HomePage | GloranthaWorld | RecentChanges | Preferences | Upload File
Sexy Cat People - Initiate of Yinkin
Kero Fin is the mother of Orlanth and Yinkin; however, Umath was Orlanth's father and Yinkin's father was Frolar, God of Carnivores. They grew up closer than Orlanth was with their other brothers, and after Yinkin's time in the wilderness, he came to live with Orlanth, bringing his Alynxes with him. He is not a tame cat, but he is loyal to his brother and a friend to all Orlanthi. During the Great Darkness, he used his hunting skills to help defend Orlanth's stead, until finally he died; he tricked his way out of the Underworld and that is why Cats have nine lives now.
Yinkin is wild and prefers wild spaces when the weather is warm, returning to the stead when the cold sets in; once Sacred Time is over, he takes off again. Likewise, his followers come and go, following their instincts. They are fierce friends and passionate lovers, but you cannot expect them to settle down for long. Full temples of Yinkin are rare, and usually have a rotating staff.
Because Alynxes aren't all one gender, you can be whatever gender you want. Indeed, a lot of Yinkini can change their gender if the whim strikes them, though most don't do it often.
Take this playbook if you want to be like a cat, for good and ill.
Pick your Attributes
You have Grace +2, and pick one of the following arrays to distribute among your remaining Attributes:
Choose one of the following arrays:
- +1, +1, +0, -1
- +2, +0, -1, -1
- Your Hit Points are 8 + Might.
- Your Base Damage is d8.
You start with all the Basic Moves and Pick Three off the list below:
- Alynx Form: you can take on the form of a alynx with a five minute ritual, turning back in the same way; while in alynx form, your claws and bite do 1-Harm at Intimate or Hand range. You appear to be a totally normal alynx.
- Blend Into Forest: You know how to hide in nature whether lying in wait or moving without leaving a trail. Roll +Grace. On a 10+, you are totally hidden even if foes pass very close to you and anyone trailing you loses the trail. On a 7-9, you only get caught if they get too close to you and anyone tracking you struggles and falls behind somewhat . On a miss, you hide in a pool of light and get caught.
- Cat's Grace: You get +1 Grace (Max +3).
- Fighting Cat: when you go into battle, roll +Grace. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 2. On a miss, hold 1, but take -1 forward. During the battle (during your turn, but without taking your action), you can spend your hold 1 for 1 to:
- You harm, stagger, or disarm an NPC within reach of your weapons or natural weaponry.
- You sprout claws while still human in form; they do (1-Harm Hand). They last to the end of the fight.
- Inflict +1d4 Harm on a melee attack you just made
- You can fall any distance without hurting yourself.
- Safely move out to Close range from a foe within intimate or hand range, leaving them behind. This can't be used if you are grappled.
- Hunting Cat: When you Smite Foe using natural weaponry or unarmed attacks, use +Grace instead of +Might.
- Sexy: When you Smooth Talk to seduce people, roll +Grace instead of +Charm.
- Shelter Maker: You can easily improvise shelter in the wilderness to keep you and your Heroband safe and warm with one hour of labor.
- Wind Leaper: Pick a foe who is at Close, Near, or Far range. Roll +Grace. 10+: You leap adjacent to them, winds carrying you over obstacles or chasms. 7-9: You make the move but land badly, suffering -1 ongoing to the end of your next turn. 6-: You fall prone at your current position
- Wilderness Survivor: If you have at least 2 hours to dedicate to hunting, fishing, and gathering, you can support yourself in the wilderness without needing to roll. You gain Advantage on Hunting checks.
- Cat Form: Spend one hold to assume the form of an alynx (you can turn back whenever you want) or 3 hold to turn into some other kind of cat.
- Lick Wound: Spend hold to heal 1d4 Harm from an injury to yourself or another character.
- Mobility: The caster may spend hold to gain +1 on any move requiring speed or maneuverability such as a race, chase or escaping a threat.
- Silent Walker: Spend 1 hold to move very silently for the next ten minutes. You can use this on allies within hand range by spending hold.
- Mirror Shift: Spend 1 hold to turn into someone of the opposite sex; it still looks like you; spend 3 hold and you don't look like your normal self at all; you can undo this with a simple action.
Armor (Pick One):
- Leather Lamellar Cuirass: (1-Armor) (Upgrades to Enchanted Leather Lamellar Cuirass, 2-Armor, 1-Clumsy)
- Protective Tattoos: (1-Armor) (Upgrades to Full Body Tattoos, 2-Armor, 1-Clumsy)
- Wooden Shield: (1-Protective) (Upgrades to Big Wooden Shield, 2-Protective, 1-Clumsy)
You get an Alynx Companion and pick 3 Hunter's Items:
- Alynx Companion: (1-Harm) You use an action to command him to attack; he can also move one movement range before or after attacking and can always disengage safely. If you are silenced, you cannot give commands; you can see through his eyes and he is fairly stealthy.
