruiser)
- War Mace : (1-Harm Hand Two-Handed Bruiser)
Troll Gear (pick three):
- Battleaxe : (1-Harm Hand)
- Horn Dagger: (Intimate/Hand? Concealable)
- Mace : (Hand Bruiser)
- Wooden Shield: (Intimate/Hand? 1-Protective)
- Bag of Clacks: You can use this once per session to generate a point of leverage to persuade people or as a point of wealth to buy something.
- Necklace of Shrunken Solar Cult Worshipper Heads: These strike fear into filthy sun worshippers and Pelorians in general, giving +2 to Intimidate them. They give +1 to Intimidate others.
- Crown of Kyger Litor: A sign of your authority, giving you +1 to +Charm checks with Darkness worshippers and Trolls.
- Healer's Bag: These edible herbs can be used once a session to heal up to 1d8 Harm or remove a disease or other ongoing condition.
- Advisor to Troll Warband: You act as the spiritual advisor to a group of Trollkin Mercenaries serving the Clan Chief. You can persuade him to loan you the trollkin (medium gang) once per Season; roll +Charm. On a 10+, he lets you take them, no strings attached. On a 7-9, you get them, but choose two of the following:
- He expects a cut of the loot and gets first pick.
- You will have to spend next season doing special work for him.
- He expects gifts (40 silver).
- He expects a special sacrifice to Orlanth (40 silver). You gag at this, but you can do it, because We Do Whatever We Must For the Uz to Survive.
- Guardian of a Small Shrine: You have a tiny shrine to Kygor Litor! Within it, you have Advantage on all +Magic checks and +1 Armor. Within the tula, you have +1 to all Magic checks, +2 at night.
- Guest of the Temple of Ernalda: The local temple of Ernalda is hosting you and you assist their services and advise them they shouldn't take so much shit from their husbands. In return, each season, roll +Magic. On a 10+, choose two trinkets. On a 7-9, you get one trinket:
- Earth Shield: (1-Harm Intimate/Hand? 1-Protective) +2 to Resist Magic against Chaos.
- Cup of Healing: Once per session, you can heal 2d6 damage to someone within Hand range of you. Including yourself.
- Pendant of Earth-Sleep: When you are reduced to 0 Health remaining, roll +Magic. 10+: You go into a trance where you heal 1 Harm per round until you are fully healed and wake up; healing administered in advance can wake you up. 7-9: You go into a trance until the next morning, when you recover with one health, unless healed earlier. On a miss, the pendant simply breaks.
- Wind Bag: Actually a trinket from the temple of Orlanth, given to Ernalda, who gave it to you. As an action, you open it and roll +Magic. On a 10+, all foes within hand-to-hand take 1d6 Harm, are blown out to close range and knocked prone. On a 7-9, they are blown out to Close Range and knocked prone. On a 6+, you are flung into the air, take 1d4 Harm, and fall prone.
Once you earn 5 XP, you can buy an advancement.
- Add +1 to an Attribute which is 0 or higher, to a maximum of +2
- Take another move from this playbook
- Take another Basic Magic move from this playbook
- Switch your Background to a different one from this playbook
After you have leveled up five times, you may take an advanced improvement for every 5 XP you earn.
- Get +1 to any Attribute, max +3
- Change to a different playbook
- Learn 2 Moves from this playbook
- Learn 1 Move from another playbook
- Learn 2 Basic Magic from this playbook
- Learn 1 Basic Magic from another playbook
- Erase one luck mark from your playbook