Hunter's Items (pick three):
- Battleaxe : (1-Harm Hand)
- Bow: (Ranged-Close/Near?/Far? Two-Handed)
- Hand Axe: (Hand Throw-Close)
- Horn Dagger: (Intimate/Hand? Concealable)
- Short Spear: (Hand 1-Piercing)
- Trident: (Hand Trap)
- Upgrade your Armor one step or get a second form of armor. Keep in mind that Armor and Protective stack but neither stacks with itself.
- Hunting Traps: +1 on Hunting checks which use +Wits.
- Fancy Clothing: +1 on +Charm checks in formal situations or with those impressed by wealth.
- A horse and tack
- Necklace with the Yinkin Rune carved into a gem: +1 with Basic Magic
- Hunting Poisons: +1 on Hunting checks which use +Grace.
- Tiny statuette of Kero Fin: If you are in a cave, resting, enemies cannot find the cave without use of magic, and even then, you get +2 to resist the tracking magic.
- Four man canoe and fishing gear.
- Hunting Lodge: You have a hideout in the wilds stocked with a few days of supplies, manned by relatives and/or thralls. There, you hunt and then sell the extra food and hides and bones for profit. Each season, roll +Wits. On a 10+, you have 40 silver surplus. On a 7-9, you have 20 silver surplus. Choose 1 season you get +2 during and one you get -2 during and explain why.
- Pillowfriend: You have shacked up with someone who accepts that you come and go like the wind; They keep you wired into the gossip network and keep you fed and housed during Dark and Storm season and sometimes other times too. Once a season, when you visit them, roll +Charm. On a 10+, you collect 3 Leverage you can use on Clan members. On a 7-9, you collect 2 Leverage you can use on Clan members.
- Shaman Ally: You and a Shaman friend share a hut in the wilds (even if it's just the forest of your clan tula). He supplies you with one Fetish per season; it can be activated by rolling +Charm. 10+: Gain 3 hold. 7-9: Gain one hold. 6-: The spirit ignores you and it can't be used the rest of the session. Choose one kind each season:
- Cloud Brother (One of the Wrong Seasons): Spend 1 hold to summon a cloud and ride it... but you must go where the wind wills; spend 3 hold to summon a cloud that you and a small group of allies can ride and you control where it goes... but it only moves at a comfortable walk. Clouds are not into vigor.
- Cool Wind (One of Uncle Frost's Family): Spend 1 hold to reduce the heat levels of the area a little; spend 3 hold to make it feel like Dark Season.
- Fish Brother (One of the Deep Well Spirits): Spend 1 hold to summon enough fish (there must be a body of water near you) to feed a small group; spend 3 hold to summon enough fish to feed a large group.
- Hawk Brother (One of the Breath Friends): Spend 1 hold to summon a hawk which bears a short message to someone of your choice; spend 3 hold and the hawk can bring a message back to you after it delivers your missive.
- Lightning Brother (One of the Breath Friends): This is bound into a weapon. Spend 1 hold to do 1 extra Harm with the weapon for a number of rounds equal to your Magic; spend 3 hold to fire a lightning bolt which does 3 harm with a range of Close.
- Rain Brother (One of the Wrong Seasons): Spend 1 hold to call down light rain; spend 3 hold to call down high winds and heavy rain.
- Shell Brother (One of the Deep Well Spirits): Spend hold to add your Charm to your Armor against a single attack as you suddenly are protected by a giant turtle shell.
- Bone Breaker (One of the Hell Brothers): Spend 3 hold to inflict 3-Harm and stagger every undead within Close Range; spend 1 hold to do one of those things.
- Wind Brother (One of the Breath Friends): Spend 1 hold to push someone in hand range out to close range; spend 3 hold to push them to far range.
- Wing Brother (One of the Breath Friends): Spend 1 hold to fly as fast as a man can run, or 3 to fly as fast as a horse can gallop.
- Wise Brother (One of the Sky Defenders): Spend 1 hold to dispel one magical effect within sight; spend 3 hold to dispel every magical effect within Close Range of you.
Once you earn 5 XP, you can buy an advancement.
- Add +1 to an Attribute which is 0 or higher, to a maximum of +2
- Take another move from this playbook
- Take another Basic Magic move from this playbook
- Switch your Background to a different one from this playbook
After you have leveled up five times, you may take an advanced improvement for every 5 XP you earn.
- Get +1 to any Attribute, max +3
- Change to a different playbook
- Learn 2 Moves from this playbook
- Learn 1 Move from another playbook
- Learn 2 Basic Magic from this playbook
- Learn 1 Basic Magic from another playbook
- Erase one luck mark from your playbook